• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Some day I am going to use my 3DS for something. Maybe.

Haunted

Black^ interview: http://www.liquiddota.com/forum/dota-2-general/478904-back-in-black
LMC4CTs.jpg
good interview. Hope he finds a new team soon.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
use it to play bravely default 4 times

Kinda over JRPGs. I was thinking about that Zelda that's like the SNES one. I don't really like Zelda but I liked those old ones on SNES and GameBoy that are top down.

Madouu

A link between worlds is the best game I've played in 2013, the only real complaint I hear often about it is that some find it a bit too simple, but that comes mostly from people that play a lot of Zelda games, I think most other people found it excellent.

Monster Hunter is great and would probably be a great fit for most dota players, it's a difficult game that rewards skill first and foremost, there's a great feeling of accomplishment when you are able to conquer monsters at least ten times your size which you have struggled immensely against 5 hours before, and then just when you think you are good at the game, another wall comes in that hits you even harder and you realize how much you still have to improve. I think we've got a bunch of hunters in this thread too that have been fiending the game and will vouch for this (ultrabum, demoli etc.)

And for bfury antimage, if you are skipping treads like I've seen suggested, I think the timing you should aim for is less than 12 minutes in a good lane. 15-16 minutes is still good enough in most pubs but it's not what your objective should be if you want to keep improving.

ive always wondered with equal farm, if its faster to go treads->BF or BF->treads on AM

gut feeling is that treads gives slightly more through treads swapping but if you are just static farming a lane for 10 minutes, maybe bfury first is the better choice.

Acinixys

I'd consider anything below 16 minutes to be pretty decent. You will have games where that seems like an impossibility though.

I really feel that if you cant get a BF in under 20 minutes then a better build up is Treads - Valds - Yasha - Manta. Maybe throw an urn in if you are very actively farming and fighting

If you have real free farm as in offlaner is zoned out and ganks are absent or avoided, you should get BF at or before 15 easily. It's really hard to miss last hits with a QB too, apart from those damn siege creeps under towers of course

acinixys : what the hell ? sure with that buildup you can have vlads + manta a bit earlier but then your farming is way slower. Early manta+vlads is good but it quickly becomes obsolete, AM is not really a super late game carry that wrecks shit with 6 slots, you're supposed to get the 6 slots early to split push and then commit to a fight if needed

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
3-0 with Sniper in YB, gotta carry those games with farm and being an annoying little bastard.

What a dumb hero. Finally done for 10 wins.

Mohasus

Opened the new box, fuckin kotl set. Welp.

Also, what time should I be looking at for a safe lane battlefury on Antimage? And with blink I'm guessing it's ok to skip boots if farming is going good?

9-11 minutes if you are free farming.

I think Anti-Mage has to have some kind of fall back build if the game develops in a way that you suddenly don't want to show on a lane anywhere, or even be farming alone at all.

At least with a vlads you can farm the jungle without losing health. You see a lot of pub anti-mage games where everything goes to shit around 10 mins, you lose the safe lane tower and then he's trying to farm the jungle at half health with only brown boots, RoH and claymore, and then a bounty or someone rocks up and two shots him and the game is 100% over.

I think Anti-Mage has to have some kind of fall back build if the game develops in a way that you suddenly don't want to show on a lane anywhere, or even be farming alone at all.

At least with a vlads you can farm the jungle without losing health. You see a lot of pub anti-mage games where everything goes to shit around 10 mins, you lose the safe lane tower and then he's trying to farm the jungle at half health with only brown boots, RoH and claymore, and then a bounty or someone rocks up and two shots him and the game is 100% over.

That's why you pick supports that can protect anti mage while he farms his bf
Of course there are counterpicks and such but in pubs ? Not that often

And yeah if the game goes to shit it seems stupid to aim for a battlefury at 35, that's a game losing decision. Vlads yasha has better buildup and is better for a straightup fight that may allow you to bounce back afterwards

kard : bristle is really squishy before he gets levels. get spammy supports to spam his ass out of the lane. thinking of heroes like SWM

Acinixys

what the hell ? sure with that buildup you can have vlads + manta a bit earlier but then your farming is way slower. Early manta+vlads is good but it quickly becomes obsolete, AM is not really a super late game carry that wrecks shit with 6 slots, you're supposed to get the 6 slots early to split push and then commit to a fight if needed

Dont knock it till you try it

Night_Hand

Neo Member
Also, what time should I be looking at for a safe lane battlefury on Antimage? And with blink I'm guessing it's ok to skip boots if farming is going good?

I've done the math before, if you get EVERY cs you have have brown boots, pms, quelling blade, battlefury by like 12:30 (I think.. its been a while). Possibly a little more/less depending on gold received from creeps. Also if you die it puts you back SO much. Losing gold, time on the lane, and having to buy a tp back

I have won like 3 year beasts and got 3 decent sets but two of which for heroes I dont play and 1 set which i already have which is http://dota2.gamepedia.com/The_Fiend_Cleaver

does anyone want to trade?

I got these 2 I don't want

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/The_Conquering_Tyrant_Set

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Webs_of_Perception_Set

Check my profile for my steam ID :)

I have won 30 YB games so far, have gotten 8 good looking mythicals and not a single duplicate, guess i'm pretty lucky.

Hylian7

I've done the math before, if you get EVERY cs you have have brown boots, pms, quelling blade, battlefury by like 12:30 (I think.. its been a while). Possibly a little more/less depending on gold received from creeps. Also if you die it puts you back SO much. Losing gold, time on the lane, and having to buy a tp back

From what I've learned and personal experience, I like to have 15-18 minute BFury and Treads.

I usually go Brown Boots > (PMS if I need it) > RoH > Treads > Broadsword > Void Stone if I ever get a chance by now to blink over to the enemy secret shop, and if not Claymore first.

Honestly the most important thing here is DO NOT heed your team's cries for help unless you can make an easy kill with minimal interruption to your farm without dying. This might mean that if there is a low int hero in the jungle right next to you and he has almost no mana, there's pretty much no harm in just blinking over and popping him.

Another thing, and I didn't learn this until a few months ago: Skill build

Go 1-1-1 > 2 stats > Mana Void > Max Blink

A value point in Spell Shield is plenty. I also like to get Vlads after Bfury now, because of the sustain and aid with splitpush. I would almost say you could make a case for it even if there already is a Vlads on your team because you won't be with your team very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom