• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

This is how addiction works.

sF1q376.png

Well played, Volvo.

Arkanius

Last year I bought a compendium to a friend of mine
This year he wants to buy it for me, except he can't gift it until 1 week has passed

Good job Valve!

for some reason it wouldn't let me do one of the compendium challenges in a Single Draft game, I assume because it's supposedly one of the "broken" modes that doesn't count?

shira

Where is our Compendium thread? Kirby, shira? Kappa

I tried writing one, but it doesn't make sense. I asked a friend to proof it and they were like you used so much jargon and terms I don't understand.

If you can write something that makes sense to a non-dota player concerning TI5 and 6.84 go for it.

If EviLore wants someone to post some links I mean, imho it's too niche. What kind of normal person would spend $500 on a virtual book?

people will learn to just kite ursa during his ult. before you could just nuke him when he was close, now you just gotta leave him be for the time of his ult

twobear's wrath from beyond the grave.

his incontrovertible power.

ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔ

la_briola

I tried writing one, but it doesn't make sense. I asked a friend to proof it and they were like you used so much jargon and terms I don't understand.

If you can write something that makes sense to a non-dota player concerning TI5 and 6.84 go for it.

If EviLore wants someone to post some links I mean, imho it's too niche. What kind of normal person would spend $500 on a virtual book?

I guess... but we had one for the last book(s), AFAIR.

Regarding "links": new threads for new news is the rule of thumb.

shira

I guess this year they are just doing

- Qualifiers
- Play-in Series
- Main Event

no more round-robin group stages : (
So fun watching like 200 matches in 5 days

I guess... but we had one for the last book(s), AFAIR.

Regarding "links": new threads for new news is the rule of thumb.

Been up too long, if someone else wants to post go for it.

Wok

Bought 4 aghanim for my team as Alchemist, bought a moon shard and consumed it. Got reported because Alchemist has no item.

On one hand, I'm glad that this year's compendium is more comprehensive from the start. Last year's felt like it was just being thrown together.

However I'm really concerned about how far I'm going to get without spending any extra cash. Don't get me wrong I had fun with it last year but it felt like work. I played loads to get a golden pudgling, and they turned out to be very cheap. Sometimes I think I would just be better off buying what I want on the market. I got to level 53 last year and gave up.

ViviOggi

Yeah I just bought the vanilla compendium for now, see how much I can level it just by playing and if the immortals I want turn out to be expensive I can still drop some dosh on points. The level 50 bundle only saves you like 3 bucks anyway.

deleted

Yeah I just bought the vanilla compendium for now, see how much I can level it just by playing and if the immortals I want turn out to be expensive I can still drop some dosh on points. The level 50 bundle only saves you like 3 bucks anyway.

Doesn't the LVL 50 bundle give you extra trophies, emoticons and taunts and stuff?

Also what teams expected to be invited? I have far too many European teams I guess...

ViviOggi

Doesn't the LVL 50 bundle give you extra trophies, emoticons and taunts and stuff?

Also what teams expected to be invited? I have far too many European teams I guess...
That's just a list of all the stuff you get for having a lvl 50 compendium, regardless of how you reach it

Wok

What is a bit strange is how rare immortal treasure III is.

Treasure I: levels 1, 10, 30, 40, 60, 100, 150, 160, 190, etc.

Treasure II: levels 1, 20, 70, 80, 100, 130, 150, 170, 200, etc.

Treasure III: levels 1, 90, 100, 110, 120, 140, 150, 180, 210, etc.

If you get to level 50, you have 4 treasures I, 2 treasures II, but only 1 treasure III.

If you get to level 100, you have 6 treasures I, 5 treasures II, but only 3 treasures III.

Only if you get to level 180, you have 8 treasures of each kind. It costs 50 euros to upgrade from level 50 to level 180.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom