• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't win this shit no matter how hard I try anymore

I want to earn my jadehorn and I only have two more wins but now it seems impossible to win
Zeus
Undying
Omniknight
Warlock
Winter Wyvern

That is our stack and we destroy with it. Already got the Jade trophy.

Just make sure you hold back to see where their beast is going then all TP in and kill it. (Whilst keeping yours alive)

J2d

Lost my first game as zeus, thought we had it in the beginning but pushing into sniper with tinker was too hard for us.

Just had another nice pay2win against an enemy zeus going nuts. So fun.

I just won another match where a crazy Zeus was doing his thing with level 4 speed, but this Huskar was a though son of a bitch, although only slowed the inevitable, this mofo survived 5 Aghs Thunder Wraths in a row http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/e/e4/Emoticon_rage.gif?version=cf78b8ecc492a1348b2b4b3a20b25edb[/IMG

Just look at Zeus damage!! [url]http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1265659433[/url] he will melt you by just staring you in the eyes.

Helo guys i'm new here.
I usually play dota casually (and play bots mostly..), but during this YB event i try to always queue.
So far this event really fun, you play differently compared to normal match, and it being nice to me, i'm currently on 14-3 on solo queue, but i rarely get sets with hero i usually play :(
and after the last match i got same set for the first time (Agaric Flourish).

Quesa

Zeus
Undying
Omniknight
Warlock
Winter Wyvern

Just make sure you hold back to see where their beast is going then all TP in and kill it. (Whilst keeping yours alive)

Yeah zeus seems like a must. Everyone's instapicking so I can never guarantee any character I pick. I'd have to convince four other people to load up a bot game so we can lock those dudes in faster, as well as someone who knows how to play wyvern.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Zeus
Undying
Omniknight
Warlock
Winter Wyvern

Do you normally bring it with you, or leave it to its own devices? I found a pretty decent strategy is to just keep roping it back to the fountain and wait for the other team to make an aggressive move.

Do you normally bring it with you, or leave it to its own devices? I found a pretty decent strategy is to just keep roping it back to the fountain and wait for the other team to make an aggressive move.
Wait to catch their beast out then bring yours in. I even body block our beast if needs be.
88EGmCc.gif

Yeah zeus seems like a must. Everyone's instapicking so I can never guarantee any character I pick. I'd have to convince four other people to load up a bot game so we can lock those dudes in faster, as well as someone who knows how to play wyvern.
Wyvern is pretty easy to play and is a decent hero.

First point in Arctic Burn, max Splinter Blast, grab one Cold Embrace at four. Your ult can be used to stop their beast from TPing out.

Harass with the long range from Burn, get them all low with Splinter Blast in the team fights and use Cold Embrace to heal the beast/team mates. Her ult is great to cast on them as well if they are all grouped up.

Manus

Just had a game where we were down 2 racks 25 minutes in. Other team is screaming ez in all chat. Well 70 minutes later we finish and win. Best feeling in the world. We pretty much stayed in base and didn't leave for 40 minutes.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Zeus
Undying
Omniknight
Warlock
Winter Wyvern

For the last week AdmiralBulldog has run into nearly this exact same stack every year beast. Zeus/Undying/Warlock and a mix of the other heroes everybody is picking for this dumb mode. He always picks sniper. I haven't seen him lose a single year beast yet.

rexor0717

Just had a game where we were down 2 racks 25 minutes in. Other team is screaming ez in all chat. Well 70 minutes later we finish and win. Best feeling in the world. We pretty much stayed in base and didn't leave for 40 minutes.
There are few things better in this world than that feeling.

Sianos

road to 80% completed!

latest game featured a reactionary string of tiny, magnus, and kotl

and of course a juggernaut instant picker because disjointing and cancelling omnislash is always a beautiful moment

Big Dog

Juts won a game as the great new PL with the help of a pretty good Broodmother. Clearly Brood is his one and only true love. Can't believe someone would play for so long and only really pick one hero all the time.

kasane

what is with pubs hard on with blink first tide

i went mek first and they all literally screamed at me

and i got it at the 10th minute mark

fuck pubs

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Bad day for year beast. First queue never found a game, and both games I actually played had people abandon and leave early.

what is with pubs hard on with blink first tide

i went mek first and they all literally screamed at me

and i got it at the 10th minute mark

fuck pubs

Did you also have Arcanes? Because Mek + Ravage takes a ton of mana.

Wok

Juts won a game as the great new PL with the help of a pretty good Broodmother. Clearly Brood is his one and only true love. Can't believe someone would play for so long and only really pick one hero all the time.

The good thing with one-picker is you can learn a lot by watching one of their games.

I have watched this game with this Phoenix lover and I recommend watching it if you plan to play Phoenix. There is only one good offensive full combo it seems: dive, then fire spirit + ult instantly after, then dive or laser beam to finish off foes.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1260102014

UuxzCNK.png

Edit: Oops, sorry for double post.

Valve better patch in YB mode to be random draft or all random. The way I see it, whoever locks in heroes the fastest wins. Might as well end the YB match after the picking phase and give the sets to whoever drafted Zeus, Undying, Warlock, Sniper, etc.

pachuco

None. Have new players hit the random button every game like they got a pair of nuts, lose miserably and then go read up/watch what the hero they just make look so pathetic is supposed to be able to do so they won't be such a damned loser the next time they random it. This is how I learned Dota and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Some of the guys I know that started after me cut their teeth by spamming 3-4 "noob friendly" heroes and they all still suck at the game and actively avoid playing any hero that requires a modicum of skill. Trial by fire is the only way.

Yeah, I have been going through the All-Hero challenge. This is probably the best way to get to know all of the characters IMO.

Zeknurn

Load into Year Beast faster than usual, mash "Ze" and spam LMB where the button is going to appear to try to get Zeus before anyone else. Wheel accidentally scrolls to Visage and I lock it in. I say "We fucking lost" out loud.

Luckily Zeus ended up on our team and together with my Soul Assumption we burst the other team into the next century. Their Sniper died so fast each fight that I almost felt bad for him.

A++ would accidentally pick Visage again

I hate dota 2 it's the only fucking game I want to play! I suppose I did manage to finish DAI but since then I find it hard to even launch other games.

CURE ME GAF!

I hate dota 2 it's the only fucking game I want to play! I suppose I did manage to finish DAI but since then I find it hard to even launch other games.

CURE ME GAF!

I am still trying to finsish DA:I :(

I didn't even play actual MM in the past 4 days. I only played morphling vs bots over playing other games...

I don't even actually care about winning YB anymore. I just go in and pick whatever and go through the motions in my slow climb up to 8K points for the goldhorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom