• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gateway into 3k was ruined by Dagon/Battlefurry safe lane Slardar. Not even going for the redemption round after that.

EDIT: lol the weedman in that match was the actual weedman. Stream famous now.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
How could dotaTV get better? Because of that JD article I've been thinking...
D2lF5Cq.gif

perhaps have a live feed from external source added to dota2 TV. So DOTATV now acts like Twitch. Except you get in game control and extra bells an whistles.

For example:
Tournament tab now acts more like a channel with sub channels rather than a watch live game. There we get the full production of twitch inside the client, that can also load up the game when its on. A seamless transition to broadcast and game views would be the best.

In client contests and giveaways awarding hats or other cool dota2 client goodies instantly into someones armory via the client.

Being able to follow and get notified when a ticket broadcast is going live.

Having more viewer options, like when there is live replay, the casters want to look at an instant replay in the client, you get a button appearing in the client to go to that casters replay position or to just continue to watch the live game.

dac15_fantastic.gif

shira

I thought some places in the world have problems with Twitch or streaming in general
Have a few buddies who can only buy tickets and download replays.

If Dota could run on tablets and phones then it might be neat.

Kard8p3

My gateway into 3k was ruined by Dagon/Battlefurry safe lane Slardar. Not even going for the redemption round after that.

EDIT: lol the weedman in that match was the actual weedman. Stream famous now.

Weedman is fucking awful. I got matched up w/ him once and wanted to kill myself.

manfestival

I havent won a year beast in forever and I only get to play one a day. This is truly suffering

kard didnt you say this last time? stop HATING on weedman bro

Mordeccai

there is something so satsifying after winning a 70 minute game against toxic players from a deficit and right before the ancient dies

pausing

and typing EZ GAME EZ LIFE

Chris R

Hate when two on the other team abandon but your team sucks so the people that stick around for the other team have insane gold/levels on you :(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Lost an hour long beast game to a tinker / troll / my own team that walked 8 warlock golems into blink echoslam to feed / our sniper who fought with us once in 62 minutes because he was scared of getting bashed despite GA

Just give me my 10th win valve

bbd23

what the fuck have navi adn alliance done to get a direct invite to euro qualifiers while exciting teams like PR, NIP and HellRaisers need to go through all that shit

summit pls

Mohasus

what the fuck have navi adn alliance done to get a direct invite to euro qualifiers while exciting teams like PR, NIP and HellRaisers need to go through all that shit

summit pls

they won a championship called the international some years ago and made tons of fans.

Hylian7

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1275331622

Good comeback of the night.

Lots of feeds to the PA early, but we managed to drag it on long enough and pull it off. I am a bit surprised we could beat a PA with no real carry to contend with her.

Getting Hex and having double Doom certainly helps with dealing with her.

Thinking about it though the enemy itemization also helped us win it, like I was talking to Dreams about it. No Aghs on Veno or AA was a dealbreaker for them.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1275331622

Good comeback of the night.

Lots of feeds to the PA early, but we managed to drag it on long enough and pull it off. I am a bit surprised we could beat a PA with no real carry to contend with her.

Getting Hex and having double Doom certainly helps with dealing with her.

Thinking about it though the enemy itemization also helped us win it, like I was talking to Dreams about it. No Aghs on Veno or AA was a dealbreaker for them.
Your entire team has answers for their 1 carry... and you have a giant gold advantage...

Hylian7

Your entire team has answers for their 1 carry... and you have a giant gold advantage...

011gL4n.png

Certainly didn't feel that way early on, as we were getting decimated in fights quite a bit early on.

I mean this is just the first 17 minutes of the game...

zPCq8dx.png

shira

43 days till Major Allstars LAN
57 days till Dreamhack Bucharest
64 days till TI5 invites
76 days till Summit 3 LAN
107 days till Dreamhack Jonkoping
114 days till ESL Frankfurt
144 days till TI5 groupstages
163 days till TI5 grandfinals

does navi even have 5 players

I think they poached Empire.Yoky as their offlaner

bounchfx

How could dotaTV get better?

It's weird to me, because on one hand, it already is 'better' considering you have full control over what caster, player, wherever you want the camera, better fidelity, etc.

On the other hand, you need to be in freaking dota.

I agree it would be amazing if somehow the functionality of dota tv could be ported outside of the game. It's just far more convenient to watch it on twitch since it doesn't tie your pc down to doing only one thing. It's a really good question to ask.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think what Valve needs to do is integrate Steam Broadcasting into Dota 2, and then maybe also make some feature that makes it integrate with Twitch.

Chris R

OMG that feeling when your antimage farm is kinda ok, but the rest of the team WONT FUCKING PUSH and then they blame the almost loss on you

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You should study some of Attacker's replays to learn Kunkka.

That's what I did and my duo queue friend was legit impressed when I bailed out our shitlord team with my pirateman.

shira

I think what Valve needs to do is integrate Steam Broadcasting into Dota 2, and then maybe also make some feature that makes it integrate with Twitch.

ZyoriTV: "He got assassinated like Abe Lincoln"

I hope it can remove casters
cBj1LTf.png
Permenantly

I'm so shit at kunkka, die way too much

the axe in my game claims he's playing off his tethered phone's mobile data :\

doto takes less bandwidth than a 360p youtube video

This is fighting game Illuminati level stuff right here.

edit. CBS logo is a giant eye. It was under our noses all along. Illuminati confirmed

JC Sera

Chris R

Also, what time should I be looking at for a safe lane battlefury on Antimage? And with blink I'm guessing it's ok to skip boots if farming is going good?

Falk

that puzzling face
You hit stuff roughly 30% faster for under 1k gold (difference between brown boots and treads)

I'd say if farming isn't going ideal towards a fast bfury (and let's face it, pub games) treads is always a worth-it detour.

Kard8p3

I think I found the game to tear me away from DOTA for a while.

MH4U is stupidly good.

Now I just need my CPP to come in the mail.

Cassius

Also, what time should I be looking at for a safe lane battlefury on Antimage? And with blink I'm guessing it's ok to skip boots if farming is going good?

I'd consider anything below 16 minutes to be pretty decent. You will have games where that seems like an impossibility though.

TUSR

Banned
circle pad pro

i saw a kid on the bus this morning with one of those, first time ever seeing one.

MH4U is pretty good, i just finished all the weapon training and im not sure what to use moving forward. i dig the long sword, but the one that transforms between and axe and a sword is so damn good.

Mohasus

One win away from my jade trophy, gold prediction trophy and ram chest, someone decides to pick a jungle huskar.

Finally my troll/sniper combo lost (12 wins out of 13).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom