• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I have no sympathy for anybody that complains about a lost game of Dota if there was no Necro picked in the game. You had your chance to win that game but you fucked up at hero selection. Please try better next time instead of blaming your team like a puke.

I have no sympathy for anybody that complains about a lost game of Dota if there was no Necro picked in the game. You had your chance to win that game but you fucked up at hero selection. Please try better next time instead of blaming your team like a puke.

i felt that salt waaaaay over here

TUSR

Banned

i just played a lina game with a necro on my team

we both had aghs and were going around blasting kids

ez game

Acinixys

Haha, see you nerds later, I'm going to play the superior moba-action-brawler-rpg

9m9JmcC.png

Enjoy the inferior MOBA while you can

Ive played about 4 hours and have given up on it already

Way to casual and fun

I need the hatred and incessant ping spamming that only Dota 2 players can provide to have fun

Looks like I'm giving up Dota 2 for the Valve game with far superior cosmetics http://csgostash.com/music/13/Hotline-Miami-Various-Artists

Glorious

Necro gets decimated by Sniper. And good luck finding a pub without a Sniper these days.

bounchfx

Looks like I'm giving up Dota 2 for the Valve game with far superior cosmetics http://csgostash.com/music/13/Hotline-Miami-Various-Artists

I found out that they had a music thing like two days ago and bought a couple. It's awesome. I REALLY want the Hotline Miami one but cant really justify 9 bucks... I don't play that much. I wish Dota had as much selection. Hopefully over the course of the year we get a lot more. There was a metal one, I'm surprised that wasn't put in.

G.ZZZ

"I'm actually having an aneurysm here."

I actually prefer the new headshot when laning against melee heroes. I think it's a lot stronger for counter-ganks // assisting ganks than the channel is. It's not as good against ranged mids as it's a lot harder to trade with them when you can't interrupt their attacks. Not that it matters, in conjunction with his new shrapnel, Sniper's laning is now ridiculously strong.

DsrA6Kc.gif

Go back to WoW plz

Falk

that puzzling face
CS:Go's Music Pack implementation is so much more fleshed out then Dota's. I didn't even know it was a thing.

I found out that they had a music thing like two days ago and bought a couple. It's awesome. I REALLY want the Hotline Miami one but cant really justify 9 bucks... I don't play that much. I wish Dota had as much selection. Hopefully over the course of the year we get a lot more. There was a metal one, I'm surprised that wasn't put in.

Been talking to Valve about this. We've got some plans.

Dota has way more music to put together than CS:GO per pack, and just due to the aesthetic lends itself perhaps to fewer styles of music (although it'd take an adventurous soul or two to break the mold)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
playing mid lina, trying my best, getting a few ganks off

then centaur calls me an idiot in czech and says i'm just playing for myself trying to killsteal

like, if you have a problem with me trying to win i can always, you know, stop trying

Shinypogs

I did the thing! I successfully blinked+ called and then killed the enemy. I will never play axe again though, I was a nervous wreck the whole game. Something about playing him just doesn't work well for me.

52club

I've been playing a fairly good jungle axe, but about every other game I get people flaming me for not going straight from tranquils to blink. I'm playing exclusively in solo q unranked, which leads to very unpredictable player behavior. In contrast I think on the pro level an early blink makes a ton of sense when your team is more coordinated. I'm in the high skill level in most games just for a little more context.

Wok

Three Agha Scythes in a row.

No buyback.

Year Beast.

I am secretely hoping for an Aghanim Scythe Rampage in Year Beast mode. With the beast speed aura level 3, the spell is like a ranged culling blade with a bonus hp and mana regen.

I've been playing a fairly good jungle axe, but about every other game I get people flaming me for not going straight from tranquils to blink.

I can't really think of an item outside of blink dagger that axe needs after boots.

What are you building instead?

If you're having a strong early game getting an early Vanguard on Axe is a decent alternative to Blink.

But while Vanguard can sometimes be a bad idea, I don't think you can ever go wrong with Blink.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My strategy for this mode has to get so mad at my team that I buy enough points to do everything on my own in the early game + can get level 3 speed aura.

domstah

Next Year beast i'm hoping that if i go solo, I will go against people who don't have points and don't pick
1JTivVA.gif
, Warlock,
cry.gif
or
highfive.gif

Also I'm going to queue on Peruvian Severs to avoid an upgraded beast.

That should get me the last win I need, right guys?!?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Next Year beast i'm hoping that if i go solo, I will go against people who don't have points and don't pick
1JTivVA.gif
, Warlock,
cry.gif
or
highfive.gif

Also I'm going to queue on Peruvian Severs to avoid an upgraded beast.

That should get me the last win I need, right guys?!?

Daily bonus is 7200, so you will likely run into a bunch of Level 2 beasts, and even the level 2 abilities make the beast formidable. Be like me and buy 12k points from the market for ~$12.

Shinypogs

Do you need to to buy the level 2 upgrade to be able to do level 3 or does it not matter as long as someone who picked the same path does it?

i just played a lina game with a necro on my team

we both had aghs and were going around blasting kids

ez game

my last game our team had

- refresher ravage, shivas & sheep
- refresher laguna blade
- refresher blackhole
- refresher Spectre radiance ult

there was absolutely no fun allowed for the other team.

harSon

Banned
Yeah, I've read about those, and other stuff like the Void demon.

http://eurobattle.net/threads/96299-The-worst-imbalances-in-dota-history

This was a really good writeup of a bunch of old heroes that were retired/completely reworked into how we know them today. It's all very fascinating stuff.

Old Dota was something else looking back. I remember it used to be Sentinel (Radient) versus Scourge (Dire), in terms of what heroes you could pick at a given time, which had huge implications since Scourge was so ridiculously stacked in comparison - both in terms of hero selection and map layout. And you could straight up purchase other people items, which would happen once a person was six slotted. You could purchase Aegis, which was an actual item, and it came with three charges - which had huge implications considering Divine Rapier :p And carriers had mana and skills (invulnerability), so you could do outlandish stuff like a flock of immune couriers with Dagons.

Used to be a lot of fun though. There used to be trees alongside the border of the entire map - all interconnected - so you could do stuff like tunnel behind the enemy's fountain and infinitely kill them with Pudge right when they spawn. And the amount of crevices in the map to trap people was mind boggling.

Hylian7

Old Dota was something else looking back. I remember it used to be Sentinel (Radient) versus Scourge (Dire), in terms of what heroes you could pick at a given time, which had huge implications since Scourge was so ridiculously stacked in comparison - both in terms of hero selection and map layout. And you could straight up purchase other people items, which would happen once a person was six slotted. You could purchase Aegis, which was an actual item, and it came with three charges - which had huge implications considering Divine Rapier :p And carriers had mana and skills (invulnerability), so you could do outlandish stuff like a flock of immune couriers with Dagons.

Used to be a lot of fun though. There used to be trees alongside the border of the entire map - all interconnected - so you could do stuff like tunnel behind the enemy's fountain and infinitely kill them with Pudge right when they spawn. And the amount of crevices in the map to trap people was mind boggling.

Yep, I remember in a match I played in Dota 1 once for funzies, there is apparently still a bug to this day with Pudge where you can hook where someone died as they respawn and get them. I died on the opposite side of the map, spawned, and was immediately hooked to Pudge and dismembered and killed again.

Also here's a few super-interesting old dota vids:

Old Invoker
huh.gif

Old KotL
sleeping.gif

Old Nyx/Nerubian Assassin
Old Visage
Dota History: Anti-Mage (with a 2-second Blink CD)
laugh.gif

Also, I remember the courier invulnerability shield was in Dota 2 very briefly, basically from the beta period of TI1 (2011) to December 2011 it was there before the courier was reworked, and the shield was taken away, and the respawn system was added. Of course, this also meant that before the respawn system, couriers dying with huge items on them meant a lot more as they items just fell off.

All I see here is the perils that come with not drafting a sufficient number of reliable disablers against a team with a Weaver and an obnoxious NP.

Itemization wins and loses most games that go longer than 45 minutes. This one appears no different. If between Pudge, Clock, Spirit Breaker and Veno you guys could have come up with 2 sheep sticks in 71 minutes of play, maybe that becomes a win. I'm surprised a Sniper would be allowed to get that loose on your team with an SB, PA and Pudge on your side. Their CC isn't *that* good.

inkls

All I see here is the perils that come with not drafting a sufficient number of reliable disablers against a team with a Weaver and an obnoxious NP.

Itemization wins and loses most games that go longer than 45 minutes. This one appears no different. If between Pudge, Clock, Spirit Breaker and Veno you guys could have come up with 2 sheep sticks in 71 minutes of play, maybe that becomes a win. I'm surprised a Sniper would be allowed to get that loose on your team with an SB, PA and Pudge on your side. Their CC isn't *that* good.

also the perils of ignoring towers based on tower damage. looks like the creeps did most of the work for the radiant

They also had one of the best late heroes in the game: Elder Tintin

Hylian7

also the perils of ignoring towers based on tower damage. looks like the creeps did most of the work for the radiant

This was the real issue. The game absolutely did not have to go on that late, team was just too hung up on chasing kills. I'm like "Hey guys lets get some towers", and nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom