• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acinixys

I don't understand why people watch anime. Its too frustrating to watch a show with dubbing or with english subtitles. Also I'm not a big fan of the art style. I like Avatar and cowboy bebop was okay.

Watching anime with subs increases you ability to read, and read fast

DBZ and Serial Experiments Lain are the only good animes.

Cowboy Bebop?
Ghost in the Shell?
Trigun?
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann?

Pls get some taste in anime and then come back

:D

anyone in here wanna recommend me some good music? im repeating the same albums now and it doesn't feel right

José González
Fever Ray
Death From Above 1979
The Springbok Nude Girls

Stuff im enjoying at the moment

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Good anime is an oxymoron. You guys, please.

I forgot how bad are 5k players jesus christ. Muted and feeding all game zzz

Soloqueue support is suffering.

so 3k are easier to support?

I have only done 12 ranked matches and my MMR is 3.2k. My last ranked match was on January last year.

The other day some dude in a year beast match was complaining why we won so easily when they have 4k-5k players when we have two 3k. Turns out both me and the other person haven't played more than 11 and 13 ranked matches respectively. Does this game have hidden mmr or something?

manfestival

its been a week since I started dieting and working out. It has also coincidentally been a week since I played dota 2. I feel so much better right now. Is this what people call "a new beginning"?

J2d

I fucking hate humanity, while I'm not the best of players and make a lot of mistakes, ending up with 3 more kills than the rest of my team combined and still have have people saying that I shouldn't pick this or that actually makes my blood boil.

"zomg sniper I have repel why u not stay and fight with me? gee I don't fucking know omni, maybe because there was 4 of them and 2 of us", "let's surprise them in jungle, omg y u no listens" *get our asses kicked and forced to bb while fighting in base under a tower 2 mins later*

Worst thing is I fucked up in the last battle and lost a lot of life to blade mail and shitty 0-12 troll notice and actually blast me =/

I fucking hate humanity, while I'm not the best of players and make a lot of mistakes, ending up with 3 more kills than the rest of my team combined and still have have people saying that I shouldn't pick this or that actually makes my blood boil.

"zomg sniper I have repel why u not stay and fight with me? gee I don't fucking know omni, maybe because there was 4 of them and 2 of us", "let's surprise them in jungle, omg y u no listens" *get our asses kicked and forced to bb while fighting in base under a tower 2 mins later*

Worst thing is I fucked up in the last battle and lost a lot of life to blade mail and shitty 0-12 troll notice and actually blast me =/
mute mute mute mute mute

Kade

its been a week since I started dieting and working out. It has also coincidentally been a week since I played dota 2. I feel so much better right now. Is this what people call "a new beginning"?

It feels good to be powerful in real life. I started again recently and I feel good and to make this Dota related, I gained the courage needed to solo queue.

J2d

Flamestitched Suitings Set Batrider
Hunter of the Red Talon Set Beastmaster
The Gallows Understudy Set Bloodseeker
Steelweb of Pytheos Set Broodmother
Ensemble of the Crystalline Comet Crystal Maiden
Warrior of the Stormlands Disruptor
The Apocalyptic Fire Set Doom
The Garments of the Charred Bloodline Set Lina
Starrider of the Crescent Steel Luna
Outcast of the Deep Set Naga Siren
Honors of the Golden Mane Set Phantom Lancer
Arms of the Bladebreaker Order Set Riki
Heavy Armor of the World Runner Set Spirit Breaker
Wings of the Gilded Falcon Set Windranger
Remains of the Dreadknight Set Wraith king
Styles of Unending Battle

I'd be interested in Juggernaut stuff and if someone has Flight of the Sparrowhawk Set for Windranger (or atleast the hood) but if you see something you want I'll probably trade you for whatever you are willing to offer.

Wow, lame as fuck dark seer bug in ARDM, his wall instantly hits you for like a billion damage, no idea why. Hope they fix it soon, ruining a fun game mode. That and the no buying items bug.

Madouu

You will have games where you have by far the most contribution to the game, most kills, most assists, least deaths (and let's add in tower damage, wards placed and hero healing while we are at it because why not) and teammates will still flame you when they need a scapegoat, sometimes very heavily. When a game is going badly for a team, it often means that people are spending a lot of time being dead, and who is going to be the center of attention when all 4 are dead, yes, you. Congratulations, you have just increased your probability of getting flamed by doing exactly what you are supposed to do to win the game. Of course, you are not going to get any compliments for your great plays most of the time either, because while you are busy creating space elsewhere on the map, your teammates, got that camera stuck on their hero 99.99% of the time when alive.

That's just how dota 2 is, gotta deal with ragers and whiners, often by muting them.

^^That's why playing with a 3-4 stack is the worst shit in the world, usually none of them will buy any support items, expect you to perfectly support them, and even if you've done nothing wrong all the blame will be on you for everything that goes wrong.

Very rarely though there's some decent people around, I once supported for a 4 stack, didn't get flamed, and they even complimented me for my play at the end(it helped that we won). Those experiences make it worth it for me to play solo queue support, which is usually agony.

DrPizza

Banned
Wow, lame as fuck dark seer bug in ARDM, his wall instantly hits you for like a billion damage, no idea why. Hope they fix it soon, ruining a fun game mode. That and the no buying items bug.

I think I saw this on a Purge stream. Dark Seer in ARDM has a weird bug; the wall illusions immediately pop, so a new illusion is instantly created. This means that you take the illusion creation damage over and over, so instantly die.

Very peculiar.

J2d

You will have games where you have by far the most contribution to the game, most kills, most assists, least deaths (and let's add in tower damage, wards placed and hero healing while we are at it because why not) and teammates will still flame you when they need a scapegoat, sometimes very heavily. When a game is going badly for a team, it often means that people are spending a lot of time being dead, and who is going to be the center of attention when all 4 are dead, yes, you. Congratulations, you have just increased your probability of getting flamed by doing exactly what you are supposed to do to win the game. Of course, you are not going to get any compliments for your great plays most of the time either, because while you are busy creating space elsewhere on the map, your teammates, got that camera stuck on their hero 99.99% of the time when alive.

That's just how dota 2 is, gotta deal with ragers and whiners, often by muting them.
Yea I guess but outside of Troll I was the one that had to carry us and I do let stuff like that get to me since I feel the responsibility to do well and not let people down. But it just felt absurd at times in that game.

I'm glad the YB event is over, I had some fun but at times I felt like it brought out the worst in people.

DrPizza

Banned
I liked Year Beast, overall. Yes, it was flawed, but it did something unique in Dota: it created teamwork in low-level pubs.

Hylian7

I liked Year Beast, overall. Yes, it was flawed, but it did something unique in Dota: it created teamwork in low-level pubs.
As long as everyone could afford the upgrades and locked the right heroes. The mode was so dumb because winning became a total crap shoot. I only get three Nether Wards while the Zeus on the other team gets 5 ults. Gg RNG

Blu(e)

I liked what they did with the Ranked All Pick for Year Beast but I wonder if the game mode would be more fun if it was just AR or ARDM. Really got sick of my teammates yelling at each other to pick the regular Zues/Omni/Undying/Axe etc. picks even if that person wasn't comfortable using the hero.

Acinixys

Solo Q is suffering

0AqnMi0.png

Hylian7

some dumb mode that valve only did because the community likes to whine and then when they get what they want they just complain about it anyway

'its so unbalanced i hate it so much i played it 100 times'

its basically this
I played 5 or 6 games of it. Most of those were getting dragged into it with my stack.

Let's not act like Valve is immune to criticism on these things.

Despite the overall negativity towards the event, I really enjoyed the event. Sure some stuff was dumb and all but I managed to meet some really cool people i teamed with for the event, hats were a huge motivational booster too, made people play smarter than usual, would love to see if they made something like YB a 1 time a week event, just make it more balanced and fair for all players involved.

I didn't really consider a p2w event either, through all my 49 wins never did I bought or had access to more points than any other player, just the bonus daily points like everyone else, and still managed to beat teams with a much more upgraded beast, which proves that relying on your skills and good teamwork beat whatever other silly advantages the enemy has over you.

I also used Undying for most of my games and raised my win rate with him to 82%
Emoticon_horse.gif

JustinBB7

Is the Elder Timebreaker gonna go back up in price on the steam market you think? I saw it at like 120 euros a few months ago, around 70 last month I think, now it dropped to 62 euros.

Maybe it will rise up again around international or is that too risky to wait for?

Anybody?

Keep getting Dota 2 traders adding me all the time too so if I get rid of it maybe they will stop adding me too lol.

Found this answer on Reddit and it worked:

Find C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\steam.inf, change 1296 to 1295 in both server and client version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom