• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC Sera

Need some Shadow Demon games after watching this:
https://youtu.be/-OlKR3-pm2U

It should be.. unless the ward-into-gold bug is not yet fixed.
I need to play him more too. I thought it said fetus instead of feeders
OjyWv23.gif

He is an ironic fave of mine due to his bad dragon tail and edgy swearing in demonic

you can never unsee the bad dragon tail

Edit: We have sweet sweet mango lore (thanks to cyborgmatt)
CDymiz8VAAERCKd.png

Well yes SD is bretty gud. Purge fucks up bkb heroes or melee carries, disru is good for setups, the damage amp is legit but I generally don't put >1 point in it, poison is a great farming and depushing tool

He's not spectacular or explosive that's for sure but he's legit
Use disruption on TB with metamorphosis on, fuck him up

Sanjay

Yes base regen, what is the base regen on Axe and nyx then?

I recall Orge having good base regen but can't remember the numbers, they should really add that information to Dota2 Wiki.

Quesa

Brother lost his phone/wallet combo as we got to the airport. Press F to pay respects

And Nyx is def up there for regen. I think a starting mango on him offlane could mean not having to get bottle and being able to lvl6 gank even if you couldn't get arcane fast enough

Haunted

I hate how long clarities take me out of the game because I'm paranoid of getting hit and losing the regen, mangos being instant means I'm more likely to use them because I know I'll get full value.

It's a psychological thing.

They're also the only consumable that gives you a bonus while in inventory I can think of, so I can't imagine taking a clarity over one, even though clarities are technically more efficient.

Don't forget mangoes are 3x the cost of clarities. A better comparison would mangoes vs clarity + tangoes.

+mangoes are 25 gold cheaper (150 vs 175)
+mana regen is instant, cant be cancelled like clarities

-it takes 7 minutes and 40 seconds to outheal tangoes (assuming you never waste regen by being at full hp)
-mangoes restore 20 less mana (150 vs 170)
-cant be split up and given to mid like tangoes

Falk

that puzzling face
Mangoes seem cool for melee like Sven/Slardar/etc I guess. Regen at the start when you need it, burst mana for a gank/escape likely after you've gotten your first HP regen item(s).

Majority of its value comes from instant mana, meaning an additional cast of whatever lv1/2 ability that people might not be expecting. That's not really comparable to tango/clarity.

I will be buying mangos just beacuse they are mangos and are the bestest fruit.

They can also be useful for carries by regaining mana while jungling without it be interpreted by attacks like clarities.

kionedrik

You are crazy. How can you not like mangoes.

Only looking at the mana regen aspect I find them too niche.

Lets assume the following:
- You're offlane in a 1v1. They can be useful to bully the other one out of the lane or secure a kill.
- You're offlane in a 1v2 or 1v3. More often than not you'll just stay there and leach XP, you'll only need the mana for an escape or to be aggressive towards a support if you find an opportunity. Even if you get a kill in this situation you'll most likely retreat back to your tower to heal and is this case a clarity is the most valuable item to get mana back.
- If you're a roamer there's no point in wasting 150g for an inferior mana source. You'll most likely get a bottle eventually.
- If you're mid you're almost sure to get a bottle, if you aren't it's because your hero isn't a spellcaster and can live with low mana, so you'll only spend tangos and salves.
- If your a support you'll never be able to justify a 150g investment for 150 mana in the early game, so you're stuck with clarities.
- If you're the safelane farmer you'll only want them if you're being bullied in your lane and need nukes to send the offlaner back, otherwise, if you have the chance to free farm, all the mana you spend can be safely recovered with clarities.
(edit) - If you're a jungler that needs mana, like Enigma or NP, you can safely use clarities since our minions are tanking the hits.

The passive HP regen is a nice bonus of the item, but hardly the main reason you get it, so I don't think it changes my previous points too much.

Haunted

I need to math out some starting item builds.

Taking a mango instead of a branch and two clarities (or 2 branches and a clarity) does sound weak.

on the other hand it's a fucking mango I can take with me to eat whenever

Acinixys

I like to think that Mangos are there to increase the amount of aggression in the early game

A hero like Skywrath or CM with an extra 150 mana can wreck you

A hero like CK with his joke of a mana pool can keep the offlaner scared by mangoing up after a (failed) gank instead of waiting 20-30 seconds for his clarity to regen enough. Same story with Tiny without Wisp, Sven, etc.

I'm honestly a little more excited for the Compendium and its rewards than I am for the balance changes heh

Last year had some cool stuff. Weather was a really nice addition.

Yeah mango are super situational imo
I guess for mana intensive melee carries (see CK) it's alright, clarity gets cancelled way too easy on them
For ranged supports that spam (see SWM) clarities are a much better deal, even if you get one cancelled you still have 2 left (considering you buy 3 clarities instead of one mango)

Mana intensive mids get a bottle most of the time anyway, with one or two casual clarities for the beginning at most

And holy shit mango is core on WK at all points in the game, guaranteed ult every single time.
soul ring doe

Why are people treating Mango like some kind of investment? It's a consumable with a little HP regen quirk. Nothing more.

It's designed for heroes that come up short on mana in tight situations, like Earthshaker.

BearPawB

Banned
I had a great time with early game mangos on Wraith King.

Got some regen, able to double stun. If I still had mango by the time i was 6, i had ult no matter what. So i could again use my stun without worry

And holy shit mango is core on WK at all points in the game, guaaranteed ult every single time.

Oops didnt see you JUST said this haha

Lesh and Timber are gonna be crazy this patch thanks to ocarina core.

crazy.gif

Leshrac movement speed from 315 to 320
Lightning Storm slow duration from 0.75 to 0.7/0.8/0.9/1

Split earth has an effective 1.05s cast time. That means lightning (lv 4) + split earth can't miss
Euls bloodstone octarine gonna destroy some ass

And holy shit mango is core on WK at all points in the game, guaranteed ult every single time.

You still need 10 mana, so it's not that great against mana burners and Soul Ring is more cost efficient in the long run, although early game the mango is great on WK, because of the HP regen and the quick mana burst if he really needs it.

Leshrac movement speed from 315 to 320
Lightning Storm slow duration from 0.75 to 0.7/0.8/0.9/1

Split earth has an effective 1.05s cast time. That means lightning (lv 4) + split earth can't miss
Euls bloodstone octarine gonna destroy some ass
Oh wow lesh got a movement buff? Nice

Avengers 2 + Cloud9 elimination match + 6.84 & compendium

Gud day, dis day.
I always wonder why do some movie get late releases on the US.

kionedrik

Lesh and Timber are gonna be crazy this patch thanks to ocarina core.

crazy.gif

Octarina will be, at best, their third item and if they get them the game will be over.

Their new item build will be as follows:

Soul Ring - Mana Boots - Mek - Guardian Greaves - Bloodstone

After that Aghs is in most cases a better investment than Octarina. They will rise in popularity and perhaps even in WR this patch, but the main item responsible for it won't be Octarina.

Guardian Greaves are love, Guardian Greaves are life.

Octarina will be, at best, their third item and if they get them the game will be over.

After that Aghs is in most cases a better investment than Octarina. They will rise in popularity and perhaps even in WR this patch, but the main item responsible for it won't be Octarina.

greaves and aghs on lesh ? lol fuck nah

Kalnos

Banned
Timber will probably go: Mana Boots -> Disassemble -> Bloodstone -> Octarine/Aghs

Octarine just doesn't have enough regen to sustain Timber on its own, especially with the lowered CDs. It will be interesting to see if it has an effect on how many people build a Shiva on Timber since they compete for the Mystic Staff.

Moppeh

Banned

Bloodstone is still going to be his first major item. Its the only way he can be relevant in a fight. I'll probably go straight to oct after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom