• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbd23

that feel when your tax return comes earlier than expected
happytears.gif

also compendium doomed

Maximo

i mean, i found out the compendium was released in the metro on my way to work

i rushed to my office computer like a maniac to log in and buy the thing

the guy already here saw the state of me and was like "turning in something on a deadline eh?"

cBj1LTf.png

it's not like they're in limited quantities

i'm a grown ass man

cBj1LTf.png
Holy shit hahaha.

Wok

How easy is it to level up the compendium without spending money?

Impossible kind of easy.

You can either predict the TI correctly and earn at most 147,5 levels if you are feeling like winning the lottery ; or plays tons of games and win once in a long while 1/4 of a level.

What exactly is the problem with the pet?

People are, maybe rightfully so, assuming a ton of people will have them and, since it's on multiple heroes, you can have 5 of them on your team and that would be very visually busy to look at.

I do agree there should be some limits on pets and it's not something I want to see added to the game in huge numbers, but

1. People are overestimating how many people will get their compendium to level 50
2. People are overestimating how many people pick those heroes and would have more than one of them on their team

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
People are, maybe rightfully so, assuming a ton of people will have them and, since it's on multiple heroes, you can have 5 of them on your team and that would be very visually busy to look at.

I do agree there should be some limits on pets and it's not something I want to see added to the game in huge numbers, but

1. People are overestimating how many people will get their compendium to level 50
2. People are overestimating how many people pick those heroes and would have more than one of them on their team

It does seem a little weird how they handled this pet. It's just an arbitrary handful of heroes. I like pets but they make more sense for individual heroes.

It does seem a little weird how they handled this pet. It's just an arbitrary handful of heroes. I like pets but they make more sense for individual heroes.

It seems like it was intended for Bristleback and then they just decided to throw it on random "warlike/scrapper" heroes... and Riki.

Riki doesn't fit at all with the other heroes who are either warlords or scrappy fighters. Riki is an assassin prince...

I wouldn't be surprised if the pet was a pack-in with a sold Bristleback announcer originally and then they decided to make both compendium rewards.

Anyone else feel ripped off by buying the compendium?
First it's more expensive than usual,then you get basically nothing for buying it right now and the challenges are bullshit because you have to win the game or else they don't count.
Is there a way to refund this?

BeesEight

First it's more expensive than usual,then you get basically nothing for buying it right now and the challenges are bullshit because you have to win the game or else they don't count.

It's not being sold for $10?

I've just woke up and am trying to catch up on the compendium news but the only thing I think I'm disappointed in is the lack of a battle booster. That said, you don't get items for leveling up so they couldn't use that as an incentive anymore. I'm not entirely sure what the compendium does but if it comes with another fantasy league token, I'll be happy.

I didn't put any money in on mine last year and mostly get it for the "free" items.

In unrelated news, I finally got to put in some time playing the game. New patch is super confusing. That said, all three games I had last night I had an Alchemist on my team who didn't skill stun until level 10+.

Is this normal? I'm pretty sure I've lost every lane because the Alchemist is just pushing the wave with acid spray and being able to contribute nothing whenever there's a scrap because he's been maxing greevil's greed. We super got wrecked by a Magnus/Techies lane even though I tried to keep up on detection of those techies mines. Never played against a Techies though (I know it's not a good excuse but damnit, I'm going to use it!). We still managed to win since Techies appears to offer very little in actual engagements and they also had a Tinker for doubling down on the absent, unhelpful heroes.

1. It's the same price as it's been the last two years
2. You get more this time around than you did last time, just not yet. Once rewards start unlocking it'll quickly catch up and then surpass last year's offerings.
3. This is to discourage tunnel vision towards these goals. There's one for denying two towers in one game, if you could lose people would just let the enemy push to get their denies and lose the game.
4. No refunds

Quesa

You guys think [A] Deserve a direct invite? Don't think they do but I'm having a hard time looking at the rest of the teams I didn't pick and seeing them get a direct invite... I've picked most of the obvious ones. Maybe I should swap it for DK, but I haven't seen them in a while.
invisibility.gif

bbd23

You guys think [A] Deserve a direct invite? Don't think they do but I'm having a hard time looking at the rest of the teams I didn't pick and seeing them get a direct invite... I've picked most of the obvious ones. Maybe I should swap it for DK, but I haven't seen them in a while.
invisibility.gif

DK wouldn't even win qualifiers

Big Dog

Maybe they froze the Compendium dollar amount at 1.9 million so they can update the page all at once later today and release some of the stretch goals as well. This way they can dodge the bullet or Reddit flipping out that the stretch goal hasn't come out yet.

invisibility.gif

They probably deserved an invite until they kicked Niqua the other day. I don't follow them enough, but I'm sure it wasn't smart to kick him from a skill level perspective when they have done so well lately.

shira

This coins shit is massive bullshit

Untradeable items and sets. I mean if you couldn't win them during yearbeast how the duck are you supposed to win them now.

invisibility.gif

The question isn't "do they deserve it?", the question is "will they get invited?". I don't think they deserve it, but they have a high chance of getting invited anyway because TI3.

Edit: Waga's 1390 GPM Alch game. Midas/BF/Heart in 13 minutes, gave all his teammates aghs in 27 minutes.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
inb4 workshop contributors start making pets to prop up mediocre sets

I don't know, they tend to have a ton of animations, I'm not sure too many sets will have pets, unlike particles and icons. Defiantly seeing some people turning unaccepted couriers into pets though.

Also, I bet the updated exchange rate likely is why the prize pool had to be paused, there are likely Indonesians who abused that a ton and bought like a million points.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I know nothing about Dota 2 e-sports. Guess now is a time as good as any to start.

NS got a new portrait
SSxoqNS.png

With this and the immortal particles, I'm wondering if he'll get an update. Generally the portraits for updated heroes accidentally release a week or so before the update does, or at least it was the case several times in the past.

Honestly, if they add a manacost, make the damage reduction scale, and maybe add a special caveat for how it affects rosh, then I think he'll be fine.
It's pretty fun to use him though. I just love it when the enemy engages when I have low hp and just pop that ulti to tank the damages then turn around the fight.
HBoYecp.gif
HBoYecp.gif
HBoYecp.gif

Na'Vi will get one simply because they won a past TI, even though they are hardly the same team they were then.

it's funny you say that cause now with artstyle that's 3/5 of the TI1 roster. They haven't played much with that roster though
Since it's 10 invites I think navi will be invited. I'd say 2 teams per region (4 regions) and then 2 more

I'd appreciate it if they'd get the Heavy to record some new lines for his heroes (Pugna, Lich, Sniper) because he's so old and I can't help feeling he's going to retire before these heroes get more lines, as they don't really have many compared to newer heroes or ones who had their actor come back in.

Him and the man of many voices, Sam A. Mowry are the two actors whose heroes don't really have a lot of lines.

Quesa

Phantom Lancer is the best voice in the game.

Also, for Burrow: Nyx can use bots while burrowed, and will still be burrowed after. And with a good blink/fs setup, tinker or anyone else can use upbots to tp to him and be in trees. Should make for some interesting late-game combos.

kvk1

I was going to say they probably had BB's voice actor in already for a new hero, or he was cheaper than Timber's VA but

...lol

They have the same actor

They should get TJ Ramini back in the studio.

Tweet out pictures and small hints that it might be a Timbersaw announcer pack.

Get people all hyped up.

Then have him record a Skywrath Mage announcer pack.

Just because.

theRizzle

Bought a Level 50 Compendium through the webstore even though I haven't been able to play Dota since just after last year's TI and will only get to play for about 3 weeks in July.

I miss doto

Hylian7

yeah but pubs can't into stacking

I had a few games with Alchs in them yesterday, one on my team, the other two where he was on the other team. The entire game they all sit there with Phase Boots and farming Aghs for people, one of them successfully bought 2 Aghs for his teammates. They still lost because Alch was basically useless and a support would have more than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom