• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't you DARE to badmouth my waifu, or I will get back to that stone faced bitch of yours
anuxi_mirana.gif
It was a compliment. ;_;

DO YOU SEE WHAT DOTO HAS DONE TO US

I'mma enjoy this medium rare aged porterhouse steak and lobster bisque.

Ya'll are all crazy people! Go get your Xanax prescription refilled nerd!

Syn23

I haven't read everything in the last pages, so I don't know if someone already posted something similar.

Don't you think that a good change to Octarine Core could be to make it lifesteal only magical damage (not physical or pure damage)?
If would make it usless on Bristleback and Timbersaw, and make it not not worth it on Death Prophet. It would still be very strong on Lesh, Zeus and other heroes, but I think that's supposed to be its purpose.

What do you think about it?

TUSR

Banned
Had a game in test client earlier where the enemy techies blinked into our base through the tree line. He managed to plant the sign then proceeded to spam remote mines without us noticing. Resulted in our team getting spawn killed. Kinda killed the game with Techies being allowed to do that.

rofl

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I haven't read everything in the last pages, so I don't know if someone already posted something similar.

Don't you think that a good change to Octarine Core could be to make it lifesteal only magical damage (not physical or pure damage)?
If would make it usless on Bristleback and Timbersaw, and make it not not worth it on Death Prophet. It would still be very strong on Lesh, Zeus and other heroes, but I think that's supposed to be its purpose.

What do you think about it?

It wont stop it from being a problem if it is a problem. There are plenty of magic focused heroes people are worried about.

kasane

It basically comes down to the micromanaging and positioning. It is something I have trouble with on 5 things at once, like most people do.

try

ember, magnus, slark, lion, and enigma

the team was basically gunning for me

slark and lion was just constantly looking for me in the jungle and es was looking for the meepo i was laning

i got bots but they were waiting for me everywhere

it was quite hilarious actually

shira

Had a game in test client earlier where the enemy techies blinked into our base through the tree line. He managed to plant the sign then proceeded to spam remote mines without us noticing. Resulted in our team getting spawn killed. Kinda killed the game with Techies being allowed to do that.

Sound like mumblegaf have found their RQ inducing finisher

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I imagine everyone was watching to see what the enemy team was doing. Not the actual fountain. Also, if he was smoked you'll never see the mines he plants

do you guys think that more skills should get an upgrade similar to invoker's deafening blast at lvl 25 ?

ogre magi 5x multicast at lvl 25

...no, but I wish more skill upgrades were as inventive and cute as dazzle's poison touch rather than just number tweaks

That assumes that Octarine is OP on Bristle and Timber and other physical/pure spells.

It's really not OP on them in practice.

if bristle had a higher stack cap on his ult it would be pretty ridiculous but the 7 stack limit means you don't get as much. Bummer since CDR sounds amazing on him otherwise.

**Waga and Shane's game right now has convinced me that Naga is absolutely ridiculous.

Haunted

do you guys think that more skills should get an upgrade similar to invoker's deafening blast at lvl 25 ?
Purge (I know, I know) made a fairly astute observation that while Invoker has a large variety of spells, there's no one big showstopper spell that could be called a proper "ultimate". Deafening Blast at full W/Q/E could be that.

Giving heroes spruced up versions of their spells at level 25 could be a cool thing, but by and large, I think Aghs upgrades are largely taking care of that.

Hey, they actually implemented my Nyx voice line change with the exact lines I recommended.

He makes either random bug noises or says "I did, they die!"

It's like these lines were made for this ability despite being unused for years

also lol Alch has 6 Aghs in his recommended items

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Alright Hylian I always talk shit on you but let me try to give you some honest, constructive feedback from watching your stream right now.

Your map awareness leaves a lot to be desired. Examples:

1) You went to secret shop and finished eul's, Sand King was getting ganked in the top lane right next to you and you might have helped, but you didn't even look at the situation. Instead you ran back to mid to midas a creep.
2) You picked up a haste rune and your plan for it rather than ganking or fighting was to go jungle and disrupt the Sand King's farm. At the same time an obvious T1 push was coming mid and you were caught off guard by it.
3) You went mid to kill Slark despite the fact that the Brew was visible on the map coming up behind you, too focused on getting your combo off on the Slark (a hard kill anyway) and you died.

In general during the laning phase you seemed to have a lot of tunnel vision only focused on last hitting/denying meanwhile the SF was literally running train on your teammates. Rarely if ever did I see you look at other lanes, look for a sun strike you could hit, etc.

Hylian7

Alright Hylian I always talk shit on you but let me try to give you some honest, constructive feedback from watching your stream right now.

Your map awareness leaves a lot to be desired. Examples:

1) You went to secret shop and finished eul's, Sand King was getting ganked in the top lane right next to you and you might have helped, but you didn't even look at the situation. Instead you ran back to mid to midas a creep.
2) You picked up a haste rune and your plan for it rather than ganking or fighting was to go jungle and disrupt the Sand King's farm. At the same time an obvious T1 push was coming mid and you were caught off guard by it.
3) You went mid to kill Slark despite the fact that the Brew was visible on the map coming up behind you, too focused on getting your combo off on the Slark (a hard kill anyway) and you died.

In general during the laning phase you seemed to have a lot of tunnel vision only focused on last hitting/denying meanwhile the SF was literally running train on your teammates. Rarely if ever did I see you look at other lanes, look for a sun strike you could hit, etc.

Thanks for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom