• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

domstah

Had the most frustrating hour long year beast game yet. Win a Chen set. :[

At least you won.

cry.gif

Also diffusal blade vs. Warlock Golem is BULLSHIT. That's all I have to say about that.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
isnt chronosphere too anti-fun ?

They fixed it by combining it with Naga Ult so it's just an AoE "wait a few seconds before you can have fun again" spell. Not actually anti-fun.

Although HOTS already has this:

(R) Void Prison
100 Mana
Heroic Ability
Cooldown: 100 seconds

Trap ALL targets for 5 seconds, making them become invulnerable. You are not affected.

Acinixys

Guys please all email Ice Frog and tell him to buff Alchemist

Hero is so shit

First time I played him in almost 3 months and he is bleh

Shit at farming, shit at fighting. Only won the linked match because the enemy's brew AFKd for 5 minutes with no explanation

Alch needs his 700 HP while in ulti form back

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Riot has gotten a lot better with champions having fun/meaningful abilities and deserves some credit. For a while every champion had almost the exact same skillset.

If every champ doesn't have the same skillset, it's Pay 2 Win. So lose/lose

Guys please all email Ice Frog and tell him to buff Alchemist

Hero is so shit

First time I played him in almost 3 months and he is bleh

Shit at farming, shit at fighting. Only won the linked match because the enemy's brew AFKd for 5 minutes with no explanation

Alch needs his 700 HP while in ulti form back
Yeah the good old days when Alchemist got picked every single match.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I know how Valve absorbs the cost of the TI prize pool, but is the scene really so big and profitable now that other people can now start throwing around millions?

Or are we getting like a dozen chests full of high quality hats we can buy a compendium for?

KingKong

I know how Valve absorbs the cost of the TI prize pool, but is the scene really so big and profitable now that other people can now start throwing around millions?

Or are we getting like a dozen chests full of high quality hats we can buy a compendium for?

ESL is putting up their own 250k for a CS:GO tournament that will take place in a pretty sweet hockey arena so I'd say ESL's got the money/sponsors for it

Turtle Entertainment is a huge company, they have a ton of employees and a huge HQ in Cologne. If anyone can do it, it is these guys.

This move is basically to secure the best teams in June, the month that MLG and DH are trying to contest with their tournaments.

DH are so late to the party and way to close to Frankfurt dates, I doubt they will secure any teams.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Play my first game since beta and the other team has a Naga smurf so we lose, fun fun. Shit like that doesn't encourage new players to keep playing.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
your first ~100 games will be filled to the brim with smurfs

"I'm just practicing"

have fun!

:/

I take comfort in the knowledge they get smashed in their own bracket and probably just lost a game so they had to relog and take it out on some new players. It's pretty damn pathetic really.

bbd23

rofl so dreamhack is going to be awful again this year?

good stuff good stuff

will ESL actually have successful bundle this year?

FACE

Banned
What's up with the Peruvians and dota during the day? It's absolutely nuts.

Is it not possible for this combination to exist?

South American
Intelligent
Plays Dota 2

Let me know if you find such a creature.

I second this question, I don't need Rosetta Stone anymore after playing DOTA during daylight hours.

Is today "make a racist shitpost" day or something? Get the fuck outta here with this nonsense.

JambiBum

Matt, (and anyone else really) do you think that you guys would be interested in a Dota 2 Championship series ala League? Obviously the current system would need changed with the sponsors and such, but I think that if it was set up like college football with a bowl type system it would work out. Pay the teams to play in the league throughout the year and schedule sponsor championships throughout it. The top 16(however many teams TI needs) throughout the season would qualify for TI.

G.ZZZ

Is it not possible for this combination to exist?

South American
Intelligent
Plays Dota 2

Let me know if you find such a creature.

I found some. On the other hand, i think i still haven't found an Italian intelligent dota2 player. If you find one let me know.

#freethacker

idk, I've played with tons of peruvians who are better than me and are totally great in lane and who have a great sense of timing/positioning/teamwork and are on the whole much less annoying than the whiny dudes who are 1/7/1 on void who keep calling you a fag because you didn't rush in to save them after they got kited into fog that one time

it's almost like they're normal people, but I could be wrong

Silencer is a total mess in YB; I'm glad the team wanted me to be him

silences ruin that mode

Matt, (and anyone else really) do you think that you guys would be interested in a Dota 2 Championship series ala League? Obviously the current system would need changed with the sponsors and such, but I think that if it was set up like college football with a bowl type system it would work out. Pay the teams to play in the league throughout the year and schedule sponsor championships throughout it. The top 16(however many teams TI needs) throughout the season would qualify for TI.
I don't think we need to go down that route. I still feel like the current system will sort itself out and we will see a proper tier of tournaments emerge with the big teams only attending top events like DAC, Nexon, TI, ESL, BTS etc.

JambiBum

I don't think we need to go down that route. I still feel like the current system will sort itself out and we will see a proper tier of tournaments emerge with the big teams only attending top events like DAC, Nexon, TI, ESL, BTS etc.
That's basically how it goes now isn't it? Top teams only attend the bigger tournies for the most part. I think that besides some sort of player union the biggest issues seem to be scheduling and mismanaged tournaments. You get tournies competing for players' time, where if there was a governing body set up that could schedule the separate tournies at the same time every year you wouldn't have that issue.

J2d

I'm such a noob, I didn't know that you had to stand in front of bristle back with the necro ult until someone told me, we lost badly.

Played a YB game where four of my teammates was in a party and immediately started getting nervous thinking that they probably ran a tight ship with good strats etc, one of them randoms lion and a kunka seemed to go for rapier immediately after boots, lost that one too.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
at sub-2k mmr i think i should just be spam picking carries like sniper, jugg, troll, void, etc.

there is literally no point in trying to balance the picks of your teammates with supports etc., since there is no player skill to coordinate properly to take down an all-carry team before they can farm their way to victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom