• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bounchfx

Oh, thats pretty cool, I didn't think Valve would allow such a thing.

yeah the % that goes towards the prize pool is completely up to the organizers afaik. Valve matches half. I'm not surprised summit changed it to 20%, hopefully it works out better for everyone involved.

Carlius

Banned
I hope shrapnel gets a big nerf next patch, pushing against it even when you're far ahead is frustrating and not fun.

LOL, i always said it was his best skill. i max shrapnel first when i mid. to farm againt that is annoying. most people dont realize it and i absolutely HATE it when a sniper doesnt level up at least one level of it. its so good. gives you vision, slows down. come on.

edit: also, these servers SUCK ASS

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Pushing against 1 shrapnel was not that big a deal. Pushing against 3 of them is.

demented

How many games before jumping to ranked? Back from loong hiatus, not new player, also doubt I'll cover all new heroes I missed and stuff in normal games but don't wanna get too flamed in ranked

How many games before jumping to ranked? Back from loong hiatus, not new player, also doubt I'll cover all new heroes I missed and stuff in normal games but don't wanna get too flamed in ranked

Play until you understand all the things you suck at, then play ranked.

You'll get flamed in ranked even if you're RTZ. Unless you care about your MMR or want to gauge your personal improvement unranked is usually better.

Mordeccai

you ever have one of those days, where you just suck at dota for some reason.

like god has reached a hand down, caressed you behind your ear, and wired your brain into suck mode. "today, my son, you shall suck ass at video games."

managed to scrape out two wins but the games weren't even fun today.

at least it's impossible to suck at reading novels
smile.gif

inkls

im pretty sure the rest of his team doing the heavy lifting so he gets a free win even if he played a safelane treant is what broke their resolve

Vaporak

Everyone gets flamed for everything in ranked; hell pubs will yell at dendi for having a terrible pudge.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I really fucking hope this reddit "'bone' cosmetic addition = hero pets" is wrong. I really really really don't want to see 10 heroes with their pokemon following them around the map. Maybe if there was a -disable all pets option it'd be fine. With some of the cosmetics and hero spells in the game now (and if this pet garbage is true), lol@auras being "visual clutter". I miss dota1 auras :(.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The bone could just be for CM's dog specifically, like a random animation where it digs it up. There is a decent change we see more pets, since the community didn't react too poorly to the dog.

Few pub pudge players know what they're doing and it's not unusual to have a good game with a pudge on your team.
Same goes with invoker players.

Sadly, the rest which is like 80% are pure fucking garbage and don't know what they're doing, just playing these heroes because they're "so epic xdd"

Wok

The bone could just be for CM's dog specifically, like a random animation where it digs it up. There is a decent chance we see more pets, since the community didn't react too poorly to the dog.

Or imagine WK dies and during the resurrection animation you have this little dog digging for its bone.

I want a frog with a drum for Witch Doctor. And a hedgehog for bristleback. And a mole when you echo-slam or totem the ground. And a shark inside Morphling. And a bat during nights with Nightstalker.

DrPizza

Banned

Yeah, it's weird. After an initial abundance of them, terrible pub Techies players have largely disappeared. But abysmal Pudges remain abundant. Missed hooks, no roaming, no ganking, none of the "make the other team live in perpetual fear whenever they have no vision" that a good Pudge can do.

And they just play game after game like this. Game after game where they never leave mid, or when they do leave mid they don't bother smoking so are spotted immediately. Game after game where they aren't even close to landing a hook. Game after game where they simply don't snowball.

I just don't understand it. It's not fun to play, it certainly isn't useful to your team. Why do they do this? What's the appeal?

Yeah, it's weird. After an initial abundance of them, terrible pub Techies players have largely disappeared. But abysmal Pudges remain abundant. Missed hooks, no roaming, no ganking, none of the "make the other team live in perpetual fear whenever they have no vision" that a good Pudge can do.

And they just play game after game like this. Game after game where they never leave mid, or when they do leave mid they don't bother smoking so are spotted immediately. Game after game where they aren't even close to landing a hook. Game after game where they simply don't snowball.

I just don't understand it. It's not fun to play, it certainly isn't useful to your team. Why do they do this? What's the appeal?

they're gonna magically turn into dendi and win TI6

Also muh skillshots

kiyomi

do it later rather than sooner

i made this mistake and regret it every morning i wake up

Red UFO

The instant gratification when it does work out.

Acinixys

This is Riki Syndrome

It happens when players have a hero who they know CAN get kills, but instead of farming items and roaming when its clear you can get a kill, they AFK in the jungle waiting for the perfect moment, which never comes

Then they end 0/21 with boots and a bracer and cry about how their team sucked/lane was hard/enemy team is all 6K so its not their fault

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

because playing pudge is the closest you can get to singleplayer doto

they don't care that they're not useful to their team, they're just there to land a good hook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom