• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeknurn

EU West just shit itself.

Just great, I stopped playing several months ago when the servers were completely broken and in the first game that I play, the server gives up. Some things never change.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Right now its drops or paying.

Before I recall getting 25 points for winning with x hero? and doing other challenges. But this one, challenges only get you coins, not points.

Did they get rid of player cards? Or did that get added later last time?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I got to keep my money
RJVFI6H.gif

Did they get rid of player cards? Or did that get added later last time?

I would guess later, we don't even know who is playing yet.

Carlius

Banned
god nothing, NOTHING pisses me off the most than having shit ass SHORT game meta. all games, no more than 35 mins, its really annoying.

god nothing, NOTHING pisses me off the most than having shit ass SHORT game meta. all games, no more than 35 mins, its really annoying.

Since 6.84 started I haven't had anything but stomps on either side.

I'm not sure if it's a snowball heavy meta or just because nobody is quite experienced yet. It also didn't help I couldn't buy any of the new items last night due to a glitch.

Hylian7

35 minutes isn't terrible, however when you talk <25 minute games are a NORMAL occurence, I really start to get frustrated with it, as it just eliminates a good chunk of the hero pool from viability.

I had a back and forth 60 min game last night.

Patch doesn't seem to have changed that much, but of course it will be simplified and pigeonholed into x or y meta.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I had a back and forth 60 min game last night.

Patch doesn't seem to have changed that much, but of course it will be simplified and pigeonholed into x or y meta.

no bro i have the entire metagame figured out after 2 hours of pubs fuk u steve

I for one am glad that the team that wins most of their lanes, takes all the outer towers (objective gaming boys!), farms both jungles, and establishes complete map control for 15-20 minutes can now reliably end the game around the 30-40 minute mark, and no longer has to worry about a 1 hour+ prolonged 6.83 siege where one or two bad fights effectively negates the previous 45 minutes of game time.

Satch

Banned
35 minute games are great, fuck that 60 minutes of ebola meta

edit: ugh yas anbokr explains exactly how i feel ^^^^^^^^^^

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
35 minute games are great, fuck that 60 minutes of ebola meta

says who

I'm just saying my anecdotal evidence of like 3 games is different than your anecdotal evidence in the first hours where no one knows what's going on

I've played for quite a few hours now, and I've had a couple of very close 50+ minute games, a couple of 20 minute stomps, and a couple of quality 35-40 minute games. Patch is great.

MikeDown

Banned
question about the compendium challenges, when healing yourself & teammates for a total of 3000 health, how does that work? Does it count per spell or is it total points healed throughout the match?

35-40 is perfect for me, 50 min+ is fun once in a while but I don't need that shit in my life every game. Sure it's a bummer when you're winning too hard to be able to use your cool items but I'll gladly take that trade-off(and it's not like that didn't happen before).

sixghost

The difference is that 6.83 made games go 60 minutes regardless of how close they were because teams were scared shitless of wiping while pushing highground, not because they were close. If a game is a blowout, it should end in 30 minutes or less. Watching teams kill all the outer towers in 25 minutes, then do nothing but farm for another 35 was an awful viewing experience.

DrPizza

Banned
35 minutes isn't terrible, however when you talk <25 minute games are a NORMAL occurence, I really start to get frustrated with it, as it just eliminates a good chunk of the hero pool from viability.

Plus it makes the queue/play balance shitty. If I'm going to spend 5 minutes queuing, I want to play for an hour.

Carlius

Banned
The difference is that 6.83 made games go 60 minutes because teams were scared shitless of wiping while pushing highground, not because they were close. If a game is a blowout, it should end in 30 minutes or less.

i guess to each their own. but i love 60 minute games, makes the game tense and worth playing.

Sianos

I prefer longer games too with more back and forth teamfights and sick agricultural action. So far my two games were around 45 minutes each, both moderate comebacks from around 10k deficits in exp (although the win peaked at 40k in our favor after an initially rough early game, so that seems more like coming online than coming back).

I'm happy with occasional shorter games, but when deathball becomes the norm and you end up with TI4 finals games more often than not it gets a bit stagnant - although people hated 6.83 meta which I mostly enjoyed so it is a preference thing.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
i guess to each their own. but i love 60 minute games, makes the game tense and worth playing.

And that's the beauty of dota, you can still very much get 60+ minute games. I've already had a few. But like sixghost said, blowouts are going to end earlier, as they should. Legit close games will continue to drag on past 40 minutes.

Last patch we basically had artificially forced long games where one team can completely dominate, farm both jungles, take all outer towers, win the laning stage, and yet still have to spend 30-40 minutes farming up in order to go high ground. Then one bad high ground fight and all that time invested in building a lead started to crumble... FAST.

Sianos

Nerfing comeback mechanics makes me very happy though, one bad fight shouldn't negate my advantage from 25 minutes of successful horiculture.

Patch seems like it has potential to be fun and varied in terms of successful drafts.

ViviOggi

no bro i have the entire metagame figured out after 2 hours of pubs fuk u steve

I for one am glad that the team that wins most of their lanes, takes all the outer towers (objective gaming boys!), farms both jungles, and establishes complete map control for 15-20 minutes can now reliably end the game around the 30-40 minute mark, and no longer has to worry about a 1 hour+ prolonged 6.83 siege where one or two bad fights effectively negates the previous 45 minutes of game time.
Yup played a game where our 25k+ ahead team pulled about ten idiotic throws over 15 minutes, each of which gamebreaking in 6.83, and the game ultimately was decided by a hyper clutch ancient race

G.ZZZ

Cm is broken boys! First 2 games on CM 2 losses EleGiggle

Went Sky as i usually do as a support and got Bloodstone, ATos, Force Staff, and a Mystic Staff. Went Godlike in 35 mins. Well played!
cBj1LTf.png

Also Ebola really seems sufferable now. Removing his killing power at 3-4 made a difference finally. Still too strong, but not as rage inducing.

Also my first 5 games were all over 40 min and one at 34 mins. So not really stompy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom