• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Dog

are the dbz movies canon?
I believe nearly all of them are. Don't know which few would not be though. They are still created by the same guy who does the show. Still haven't seen the Z one.

New page new thread topic
Kappa

Battle of Gods is canon, and a special called Yo! Son Goku and Friends Return is. Upcoming 'Revival of F' is also canon.

All other movies are not canon.
Weird. Never would have expected that.

- iG.BurNIng
- LGD.Xiao8
- VG.rabbit
- Ehome.MY: mushi, kyxy, ohaiyo, kecik imba, johnny

18 days till Major Allstars LAN
41 days till MLG Columbus
53 days till Dreamhack Bucharest
60 days till TI5 invites
72 days till Summit 3 LAN
103 days till Dreamhack Jonkoping
110 days till ESL Frankfurt
140 days till TI5 groupstages
159 days till TI5 grandfinals
[/QUOTE]

Vg.rabbit?! Is this confirmed or just a rumor?

loki_demi

Neo Member
i feel the new e-home is weaker compared to former team malaysia
facepalm.gif
cBj1LTf.png

Hylian7

Pessimist/bad teammates lose you games.....

facepalm.gif

Also I have yet to see a successful support Pudge in a pub game. I love Pudge, but I don't think he's a very good support.

shira

Vg.rabbit?! Is this confirmed or just a rumor?
Where else is he going? To join up with PatSoul on some NA/China expat team?
Other than SEA or joining an Western team the only possible options left for full salary are Newbee, VG, Ehome or CDEC. He could start his own team or try and bring a tier 2 team into the qualifiers.

i never watched dbz

Once I learned that all the names were stupid shit I couldn't watch it anymore

frieza = freezer
gohan = rice
raditz = radish
chichi = milk
bulla = bra

Dragonball is a better anime than Dragonball Z. This is the truth everyone eventually comes to terms with. Some sooner than others.

I'll pray for your enlightenment.

shira

Dragonball is a better anime than Dragonball Z. This is the truth everyone eventually comes to terms with. Some sooner than others.

I'll pray for your enlightenment.

Wasn't the original one heavily edited because it was too perverted for western audiences.

i feel the new e-home is weaker compared to former team malaysia
facepalm.gif
cBj1LTf.png

kecikimba is the Sumail of the SEA. Mushi's protege.

Wasn't the original one heavily edited because it was too perverted for western audiences.

Honestly couldn't tell you. I've watched the dub (i believe it was re-released), the sub, and read the manga, but i did such so far apart that I couldn't tell you what the differences are.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why can't you watch/read something good like Nausicaa?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
And I am done, I now have a bot that downloads my replays automatically and uploads them to dropbox. The code is sloppy though, number of hard coded values, and I hacked several of the objects to work how I want but to lose a lot of their utility (Though it should be able to be repurposed pretty easily to download all the games to a tournament, which is pretty nice).

Now to look into cleaning it up to maybe be something other people can use. Though I think I need to better understand what node.js can do before that.

Pessimist/bad teammates lose you games.....

facepalm.gif

Also I have yet to see a successful support Pudge in a pub game. I love Pudge, but I don't think he's a very good support.

As a roamer Pudge can do a lot as long as he has decent map awareness and some good hooks. I've seen Waga and other streamers pull it off tons, and I'm sure you don't need to be 6k to be able to do it.

If by support you mean standing in lane and doing nothing then yeah Pudge is crap.

Hylian7

As a roamer Pudge can do a lot as long as he has decent map awareness and some good hooks. I've seen Waga and other streamers pull it off tons, and I'm sure you don't need to be 6k to be able to do it.

If by support you mean standing in lane and doing nothing then yeah Pudge is crap.

Sure, I'm sure he can. The problem is I have yet to see one good at that. All the ones I have seen are level 5 at 12 minutes or something like that.

Yeah full roaming with skillshots usually is a recipe for disaster. Lv 3 mirana at 15 minutes, pudge that misses all hooks, etc.

Hell even just full roam is a bad idea in pubs in general. You see some pros succeeding at it (notail on earthshaker for instance), but they know what they're doing.
In a pub you'll just see the dude walk around, sap some xp, miss a gank and then go back to base to heal up.. hero is just a deadweight afterwards

Had a "sven roamer" the other day (ugh), he kept casting storm hammer on TA while she had refraction on (I was viper so he could just wait for me to destroy refraction) and then ping me and whine on voice chat that I can't kill her. Smart ass.

Quesa

Where else is he going? To join up with PatSoul on some NA/China expat team?
Other than SEA or joining an Western team the only possible options left for full salary are Newbee, VG, Ehome or CDEC. He could start his own team or try and bring a tier 2 team into the qualifiers.

Once I learned that all the names were stupid shit I couldn't watch it anymore

frieza = freezer
gohan = rice
raditz = radish
chichi = milk
bulla = bra

bulma = bloomers

but what about nappa

Jadax

Is it possible to report people who just afk all game but avoid abandon by getting xp every few mins?

Had a player on my team who didn't get any items, or spell or anything - just afked in xp range.

Hylian7

Yeah full roaming with skillshots usually is a recipe for disaster. Lv 3 mirana at 15 minutes, pudge that misses all hooks, etc.

Hell even just full roam is a bad idea in pubs in general. You see some pros succeeding at it (notail on earthshaker for instance), but they know what they're doing.
In a pub you'll just see the dude walk around, sap some xp, miss a gank and then go back to base to heal up.. hero is just a deadweight afterwards

Had a "sven roamer" the other day (ugh), he kept casting storm hammer on TA while she had refraction on (I was viper so he could just wait for me to destroy refraction) and then ping me and whine on voice chat that I can't kill her. Smart ass.

Exactly, sometimes I do see good roamers in my games, and usually they are on reliable supports, sometimes they are Mirana too. However I also see my share of Miranas that sit there for ten minutes and try to land an arrow mid. I usually tell them "Go lane somewhere, you aren't making this, I can farm just fine here anyway, you're level 2 at 8 minutes."

J2d

Do arcanas go on sale? I want the PA one but its a crazy price for a cosmetic so I think I'd feel bad if I bought it for 30$..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom