• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artanisix

HBoYecp.gif

JC Sera

if bristle had a higher stack cap on his ult it would be pretty ridiculous but the 7 stack limit means you don't get as much. Bummer since CDR sounds amazing on him otherwise.

**Waga and Shane's game right now has convinced me that Naga is absolutely ridiculous.
source?

sorry that was pretty short of me
could you give me the link to the stream please, if they are still doing the naga bullshit
DsrA6Kc.gif

nah, they finished and I don't think Waga's gone offline since so there isn't a vod at the moment. He's still playing on the test server though:
http://www.twitch.tv/wagamamatv

once he goes offline you can look through his past broadcast for the game. was like an hour+ so it shouldn't be terribly hard to find.

Hylian7

So thoughts on Invoker:

1. I'm feeling pretty confident in it now. I fucking love this hero. I think I'm not afraid to take it to ranked now as an option.

2. I think I like QE more than QW, but both are damn fun, and QW is also still really good. I guess part of the reason I like QE is just because it is damn satisfying to blow people up with the Euls combo.

3. Should I still get Euls if I'm doing QW just for the mana regen and occasional random uses of Tornado? I mean you get it with QE to do the combo, but with QW it doesn't have any specific synergies really.

All in all, I love this damn hero and really regret not taking the time to learn him sooner. I was always just "Yeah, I'll learn him later." and I really should have learned him sooner. It definitely isn't too hard to grasp once you try it a few times.

update 6 out

ti5 compendium + 6.84 tomorrow on main

Source?

Dahbomb

Those are 3 of the most exciting heroes in DOTA..

And I did not know that Octacore item reduced cooldown on items as well... that's an insane item IMO.

bounchfx

Really hope we see the rise of all the old mids.

DK, Magnus, DP etc

Im pretty sick and tired of Storm/SF/QoP now

They are so boring to watch (unless its Sumail owing kids on Storm)

fail.gif

yeah I agree. I would really appreciate more variety. I understand some heroes are better in certain patches but it gets old real quick seeing the same 3-4 picks.

however there is something to be said for storm spirit and how entertaining he is to watch

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Really hope we see the rise of all the old mids.

DK, Magnus, DP etc

Im pretty sick and tired of Storm/SF/QoP now

They are so boring to watch (unless its Sumail owing kids on Storm)

fail.gif

QoP/Storm/SF are boring to watch o_O?? I can get that they are too prevalent/strong, but boring? Man I remember when people were whining about DK/Naga/Magnus going mid every game, and how they yearn for the good ol' traditional days of dota where "real" mids like SF, QoP, Storm, Invoker, and Puck dominated, lol. It's pretty hilarious, literally reverse the two hero triplets in your statement, and you have pretty much 90% of this thread and reddit like 1-2 years ago.

If dota teaches us anything, it's that people actually love change xD.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
are you saying its likely given the number of updates (i think so too) or has it been officially said somewhere

It would be somewhere on the top of reddit if it was something official.

Its just easy enough to read the tea leaves with the test client updates and figure it out.

Acinixys

QoP/Storm/SF are boring to watch o_O??

Storm and QoP are ok. They have just been picked a shit load and I like diversity

SF is a boring boring turd though

Literally played the same way every game

Sometimes Reddit has good ideas. They want to rename Slardars skills because they are so boring atm.

Sprint - Slippery Fish
Slithereen Crush - Aquaman Slam
Bash - Sardine Slap
Amp Damage - Tip the Scales

laugh.gif

JC Sera

Storm and QoP are ok. They have just been picked a shit load and I like diversity

SF is a boring boring turd though

Literally played the same way every game

Sometimes Reddit has good ideas. They want to rename Slardars skills because they are so boring atm.

Sprint - Slippery Fish
Slithereen Crush - Aquaman Slam
Bash - Sardine Slap
Amp Damage - Tip the Scales

laugh.gif
I really like this one
smile.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looking at old topics, I wonder if some old concepts will ever be revisited. Do you remember there was potentially going to be a LoL style Tribunal system (Did the he Tribunal ever turn back on?)

I wonder if Valve will actually bring the idea of a Kill Taunt back, something like that could be cool

Also, the first defense only had a €10,000 prize pool, crazy being reminded how small prizes pools were back then compared to today. I still have no clue why Joindota stopped doing them.

Still can't find a picture showing Alchemist's placeholder lore ("A Chemist name Al"), oh well.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
patch will be out in less than 18 hours, quote me on it

____
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1433583644
this freaking match was just hilariously unworthy. they took bottom barracks and for 15 minutes we sat around our base and barely managed to killed them over and over while they came in 1,2 or 3 at a time.

Tieske

Neo Member
Apparently the silver edge debuff works on towers, making them do less dmg. If thats intended, that's pretty nice on NP
RJVFI6H.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Apparently the silver edge debuff works on towers, making them do less dmg. If thats intended, that's pretty nice on NP
RJVFI6H.gif

That is likely going to be fixed, you can't normally apply buffs/debuffs to towers. If you can it tends to be stated explicitly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom