• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvk1

Print, we won.

happytears.gif

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Source 2 update with multiple hero visual reworks Void, Zeus, Viper, etc. New beginning type theme.

Started playing ranked games again after maybe a year long break? Nobody supports. It's awful. Nobody is willing to buy wards, compared to normal this is way worse.

Valve needs to incentivise support in a much bigger way imo.

TUSR

Banned
Started playing ranked games again after maybe a year long break? Nobody supports. It's awful. Nobody is willing to buy wards, compared to normal this is way worse.

the incentive is winning games

JC Sera

Lol nah
horse.gif

seriously supporting is something is not something you can easily incentivise with out breaking the game. Its just something people have to either learn or gain a preference for at their own pace. And unfortunately some people never do.

Its like saying Valve should incentivise the Medic in tf2. You can do that to a certain point, its still going to be down to personal preference.

Won my hero challenge as TB. Is this hero supposed to rat all game? Sure I am pushing towers too fast but I find him too squishy on clashes. He can deal a lot of damage during metamorph but as soon as the enemies determine you apart form your illusions you get eliminated quickly.

What are your thought on picking a quick bots for him?

JC Sera

Sarcastic, refering to some stupid posts by a certain "lead champion designer", after I read this :
Ah I remember reading a whole lot of quotes buy that guy now. Didn't he think stuns were broken and silences were unfun
cBj1LTf.png

I'd agree in the case of silencer, he is anti-fun

also more drops for support stuff sounds silly
I'd rather a rework it into the commend system

Maximo

Many Aussie Dota 2 players? Would love to play with people from the US but any lag kills it for me. Slightly tired of randoms in Pubs.

Artanisix

er7vU4K.jpg

Bask in the glory of the support Riki!

I firmly believe that Riki is better as a support than as a carry or offlaner.

Basic item build:
-Start with Boots + Wards or Courier
-Priority purchase: Orb of Venom
-Optional purchase: Poor Man's Shield
-Priority purchase: Phase Boots
-Priority purchase: Eul's Scepter

This is your basic core and enables permanent roaming across the map with health and mana regen from invis passive and eul's. You can easily set up ganks with eul's -> smoke cloud. This combo does not break your invis, so you can force people to pop dusts just by doing this and running away.

Smoke is insanely good for countering popular heroes like Axe -- they love initiating in and calling someone, but if you smoke bomb your teammate as a fight starts, it prevents any initiator from blinking on top of your team and disabling them. It's low cooldown, massive aoe, excellent slow, long-lasting silence, and great miss chance.

Bonus items:
-Rod of Atos: for the extra boost in health, trapping enemies in your smoke clouds for even longer, and for being annoying across the map
-SnY: for when your roaming has gone exceptionally well and you can transition to a semi-carry
-Blink: to make you impossible to catch
-Gem: you are an awesome gem carrier as this will both prevent you from walking into sentries and make you a mobile invisible ward-spotting machine

Skill build:
1. Invis, for warding and romaing
2. Backstab
3. Backstab
4. Smoke
5. Backstab
6. Blink Strike
7. Backstab
8. Invis, for extra health regen and roaming strength in midgame
9 onwards. Max cloud, ulti, and invis in this priority

Your job is to cause mass chaos around the map. Hunt junglers, leech their xp, and make carries and mids upset by backstabbing them. You can solo kill enemy supports with boots and orb of venom; backstab does absurd amounts of damage with no agi items early. When midgame rolls around, you will initiate and counter-initiate via smoke and euls.

Remember that Riki does not have hard disables, so it's important that your team have some sort of stuns or slows to follow up your smoke clouds.

Acinixys

There is a very easy way to do this

Make the end of game score board have more information on it

Wards Purchased/Wards Placed/Hero Healing Done etc

Will instantly make supporting more enjoyable. At the moment the score board is retarded and has almost no relevant info on it.

Why wouldn't you max cloud earlier ? This skill is strong as fuck and you're not gonna get crazy levels if you only roam.

I would assume because duration/cooldown/ms slow/as slow are the same across all levels, miss chance means less earlier in the game when attack speed is so slow anyway, and the increased radius becomes more important during teamfights starting midgame? Also the mana cost on a hero that has shit mana even on a carry budget and with carry level progression. Backstab is free and you can harass like crazy with it if you're not concerned about farm.

Regardless, the fact that dust can be purged with euls
511uGmw.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Max Shrapnel on Sniper First, can confirm its a game winning build. The best is when it randomly killed a Shadow Demon I wasn't even paying attention too.
headshot.gif

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1292983592

Overall last game was hard, 75 minutes. Made a last second Yolo play and bought a Shadow Blade, BoTed top lane, and finished off a 1k HP Ancient, would have been disastrous if they spotted me with sentries (Though my team was distracting them by pushing mid lane, which helped)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Someone (hopefully you) has asked us to reset the password for your account Twitch. To do so, please click on the button below. If you did not request to reset the password, you can ignore this e-mail!
And it was in Turkish, so I assume Twitch detected a Turkish IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom