• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkls

Everytime I see a mid pudge I'm happy because it means I can pick ember and snowball from killing him over and over and basically get easy farm compared to other mid matchups.

HkZ9qhw.png

Why is this still a thing.

I die a little inside everytime.

Holy shit. I'm puking everywhere.

Who needs a spammable ranged echo slam that also gives you MS ?

Only thing that proves is that most LC's are junglers(which, to be fair, is still not a great idea). If you're going jungle LC there's no reason to get OO your first few levels as she already has a hard enough time jungling with her W and E. They should at least get it at 5 or 7 though...

Pratfall

If you see the builds in dotabuff, you'll see that the five most popular builds, they don't get shrapnel until lvl 10 or just skip it all together.

2LifnHn.png

Oh, and Mac is amazing for taking screenshots. ;)

how often are these reset? Monthly? If not, the numbers before the shrapnel change is probably swamping everything else out.

Only thing that proves is that most LC's are junglers(which, to be fair, is still not a great idea). If you're going jungle LC there's no reason to get OO your first few levels as she already has a hard enough time jungling with her W and E. They should at least get it at 5 or 7 though...
Well that's my point, jungle LC is fucking garbage
how often are these reset? Monthly? If not, the numbers before the shrapnel change is probably swamping everything else out.
1 point in shrapnel has always been a good value point, the vision was and is still big

There's even worse than jungle LC

There's midas/shadow blade/treads jungle LC that doesn't give a shit about the game before they get these garbage items

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
so wait the most popular build for sniper doesn't even make the most of his abilities but still has a 60% wr or am I misreading this

wow seems like a hero who is definitely right at home in the current meta
8f70c6ea.gif

Hylian7

There's even worse than jungle LC

There's midas/shadow blade/treads jungle LC that doesn't give a shit about the game before they get these garbage items

I'd say Midas ever on LC is garbage unless you are fed 5 kills in 5 minutes or something crazy like that.

Something that is interesting to me though is that when Legion first released in Dota 2, there was the Blink Dagger vs Shadow Blade debate, and people did build SB on her, but Blink won out. I can definitely see an argument for SB on her, however the problem with it is you have to walk there rather than the simple PTA > Blink > Duel, and your PTA could run out by then.

so wait the most popular build for sniper doesn't even make the most of his abilities but still has a 60% wr or am I misreading this

wow seems like a hero who is definitely right at home in the current meta
8f70c6ea.gif

Honestly, if things are hairy and you are safelane, I don't think maxing Take Aim first is a bad thing. I would still max Shrapnel second though if that was the case.

What I like about the Lothars LC build is that it gives you some nice damage and AS which give you some more solo kill potential and you farm faster as well. I'd definitely go for blink almost every time when playing in an organised stack but I think Lothars is better sometimes when solo queueing.

I'd say Midas ever on LC is garbage unless you are fed 5 kills in 5 minutes or something crazy like that.

Something that is interesting to me though is that when Legion first released in Dota 2, there was the Blink Dagger vs Shadow Blade debate, and people did build SB on her, but Blink won out. I can definitely see an argument for SB on her, however the problem with it is you have to walk there rather than the simple PTA > Blink > Duel, and your PTA could run out by then.
SB means you may be spotted by sentries or just towers (so no tower diving)
And you also have the idiots who try to get the bonus damage from SB invis, then cast PtA then cast duel.. yeah that only works in the trench

Blink + bottle beats shadow blade every time

Hylian7

SB means you may be spotted by sentries or just towers (so no tower diving)
And you also have the idiots who try to get the bonus damage from SB invis, then cast PtA then cast duel.. yeah that only works in the trench

Blink + bottle beats shadow blade every time

Yeah, this is definitely the biggest part of it. However you could still get the Bonus Damage if you PTA before SB, however you already have to be pretty damn close to your target as you only have 5 seconds.

I've seen LC get both blink and sb sometimes which I think can be pretty good sometimes. I think you always go blink first because your bound to miss out on duels if you skip it, but the shadowblade really has a different purpose which is about being able to threaten solo kills against a team that really wants to split farm, as long as your strong enough to do that it can really squeeze the enemy team economically.

A "surprise" SB in the mid/late game can be good yes, you even see pros do it on random ass heroes because getting a 1v1 kill on the enemy carry can mean a won game, so yeah, situationally good, sure.

Pratfall

I am starting to work on my invoker and I find quas wex much more my style than quas exort. Any tips for playing quas wex invoker from a "winning the mid lane" perspective? It seems like invoker is weak in the meta right now but I am really loving casting tornado emp and then ghost walking away.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
wow it really looks like they're leveraging the power of source to bring us low quality settings dota 2

i can't wait!!

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
and is that...could it be...5:4 support?

finally, valve are catering to those of us still using dell lcd screens from 2003

Aegus

How do guys feel about abandoning games where your support plays as carry? Was a mid Storm and our Lich was farming support.

We lost a team fight with the lich getting owned. I just quit there and then.

Moppeh

Banned
How do guys feel about abandoning games where your support plays as carry? Was a mid Storm and our Lich was farming support.

I try not to abandon because usually the three other guys on the team aren't usually doing dumb shit like that.

I had a game the other day though where we had a CM who took all the farm, kill stole, and refused to buy wards. I won't lie, I was very, very tempted to abandon because goddamn, he was pissing me off so much.

52club

The only person you hurt is yourself when you quit. I look at games like this as a chance to experiment and have fun...or at least I try to.

I want to abandon when I see my lich taking frost blast instead of sacrifice at level 1.

Zeknurn

By abandoning you basically gave that Lich a get out of jail free card. Think about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom