• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

H4nni teamless

j59l70T.jpg

manfestival

With as many teams Hanni has burnt though, I find it very hard to believe its not largely his fault.

I was watching comewithme stream and he was just rambling after some question and said how much he hated working with h4nn1 in the past.... sooooooo im inclined to agree that h4nn1 is prob swoosh doosh status

kvk1

I tried watching some BananaSlamJamma last night, but that kid gets uncomfortably angry when things aren't going well in game. It's just no fun to spectate.

Which is a shame because he's definitely educational about it; if the game is going his way.

Pratfall

I tried watching some BananaSlamJamma last night, but that kid gets uncomfortably angry when things aren't going well in game. It's just no fun to spectate.

Which is a shame because he's definitely educational about it; if the game is going his way.

he has a little na dota in him but I think by and large his attitude is pretty good. also, if you are looking to learn how to make decisions as a 1 position carry, his is the best stream out there.

He goes super hard on tilt it's amazing and also extremely sad
I saw his Troll game where he just yolo'd and blamed his team for not keeping up with his 520 move speed as he dived T3 solo.

It's too bad because he is very informative.

guess I havent seen him go this far on tilt.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

I saw his Troll game where he just yolo'd and blamed his team for not keeping up with his 520 move speed as he dived T3 solo.

kvk1

he has a little na dota in him but I think by and large his attitude is pretty good. also, if you are looking to learn how to make decisions as a 1 position carry, his is the best stream out there.

guess I havent seen him go this far on tilt.

Yeah, I agree on both counts.

He's extremely informative on carry when he's not tilting.

kvk1

Milk, does your guide to support Riki include standing at bottom rune and all-chatting "I'M IN LOVE WITH THE COCO" or is that optional?

It's a lot to take in, and I just wanna make sure I'm getting all of this right.

Hylian7

Speaking of grabbing runes, does just pressing M onto the rune grab it?

I ask this because if I ever play Riki or BH, and try to grab the super rune, standing on the spot and rapidly right clicking if someone else that is visible is doing the same thing makes me attack them instead of grabbing the rune. Surely there has to be away to actually grab the rune instead of attack them.

I want to see that lich game

Me too, I'm going to guess he didn't have much farm on Storm.

That reminds me, I had this game last night:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1295341857

Obviously we lost, and it's probably quite obvious why: Nobody to make space for me, makes Andy Mage a very sad boy.
That's not what I'm focusing on here though.

This Storm on the other team was doing his part in stomping us here, however lets take a look at something.

lz6RIVo.png

Now, it still took him 20 minutes to get that Orchid. He went 10/8, and participated in early game kills.

oHDukMa.png

Now they had a bit of a scare, because I was almost farming my way back into this game, of course given how much ground we lost early and our inability to hold it, it was damn near impossible to come back. However I was actually surprised this storm didn't have a 15 minute Orchid.

Pretty much every Storm game I play, I usually have Bottle, Treads, Wand, and Orchid in 15-18 minutes.

Farm wins games.

Mordeccai

Speaking of grabbing runes, does just pressing M onto the rune grab it?

I ask this because if I ever play Riki or BH, and try to grab the super rune, standing on the spot and rapidly right clicking if someone else that is visible is doing the same thing makes me attack them instead of grabbing the rune. Surely there has to be away to actually grab the rune instead of attack them.

I would like to know a work around for this too. I usually ride the razors edge and just click on the very edge of their hit box but still on the rune spawn, and it's screwed me once or twice.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Make them come with one of the wards randomly at the start of the match, but you have to buy them before the 0 minute mark. It's like a prize in a cereal box.

actually, reducing the cost of wards and courier before the 0 minute mark is a legitimately good idea

Mordeccai

I hope the 0 hour runes get removed in the next patch, they're awful

What, no they are great. Give us something to do rather than dance around the T2 waiting for the horn and our creep block.

Also a good time to see which of your team mates or enemies are likely to over commit.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
What, no they are great. Give us something to do rather than dance around the T2 waiting for the horn and our creep block.

Also a good time to see which of your team mates or enemies are likely to over commit.

i just find it annoying and boring that i have to run there as a support and risk getting killed just so that my greedy lane mate can get a leg up

has anybody compared the effectiveness of getting first bounty rune vs. a proper creep block?

Hylian7

DotaGAF please

You need to remember that 90% of players arent 7K MMR like yourselves

They are 2K and have only played 60 hours or so. They pick the top build from the ingame guide picker and go from there

I really wish they would come out with an updated MMR bell curve. Stats are fascinating. I'm curious how things have changed since that one they showed right before ranked MM came out.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
i just find it annoying and boring that i have to run there as a support and risk getting killed just so that my greedy lane mate can get a leg up

has anybody compared the effectiveness of getting first bounty rune vs. a proper creep block?

Fuck that dude take that bounty rune as a support every time and never look back.

Hylian7

Mid lane I always block, any other lane I go for it, and if I see too many heroes there to get it safely, then I back off and go block. It is a decent advantage, but it isn't worth dying over, and in mid it is more worth it to get your block.

inkls

I recall someone leaving me to die as they got the rune hmm...

Hylian7

Speaking of blocking, that reminds me. I watched this last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcYg18rl6P8

Blitz went into detail about the Storm vs Lina matchup, which was one I had trouble with one time. I know I've gone against it a few times, and I don't remember if I won it because the other Lina was bad or because I got better. Either way it was very informative.

JambiBum

Hey Matt, are you like big in League of Legends or something? Your name is really familiar.

Don't know if you heard that in Quill's stream after you subscribed earlier today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom