• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yiiiiikes....also how the hell did that Storm skip BKB and get away with it vs that team? That sounds greedy as all hell, unless all his kills were just him making the long zip with that Bloodstone on one target that nobody else was around.
You know, I'm not really sure. I remember him mostly just "being around" rather than making things happen. But memory fades. I just remember that at 40 minutes, all safe lane Sven had was MoM and an Ogre Cub. And Clinkz top with his Orchid.

At the end, I concluded that Sven picked Sven to look at his Sven set. But then I looked at his profile and he's played the hero quite a bit. IDK. Clinkz...maybe he randomed the hero or something. IDK.

inkls

Yiiiiikes....also how the hell did that Storm skip BKB and get away with it vs that team? That sounds greedy as all hell, unless all his kills were just him making the long zip with that Bloodstone on one target that nobody else was around.

all their stuns/silences are blocked by linken's and he can dodge shackleshot and storm hammer with ult. Not that greedy

all their stuns/silences are blocked by linken's and he can dodge shackleshot and storm hammer with ult. Not that greedy

Linkens was one of his last item pickups, iirc. You don't have to itemize well when your opponents have no items of their own. When the enemy carry is sitting on a MoM and Ogre Club 40 mintues into the game, well...it doesn't really matter what you buy or in what order. The fact that you can buy anything at all means you have an objective advantage.

inkls

Linkens was one of his last item pickups, iirc. You don't have to itemize well when your opponents have no items of their own. When the enemy carry is sitting on a MoM and Ogre Club 40 mintues into the game, well...it doesn't really matter what you buy or in what order. The fact that you can buy anything at all means you have an objective advantage.

ah, dunno what to say then lol

Big Dog

Is today the day we get our second New Year's chest? Can't wait to see how people feel about the next wave of sets to get in while the other 80% of submissions never see the light of day.

Is today the day we get our second New Year's chest? Can't wait to see how people feel about the next wave of sets to get in while the other 80% of submissions never see the light of day.

should be, yes.

Reminds me of the last time I had a Clinkz on my team, guy spent 10 mins afk top while the enemy team was 5-manning down towers and when I cheked his inventory he had treads and ring of aquila.

I'd have to watch the replay, but I assume he got into that "Riki Syndrome" that I talk about from time to time. When you pick a hero that has some OP ability (like invis) and you start feeling like you should be ganking all the time...so you start wandering around...only to look up at 20 or 30 minutes and realize you forgot to farm. I remember him doing a lot of roaming. Clearly, he didn't bother clicking any creeps along the way.

Hylian7

You know, I'm not really sure. I remember him mostly just "being around" rather than making things happen. But memory fades. I just remember that at 40 minutes, all safe lane Sven had was MoM and an Ogre Cub. And Clinkz top with his Orchid.

At the end, I concluded that Sven picked Sven to look at his Sven set. But then I looked at his profile and he's played the hero quite a bit. IDK. Clinkz...maybe he randomed the hero or something. IDK.

He only had a few kills less than Shadow Friend. Did he just start blowing people up with the Dagon?

On that note, Storm fucking gud hero. Seriously.

He only had a few kills less than Shadow Friend. Did he just start blowing people up with the Dagon?

On that note, Storm fucking gud hero. Seriously.

yes. He got his bloodstone charges from just being around the carnage more than doing much of anything. then he simply had more items than others.

Chris R

I've done the math before, if you get EVERY cs you have have brown boots, pms, quelling blade, battlefury by like 12:30 (I think.. its been a while). Possibly a little more/less depending on gold received from creeps. Also if you die it puts you back SO much. Losing gold, time on the lane, and having to buy a tp back

I missed quite a few cs then :( We still won, but now I'm questioning my item build, I'm thinking a butterfly would have helped me more than my heart.

Acinixys

I will say a preemptive FUCK YOU VALVE for only choosing shit sets

I am betting on a Sven, Lina, Juggernaut and a Furion set at the worst

Hylian7

yes. He got his bloodstone charges from just being around the carnage more than doing much of anything. then he simply had more items than others.

Long zip into Dagon then.

I really love Bloodstone on him lately, I used to crap on that item on him but it really facilitates the long zips, which are invaluable in a lot of situations. I know there have been times when I have delayed Rosh's or something like that just by zipping in and out and fucking around with them. I remember a game where we knew they were going to Rosh, and I managed to just sit on the cliff and wait to steal the Rosh, they realized I was there and had to back out and play cautiously, which gave my team time to get there.

And then there's just the fun times of "Wanna see me blow up that carry? Wanna see me do it again?"

FACE

Banned
should be, yes.

I'd have to watch the replay, but I assume he got into that "Riki Syndrome" that I talk about from time to time. When you pick a hero that has some OP ability (like invis) and you start feeling like you should be ganking all the time...so you start wandering around...only to look up at 20 or 30 minutes and realize you forgot to farm. I remember him doing a lot of roaming. Clearly, he didn't bother clicking any creeps along the way.

He was trying to farm, but missed most last hits. Guy randomed Clinkz iirc so he probably wasn't very used to playing the hero.

He was trying to farm, but missed most last hits. Guy randomed Clinkz iirc so he probably wasn't very used to playing the hero.

oic.

Long zip into Dagon then.

I really love Bloodstone on him lately, I used to crap on that item on him but it really facilitates the long zips, which are invaluable in a lot of situations. I know there have been times when I have delayed Rosh's or something like that just by zipping in and out and fucking around with them. I remember a game where we knew they were going to Rosh, and I managed to just sit on the cliff and wait to steal the Rosh, they realized I was there and had to back out and play cautiously, which gave my team time to get there.

And then there's just the fun times of "Wanna see me blow up that carry? Wanna see me do it again?"

He certainly appeared to be having fun. Pretty easy to have fun when the enemy team has those items at that stage of the game.

shira

B-yRG7nUEAIxV_Y.jpg:large
nintendo doing what valve don't

Dose golden walmart demi-heroes don't even come with $200 hats

It says 1500+ submissions, so more like 90-95%
Assuming we get 1 chest - 6-7 sets:

Rumor confirmed
Order of Obscurity - TA set by :3
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=376361650
Vagabond - PL set by dondon
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=377764838

Probably confirmed
Ironhoof Guardian - ES set by Danidem/Hunter
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=378286262
Jade Crest - Morphling by Anuxi
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=377708278
Avatar of the Yearbeast - Juggernaut by Jeremy Klein
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=377817042

Doesn't really leave much room for everyone else unless they do 2 or 3 chests. . . bounch had a pretty decent tide shoulder and goatbear, tvdotto has a SWM set with new animations, I think zaphk did an entire chest

Rumor confirmed
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=376361650
Vagabond - PL set by dondon
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=377764838

Probably confirmed
Ironhoof Guardian - ES set by Danidem/Hunter
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=378286262
Jade Crest - Morphling by Anuxi
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=377708278
Avatar of the Yearbeast - Juggernaut by Jeremy Klein
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=377817042

Doesn't really leave much room for everyone else unless they do 2 or 3 chests. . . bounch had a pretty decent tide shoulder and goatbear, tvdotto has a SWM set with new animations, I think zaphk did an entire chest

goodjob.gif

goodjob.gif

Can't deal with amiibo cross over in the dota thread. I try to keep this to one stressful thing that is ostensibly an enjoyable hobby at a time.

Just had an awful game, good start with troll but didn't get bkb quick enough and sk initiations fucked me up. Hate it when it starts well and then goes to shit.

Artanisix

On mobile so I can't go in depth, but I actually think roaming support Riki is very powerful. If you look at my dotabuff, all my latest Riki games are doing exactly that.

J2d

I hope we get that jugger set, will be second time I spend real money on dota if it happens, TA set is also nice.

52club

On mobile so I can't go in depth, but I actually think roaming support Riki is very powerful. If you look at my dotabuff, all my latest Riki games are doing exactly that.

So true, just roam where the sentries ain't. Plus his health regen while invis is so nice, and he can make up levels by sniping low heros with his blink strike.

bounchfx

. U]Rumor confirmed[/U]

No. If this happens, I'm fuckin done man. :3 can do good work. If he tried. Unfortunately the TA set is one of the worst looking models I've ever seen. It's hard to believe he made it, and if he did, he must have been looking the other direction.

The loading screen is very nice, but looks nothing like the set.

I don't like being negative ever but valve needs to show some class and respect with their picks, not just whichever has a pretty loading screen. The other ones you mentioned, sure, but there's a lot more great ones you missed I think hehe.

But seriously not that TA

Where's that lina ram set, that was genuinely one of the best sets this year

Agreed. Patience my friend. I'm sure we will see it sometime in the near future :)

aeolist

Banned
i still can't believe aui getting kicked over bone7

no matter what other idiotic shit ee pulls in game or out that will stand out to me as supremely stupid

How do you build sven?Taking stats does nothing to solve his insane mana problems unlike with jugg.
What do you guys usually go? (early, mid , late , all of it)

5 points in stats by lvl 15, a bracer and still a whopping 500 mana, I feel like just a drums isn't nearly enough for him.

Someone needs to record all of the awful metaphors that Zyori comes up with during casts.

He just made one about building a cannon on a glass house.

TUSR

Banned
How do you build sven?Taking stats does nothing to solve his insane mana problems unlike with jugg.

5 points in stats by lvl 15, a bracer and still a whopping 500 mana, I feel like just a drums isn't nearly enough for him.

are you tread swappin? get blink, screw MoM.

Hylian7

Drums + teammates mana boots are good. I just farm on Sven generally anyway. You shouldn't need to spam stormbolt that often.

I also find it better to max Cleave second, with 2 in Warcry, just for the flashfarm.

Soul Ring? Bottle? I never been a particularly great sven player, but mana isn't been a big problem.

Starting clarities, tread swapping, drums are enough. It's all about using your Q smartly.

Items are blink bkb mom(i dont like that much personally) AC crits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom