• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
384arGh.png

UMZSVYY.png

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1272072708

horse-4e116484b1a369cf66991219d2a23522.gif

Chris R

Fucking hell, of course they last pick techies after I grab a non-support. Zero sentries all fucking game

edit: also, brown boots tree into a 32 min aghs. fuck my life

Mordeccai

good god. the drop in team mate quality is extremely noticeable when ever I que with my RL buddy. He's about 2.2k and hasnt played ranked in a long, long time so I think his hidden mmr is actually a bit lower. I sit at ranked 3k, which is still shit, but lately dotabuff has placed me in very high skill bracket, which I think is 3.5k plus?

Anyway all pick is complete shit at this level. I go troll and my friend goes wyvern, then the last 3 are pudge sniper and sky who all fight for mid. There is nobody in the offlane for the first 6 minutes as they all bitch and dance around mid. I buy all the sentries for mirana ulti. My friend is just stock piling observers, he had 6 in his inventory at one point, and when asked why the fuck he hadnt placed them he said he didnt want to put them down because the slark was just going to deward them.

I give up i'm gonig to bed

JC Sera

is fighting for mid really that common on US servers? Like I'm potato tier here (probs 2-2.5k hidden mmr) but I never really get that in my games

also we get the problem everyone picks supports instead of carries

dac15_sad.gif

Tonza

In general, I am not a fan of the hamburger menus you see everywhere.
It usually hides the main functions of an application/service behind an extra click.

On mobile it kind of makes sense as the space is limited.

is fighting for mid really that common on US servers? Like I'm potato tier here (probs 2-2.5k hidden mmr) but I never really get that in my games

also we get the problem everyone picks supports instead of carries

dac15_sad.gif

That happens in higher mmr too sometimes and it pisses me the fuck off because I already picked a damn support and we dont need 2 more that don't know what they are doing and buy wards then just leave then in their stupid inventory or place them in the same stupid spot over and over again then dont even buy dust or sentreisvsinvisheroes bdjkdxijdjdndjsj $#%!!!SwiftRage

Shinypogs

At this point I find it more efficient to not upgrade the beast and just save my points so we always have access to the most important spells.

Will we have a separate thread for set trading once the event ends or just continue as we were earlier?

JC Sera

That happens in higher mmr too sometimes and it pisses me the fuck off because I already picked a damn support and we dont need 2 more that don't know what they are doing and buy wards then just leave then in their stupid inventory or place them in the same stupid spot over and over again then dont even buy dust or sentreisvsinvisheroes bdjkdxijdjdndjsj $#%!!!SwiftRage
I've had moments before where I say "we need carry" and someone goes "sure"

and then picks silencer...
grave.gif

Need some opinions please.
88EGmCc.gif

I'm due to rewrite the back end of the prize pool tracking site in the near future to make things easier for me and I'm considering redoing the front end as well.

I could really use some ideas of how the ticket pages themselves should be structured instead of the current table layout.

UI design isn't my forte, do you think I should continue with this new framework?
Its nice and clean and gets the job done. Looking good
highfive.gif

I don't know how relevant this is but googling for your tracker site it doesn't really come up, the same with a search for "tournament name here prize pool" and I've had to search for links in this thread's predecessors instead.
disapprove.gif

Like its just a mind irritation and it may just be google customizing to my search(?) and you probably can't do much about it with out paying google lotsa money, just bringing it up as a tangent.

I don't know how relevant this is but googling for your tracker site it doesn't really come up, the same with a search for "tournament name here prize pool" and I've had to search for links in this thread's predecessors instead.
disapprove.gif

Like its just a mind irritation and it may just be google customizing to my search(?) and you probably can't do much about it with out paying google lotsa money, just bringing it up as a tangent.
It's one of the issues that will be addressed when I redo the backend.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I wouldn't dim the rest of the page when you open the navigation, have it default to show and have a small arrow to hide it. No need to have a button taking up space.

J2d

At this point I find it more efficient to not upgrade the beast and just save my points so we always have access to the most important spells.

Will we have a separate thread for set trading once the event ends or just continue as we were earlier?
There's this one, I'll post my sets there and here when YB is over.

Madouu

Silencer can be a scary carry, his main issue is mobility, you don't want him as your main carry vs high mobility enemy heroes that will split push you to death very early on or low cooldowns lineups that can take fights while your silence and eventually refresher are down.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Dota is boring

Play Hand of Fate guys

Its fun and doesn't have internationals in it, so the game isnt ruined

Hmm I was going to buy Hand of Fate but then at the last second bought Crypt of the NecroDancer.

I am still unsure if I made the right choice, but I love NecroDancer.

JC Sera

What? Since when?
Aus servers
At my tier any way
like I can count the times I've been in games where everyone has picked carry on my hand
might be because I mainly go support, and if there is 4 carries I am a support
while times where everyone has picked support is a semi-regular occurrence

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I really wish you could see hero names instead of player names on the health bars, it would help us noobs. Seeing "Tiny" instead of "xxnonkiller" would be really helpful.

Kade

I really wish you could see hero names instead of player names on the health bars, it would help us noobs. Seeing "Tiny" instead of "xxnonkiller" would be really helpful.

Maybe have it fade in and out of both names at a two second interval or something. Not a feature I need but it would be nice for those who do.

Here is an idea : what if when you toggle off armlet you lose str gradually just like the way you gain it when its toggled on?

#BuffLifeStealer

Armlet needs a rework or some big buff, it's pretty shitty right now. It has good buildup (with shit items tho, except the helm), but for its price it doesn't have enough of an impact early and is a wasted slot late game

Nymerio

Maybe have it fade in and out of both names at a two second interval or something. Not a feature I need but it would be nice for those who do.

Thinking about it made me realise that I can't recall if I ever saw anyone use a nickname to talk to another person. Usually players are referred to as the hero they're playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom