• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
landing the combo with nyx and then hopelessly pecking at the enemy with your pathetic right click as they run away with 150hp is the most annoying thing

he just needs a way to farm better and I'd use

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
landing the combo with nyx and then hopelessly pecking at the enemy with your pathetic right click as they run away with 150hp is the most annoying thing

like literally yes!

you land your whole combo on even like a fairly squishy hero like silencer and they can easily escape

DrPizza

Banned
nyx is such fucking trash, i want to love him but he's so bad
He's very awkward. If you can go mid and get a Dagon fast, and if there are no BKBs so that you can actually use the Vendetta hit (rather than leading with the stun), then he can snowball hard and be an absolute terror to supports. Vendetta, stun, Dagon, dead.

But if those early kills end up limping away on 50 hp? He's... a stun. Niche utility against Medusa and OD (and perhaps Silencer?) because of the mana burn. And invis is always useful for scouting. But he's not Nyx Scout. He's Nyx Assassin, and that means he needs to be able to assassinate people.

I wonder if he'd be better as an int hero. He naturally wants int items (his spells have a pretty high mana cost, and you want to be able to use stuns and burns on cooldown in teamfights), so I wonder if it'd help give him the extra damage he really needs.

He's very awkward. If you can go mid and get a Dagon fast, and if there are no BKBs so that you can actually use the Vendetta hit (rather than leading with the stun), then he can snowball hard and be an absolute terror to supports. Vendetta, stun, Dagon, dead.

But if those early kills end up limping away on 50 hp? He's... a stun. Niche utility against Medusa and OD (and perhaps Silencer?) because of the mana burn. And invis is always useful for scouting. But he's not Nyx Scout. He's Nyx Assassin, and that means he needs to be able to assassinate people.

I wonder if he'd be better as an int hero. He naturally wants int items (his spells have a pretty high mana cost, and you want to be able to use stuns and burns on cooldown in teamfights), so I wonder if it'd help give him the extra damage he really needs.
No he wouldn't be better as an int hero because then I can't transition into a carry
Midgame
Mana boot
Blink
Force
Euls if necessary
Ghost scepter
Stout

Late game

Treads/BoTs
Eth blade
Bfly
Blink
Abyssal
AC or hex

Fuck that pub Dagon build its all about utility and playmaking

Quesa

All they need to do do nyx is fix his ulty the same way they've fixed every other shit skill: give him three charges of it

swift not a fan of poor mans?

Hylian7

All they need to do do nyx is fix his ulty the same way they've fixed every other shit skill: give him three charges of it

>Getting bopped 3 times with 550 physical damage

How+About+No.jpg

Hylian7

No he wouldn't be better as an int hero because then I can't transition into a carry
Midgame
Mana boot
Blink
Force
Euls if necessary
Ghost scepter
Stout

Late game

Treads/BoTs
Eth blade
Bfly
Blink
Abyssal
AC or hex

Fuck that pub Dagon build its all about utility and playmaking

Yep, that's pretty much how he's been for a long time now. He isn't as good as he used to be in the days of Nyx mid being super common, but he falls into place as a support now for sure. Spiked Carapace gives him an additional bit of survivability (and stun).

Yep, that's pretty much how he's been for a long time now. He isn't as good as he used to be in the days of Nyx mid being super common, but he falls into place as a support now for sure. Spiked Carapace gives him an additional bit of survivability (and stun).
Hero isn't good as a support he needs levels

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
they need to change him so that his ability to guarantee a kill doesn't depend on the enemy to be stupid enough to forget that you're nyx and attack you during the 3 second window that spiked carapace is up

Hylian7

they need to change him so that his ability to guarantee a kill doesn't depend on the enemy to be stupid enough to forget that you're nyx and attack you during the 3 second window that spiked carapace is up

You should be coordinating with your team with him anyway though, I don't really know why this is necessary. The damage, burning their mana, and stun isn't enough?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
You should be coordinating with your team with him anyway though, I don't really know why this is necessary. The damage, burning their mana, and stun isn't enough?

nope, i got off their whole combo on a silencer at level 6 and he just ran off

you dont coordinate with your team enough

you need like +1 (preferably a stun) for his first few kills and then you can solo pick off and stuff and snowball from there

i know you im in your head

Hylian7

nope, i got off their whole combo on a silencer at level 6 and he just ran off

Again it sounds like you're going after him solo.

Also Urn might help.

Patcherino!

http://store.steampowered.com/news/16020/

* Added an upgraded wolf pup style to Crystal Maiden’s Frost Avalanche.
- Unlocked by destroying 50 enemy wards
- Upgraded wolf pups have an alternate skin, and several new behaviors

* Dropping an item onto another item on the ground now properly places it where clicked
* Made various fixes to pathing
* Fixed a case where Winter's Curse didn't credit the kill properly
* Fixed autopause in league games having a countdown instead of being instant

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
why should i have to coordinate with anyone, i'm fucking nyx assassin, i should be able to take out a support on my own

i mean if lion can kill someone on his own and he's like a fat teddy bear, i think someone called NYX ASSASSIN shouldn't have to get a friend in to help him kill

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
instead of giving new animations to crystal maiden they should work on giving a cat to linda, then maybe i will buy her arcana

DrPizza

Banned

He's an assassin. He's meant to be picking off people solo to make space for the carry, not coordinating with the team. If he has levels and a dagon he can manage it just about.

If he goes blink dagger and is just a stun... meh. Why not pick Lion and get a hex too?

Hylian7

He's an assassin. He's meant to be picking off people solo to make space for the carry, not coordinating with the team. If he has levels and a dagon he can manage it just about.

If he goes blink dagger and is just a stun... meh. Why not pick Lion and get a hex too?

The element of surprise?

I don't know where this "His name has assassin in it, he doesn't have to coordinate with his team!" mentality comes from.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The element of surprise?

I don't know where this "His name has assassin in it, he doesn't have to coordinate with his team!" mentality comes from.

so like, you think that 'a bad lion with the potential to snowball if your opponents are stupid' is a good role for nyx assassin? that's the the hero 'working as intended'?

Hylian7

so like, you think that 'a bad lion with the potential to snowball if your opponents are stupid' is a good role for nyx assassin? that's the the hero 'working as intended'?

How is he "a bad lion"? He doesn't even do the same thing Lion does. That's like saying he's a bad Kunkka because his ult is on such a long cooldown.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I like the additions to the CM arcana but now we're really gonna be in a strange position with a precedent set of adding to arcanas meanwhile the Lina item is nowhere near the rest of them.

Satch

Banned
support riki is so iconic
lowkey the best thing to come out of these dota threads

when you pick riki second and then the enemy team picks bounty hunter and slardar immediately after

2 out of 5 picks wasted on a support that theyre never going to see in the first place because it's not like theyre going to buy detection

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
support riki is so iconic
lowkey the best thing to come out of these dota threads

when you pick riki second and then the enemy team picks bounty hunter and slardar immediately after

2 out of 5 picks wasted on a support that theyre never going to see in the first place because it's not like theyre going to buy detection

enjoy it while it lasts because when i'm picked as icefrog's successor the first thing i am going to do is delete that cunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom