• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making a bot to automatically download my replays for me since I can never remember to do it before they expire. Yep
headshot.gif
Doesnt the Bruno replay manager program already do that? And gives you stats like in dotabuff?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I really, REALLY hate the Steam market and their bullshit policies. I wanted the Scions HUD and a few bits and bobs for Dota 2, so like the good newby I am I added funds to my account to buy them and POW, I'm now fucking banned for a week because of suspicious activity? What? Using a card I've used 10 times in the past to add funds to my account is suspicious? Now I have to phone the bank tomorrow and ask for two magical transaction amounts so I can verify the card. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Jadax

I dunno guys...this game pisses me off so much but I still keep playing it.

I don't understand how people still don't understand how YB works and pick random stuff.

I don't understand how people still play YB.

Boring p2w shit, sure there are hats but then what ? It's not fun.

Just because you are bad at it doesn't make the event P2W, haven't bought any points at all and here I am sitting at 44 YB wins. It's not fun whenever you solo queue and then get paired with morons who pick undying and then at 20 mins into the game all he has is a pair of brown boots and a goddamn dagon lvl 2, always play with a stack and you should be fine.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I got a legendary Luna mount from a game yesterday but I guess drops aren't tradable anymore so I don't even care.
sad.gif

carizcoiso

Neo Member
I think Valve is going in the right direction by creating special modes in which you are still trying to defeat the other team until the end (unlike Diretide, for example) and that to me is an improvement. Having said that, I only played until I won YB 3 times to get the courrier and did not even have motivation to get the other rewards.

Just because you are bad at it doesn't make the event P2W, haven't bought any points at all and here I am sitting at 44 YB wins. It's not fun whenever you solo queue and then get paired with morons who pick undying and then at 20 mins into the game all he has is a pair of brown boots and a goddamn dagon lvl 2, always play with a stack and you should be fine.

I played it once lmao.
It's p2w since paying real money gives you a palpable advantage.

Won my first game on gondar in a while. LPQ, all random, my team was full of morons who had no clue what they were doing, enemy had a feeding clock (feeding couriers as well) but their nyx went beastmode somehow. Ember bought like 3 rapiers too. Split push finally won as ember can only defend one side of the base

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1286735514

Big Dog

Is that a prize we get for redeeming our points after this is all over, or something else?

It's an upcoming Nexon chest.

And looking at the Treasure chest list, we have nearly reached the 100 treasure chest count. I wonder if Valve has any plans to make an extra special chest to commemorate it. Number 98 will most likely be the Summit 3 chest, so that leaves 99 and then 100 to be created. I guess it will probably come with the Spring Cleaning update. Imagine having a chest with a HUGE inventory of popular items/ sets all bundled together. They would have to be untradeable or Auspicious most likely so they don't ruin the pricing of the items being redistributed.

Chris R

Pick Storm, farm, don't listen to your team's cries for ganks early on.

It's free MMR right now.

I don't like storm :( I also normally don't like to mid if I have the chance. Give me a 4/5 spot with people who know what they are doing in the 1/2/3 spots and I'm happy.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
I think Valve just created a literal dump/garbage with Low Priority games (currently) with game mode locked to 'All Random', every player in Low Priority is now just concerned with finishing the game ASAP by rushing a single lane and letting the other team win.

No fun factor at all..

Edit: I will refuse to play in such "LP game end fast, we rush bot you rush top" games

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
sounds like the simple solution is dont get into lp

LP games prior this change were actually good, I didn't mind playing LP games and they were absolute fun (didn't mind even playing 16 LP games in a row to get out of it). But locking game mode to 'All Random' in LP game only makes it like a checklist to finish 5 games to get out of it.

Even encouraging me to BOT LP games right now, if I am to join 9 other players and play a robot'ic non-gamey non-fun match (just because 9 other players just want to finish ASAP bot/top)..I got no reason to waste my time in LP games.

Edit
Screenshot from a match just few seconds ago..Check the timer and the position of heros from both the team
EedbAzN.jpg

Pratfall

LP games prior this change were actually good, I didn't mind playing LP games and they were absolute fun (didn't mind even playing 16 LP games in a row to get out of it). But locking game mode to 'All Random' in LP game only makes it like a checklist to finish 5 games to get out of it.

Even encouraging me to BOT LP games right now, if I am to join 9 other players and play a robot'ic non-gamey non-fun match (just because 9 other players just want to finish ASAP bot/top)..I got no reason to waste my time in LP games.

Low Priority is a place you should not want to be in.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
are you telling me that something that is supposed to be undesirable actually is

I thought LP games were there to segregate 'Normal' and 'Ranked' games, but currently LP games are on the lines of a locked demo mode.

Since I will not play bot'ish game by principle (nor will I use bots, even thought I mentioned I will), it is indeed undesirable enough to stop me from playing Dota 2.

Dota 2, good riddance.

are you telling me that something that is supposed to be undesirable actually is

That's a shit excuse
AR usually is good, but people in LP are usually 80% retards so you cannot have a decent game

And you can get in LP for bad reasons too. Got in it after a shit game where I was solo + a 4stack

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I think Valve just created a literal dump/garbage with Low Priority games (currently) with game mode locked to 'All Random', every player in Low Priority is now just concerned with finishing the game ASAP by rushing a single lane and letting the other team win.

No fun factor at all..

Edit: I will refuse to play in such "LP game end fast, we rush bot you rush top" games

It's not supposed to be fun, you're in there as a punishment.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
linda is doing nothing useful in this game but EG still just committed two huge teamfight ults to killing her solo

ie4LZvtfDAVRv.gif

kvk1

linda is doing nothing useful in this game but EG still just committed two huge teamfight ults to killing her solo

http://i.minus.com/ie4LZvtfDAVRv.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Bone effect.

Game is easy when he relentlessly feeds offlane.

Game is not easy when he owns it.

Pratfall

I thought LP games were there to segregate 'Normal' and 'Ranked' games, but currently LP games are on the lines of a locked demo mode.

Since I will not play bot'ish game by principle (nor will I use bots, even thought I mentioned I will), it is indeed undesirable enough to stop me from playing Dota 2.

Dota 2, good riddance.

what

Eleuin

Dota 2, good riddance.

LOL

This is the greatest post ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom