• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

So for 25 euros, you get level to 50 and have 4/2/1 treasures of the respective kind.

And for 50 additional euros, you get to level 180 and have 8 treasures of each kind, plus the Enigma goldhole.

P10Kcau.jpg

And what does that mean? The first two treasures have 8 items, but the last one has 9, so to get everything, one would have to either get to level 210 or buy the missing rare immortal (treasure III) on the market.

Well it's more like each treasure has 6 but the third has 7. "bonus items" don't really count since you can't be sure you'll get them anyway

Acinixys

What exactly is the problem with the pet?

Reddit is whining like the children they are again

HOWEVER

I do 1000% agree that there should be options for turning cosmetics on and off

- NONE

- ME ONLY

- EVERYONE

This needs to be implemented soon. Especially since the pro scene is still growing at a massive rate. Forcing all hats off in tournament games would be a really nice addition imo

(aka watch on Twitch - no hats, buy a ticket and watch in client - your choice)

ashot_sven.gif

All cosmetics: No, this can't ever happen and won't happen
Custom particles/Pets/animations: This could potentially happen with enough outcry

There will never be a no cosmetics option, ever, in Dota 2. It's not going to happen and anyone who realistically wants any sort of control over the visual clutter of Dota should avoid even bringing it into the argument.

kionedrik

This is going to sound noob as hell but I don't care.

I bought the compendium (1st time I bought something for dota but I felt i owed something in return after 2k hours played) and I have the following question:
- How do you earn points?
- What's the use of coins besides buying items or sets?
- That prediction charm is gone forever if I fail 2 predictions correct?

Man, I really have some rough games atm. I play pretty well every time as Tusk/Weaver but alway get complete idiots as teammates.
Minute 23 Force Staff first item SF mid
Alch who does nothing
Techies who goes 0 7
etc.

:(

Acinixys

There will never be a no cosmetics option, ever, in Dota 2.

While I can agree that in normal pubs it wont be implemented (the entire games income is based on hats), in major tournament games (TI/Dreamleague/The Summit/Starladder) items should be turned off

It makes the scene more uniform and professional

I know it will never happen cause hats are serious business to Valve, but it would be nice

bts_watermelon.gif

While I can agree that in normal pubs it wont be implemented (the entire games income is based on hats), in major tournament games (TI/Dreamleague/The Summit/Starladder) items should be turned off

It makes the scene more uniform and professional

I know it will never happen cause hats are serious business to Valve, but it would be nice

bts_watermelon.gif

Any set/item that big time players use become popular. Look at Dendi's dragon claw hook and how iconic that became as associated with him.

I wonder how long before they start selling Winter, Diretide and New Bloom map skins.

I'd get the Winter one.

Also more proof PL is just Son Wukong, here's some new concept art
wvosmg.png

Also how can they make this awesome concept art and then end up with a big green watermelon with solid colored tentacle things rising up?
lqzrlu.png

This Tide art is amazing. Those ravages look great and I love Tide with that scaley cape and the seaweed crusted anchor.

Acinixys

Also how can they make this awesome concept art and then end up with a big green watermelon with solid colored tentacle things rising up?

This Tide art is amazing. Those ravages look great and I love Tide with that scaley cape and the seaweed crusted anchor.

I guess they have to worry about stuff like making each hero unique enough to stand out and be instantly recognizable as well as sticking to texture size limits

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
It strikes me as a little strange that Valve upped the ante so much on the stretch goals (monetarily) and yet their base prize pool didn't increase at all.

Acinixys

Treelephant is still the best

It strikes me as a little strange that Valve upped the ante so much on the stretch goals (monetarily) and yet their base prize pool didn't increase at all.

To be fair i can only imagine how insanely expensive organizing a TI is

Flights and accommodation for 100+ people plus the rental of the arena + all the sound and lighting shit

Must be in the millions

I have a hard time seeing this hitting 15 million. The battle booster was huge last year, there's nothing to really replace that, coins don't seem particularly interesting, especially for people who spend more money on Dota, but don't have a lot of time to do challenges (like me).

Compendium challenges encourage people to do dumb shit (more so than usual).

Deny 2 towers = don't bother defending, just let creeps take the tower so you can deny.

Acinixys

TI isn't until August. I think the prize pool will hit 20 mil.

Yeah

They know their audience

The earlier the compendium releases the faster and larger the pool grows

Im sure Matt will update his site with the prizepool tracker if he hasnt already

EDIT: Its up

Valves side must be bugging out cause its flatlined for the last 5 hours

kvk1

i mean, i found out the compendium was released in the metro on my way to work

i rushed to my office computer like a maniac to log in and buy the thing

the guy already here saw the state of me and was like "turning in something on a deadline eh?"

cBj1LTf.png

it's not like they're in limited quantities

i'm a grown ass man

cBj1LTf.png

i mean, i found out the compendium was released in the metro on my way to work

Hey, me too.

Although I can't look at it at work because they block most gaming related sites.

Do you get anything from the more expensive compendium that you wouldn't otherwise by leveling up?

kvk1

Although I can't look at it at work because they block most gaming related sites.

That sucks dude.

I feel lucky to work in an office where the IT people aren't complete psychos about blocking everything...not least because I'm pretty sure they're engaging in the same shenanigans.

Also, most of the time I bring in my laptop anyway, and just do everything through the Steam client.

I hope the data starts flowing again soon, I want to put together neato comparisons with last year's data.

http://dota2.prizetrac.kr/international2015 - I added stretch goal tracking, the hourly graph is running and more comparison data will come tomorrow.

sWmLG3b.png

lqzrlu.png

gyBzMmV.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom