• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickster

Is the storefront in Dota just dedicated 100% to showing off the compendium atm? Can't find any way to access the normal store page

Big Dog

NS got a new portrait
SSxoqNS.png

With this and the immortal particles, I'm wondering if he'll get an update. Generally the portraits for updated heroes accidentally release a week or so before the update does, or at least it was the case several times in the past.

That portrait is now my favorite probably. Much better than the zoomed one he used to have. I also wonder if they increased the detail level of his hero portrait. Looks nice.

Tieske

Neo Member
new visage birds are ridiculous(ly good)

stealth sniper buff because only sniper is ever gonna kill those things jesus kappa

52club

A few thoughts:

The rat is back, by the rat I'm referring to Nature's Profit. That buff to the trees attack damage is really nice. Top it off with an Aghs and it is crazy the split push you can get.

The Alch Aghs is going to make teamwork even a bigger part of the game. This will of course cause trolling, but it really creates a fun game if you are playing with the right team. I'd love to see them consider making other item related changes to make teamwork more appealing.

One other thing, can we track the individuals who say I'm not buying a compendium or it isn't a good deal? Only because I'd love to check their inventory down the road. To me it is one of the best deals for spectator sport (based on the three I've bought). I'm not saying the items will make you rich, but instead the engagement it offers is a really good value. Compare that with a certain PPV boxing match coming up, and it is obvious to me which is the better value.

Hylian7

A few thoughts:

The rat is back, by the rat I'm referring to Nature's Profit. That buff to the trees attack damage is really nice. Top it off with an Aghs and it is crazy the split push you can get.

The Alch Aghs is going to make teamwork even a bigger part of the game. This will of course cause trolling, but it really creates a fun game if you are playing with the right team. I'd love to see them consider making other item related changes to make teamwork more appealing.

One other thing, can we track the individuals who say I'm not buying a compendium or it isn't a good deal? Only because I'd love to check their inventory down the road. To me it is one of the best deals for spectator sport (based on the three I've bought). I'm not saying the items wills make you rich, but instead the engagement it offers is a really good value. Compare that with a certain PPV boxing match coming up, and it is obvious to me which is the better value.

In pro/organized games I can see Aghs Alch being absolutely viable, and arguably even broken. In random pubs, not so much as usually Alchs are going to either blindly give Aghs to teammates or not at all, with no reading of the situation and what the team actually needs.

Hylian7

What do the different book icons mean next to the names in the friends frame?

Basically something about the level. When I looked at it briefly last night, I saw silver books behind mostly everyone, but Anuxi had a golden one, as she bought level 223!

52club

In pro/organized games I can see Aghs Alch being absolutely viable, and arguably even broken. In random pubs, not so much as usually Alchs are going to either blindly give Aghs to teammates or not at all, with no reading of the situation and what the team actually needs.

I actually don't think it will be broke in the pro games. I have some theories why but I'm on my iPad and am too lazy to type them.

Last night I had a very small sample size, but I had a cool Alch who farmed me one as NP which really made a difference. In the next game I went Alch and had an OD stealing farm even though I explained I was going to give the Aghs to him. So I agree with you that it will fluctuate a lot more in Pubs.

Sliver

Just had an Alchemist game where I farmed top and jungle for a half hour, and was able to give Aghanims to Omniknight and Earthshaker. It was almost too easy.

Wok

Basically something about the level. When I looked at it briefly last night, I saw silver books behind mostly everyone, but Anuxi had a golden one, as she bought level 223!

You just need level 75 to get better golden text.

Wok

I actually don't think it will be broke in the pro games. I have some theories why but I'm on my iPad and am too lazy to type them.

Last night I had a very small sample size, but I had a cool Alch who farmed me one as NP which really made a difference. In the next game I went Alch and had an OD stealing farm even though I explained I was going to give the Aghs to him. So I agree with you that it will fluctuate a lot more in Pubs.

Problem with pubs is that you need more time to farm the aghs because people do not cooperate. Since games are shorter, Alch becomes a liability. If supports stacked the jungle and so on, or even bought wards or the courier or dust or anything, it would be otherwise.

Edit: oops, double post, sorry.

Farming aghs on alch is ok but you should only get them when needed. Some aghs are more powerful than others, and some heroes can farm more or less.
If you farm them too early you're useless as fuck in fights so it's a waste
Some aghs are just not worth it to get early for your supports because they don't add too much to what they can do. Also if a support can find the farm to make it himself, then better to get items for yourself

imo these are the only aghs worth getting "early" (ie after you got yourself a few items) :
(tiny) (depends on your team, and how he can farm)
omni
treant
NS if support
luna (aghs is pretty good now but she desperately needs some other items too)
chen
ogre
WD
warlock
AA

Other aghs are not worth it early (either shit, or good but not good enough to sacrifice your farm, or they can farm it themselves if they really need)

tldr : if sand king asks you for an aghs at 25 minutes tell him to go fuck himself

Hylian7

Kinda. Mostly wanted to check out new items. My team probably would have won without me anyway, to be honest.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1438438448

Yeah, the game does look kind of stompy in nature. You did also have Ursa on your team.
wink.gif

I'm curious how people will make use out of Aghs Alch in the next few days.

I played this game last night: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1436046726

The Alch spent all game farming Aghs for his teammates. He bought it for Tiny, Zeus, and Timbersaw, and I think he bought for ES too but I can't remember. Anyway look at Alch's items, and they still lost here.

Burrow Nyx is fun, too bad the game was over before I could do something meaningful. Seems great for base defense or rosh, basically any objective you want to defend. If you don't keep him in check he'll wreck.

Yeah, the game does look kind of stompy in nature. You did also have Ursa on your team.
wink.gif

The Alch spent all game farming Aghs for his teammates. He bought it for Tiny, Zeus, and Timbersaw, and I think he bought for ES too but I can't remember. Anyway look at Alch's items, and they still lost here.
tiny went for a trashy as fuck build
zeus has almost nothing
alch has nothing so it's 4v5
No surprise they lost, aghs don't win games

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Based on what I've read my predictions are...

Team Tinker, Evil Geniuses
Invictus Gaming, Vici Gaming
Team Malaysia, MVP Phoenix
Team Secret, Cloud 9, Evil Empire, Virtus Pro

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
wink.gif

Was that the one you blinked into the team and got ulted by Zeus?

First time I've bought a compendium since I started playing closed beta.

My soul is stained ;_;.

NS got a new portrait

With this and the immortal particles, I'm wondering if he'll get an update. Generally the portraits for updated heroes accidentally release a week or so before the update does, or at least it was the case several times in the past.

Did they fix his dumb no wing bug that re-surged recently? Makes him look so weird without his wings at night.

I think the only nerf to Undying was him not removing TA shield immediately.

Unless I'm mistaken.
there are a couple other things with that interaction as well

and you can't heal the tombstone which few even knew about and fewer even did

but yeah pretty small things in the big picture

Red UFO

Just played against a Pudge using the flesh ripper hook, when he threw it, it flailed about all over the place, i.e. making it super hard to dodge (the hit box was still the same, just hard to tell where it was actually going).

Still won though gg ez mid pudge
horse.gif

Also, level 25 deafening blast is fucking sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom