• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrPizza

Banned
How is he "a bad lion"? He doesn't even do the same thing Lion does. That's like saying he's a bad Kunkka because his ult is on such a long cooldown.

Stun that hits heroes in a line.
Ult that's a big nuke.
Mana removal.
Secondary disable.

They're pretty damn similar.

But Lion's secondary disable (hex versus carapace) is much stronger, and his nuke does a ton more damage (though at levels 6/11 has a much worse cooldown). For utility, Lion is much better.

Nyx's advantage I guess is that he can solo offlane thanks to his high regen... or at least he could, you don't really see him much these days so I'm not sure how successful he really is.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
CM has a puppy

Lina gets a kitten

volvo pls hire

thieving my ideas like inkls thieves my kills and steve thieves my farm

ibUjNOhx7rzhn.gif

Hylian7

Sometimes you just have teammates that make you seriously question how the hell this is ranked and not anything above 1k MMR.

First pick Windranger, he wants to safelane for some reason. Weird, but I guess it can work. Then the next guy picks Drow and goes in the offlane. I pick Storm, my friend picks Axe, and then the last guy randoms.....Broodmother, and keeps it like a fucking dumbass. I had to buy the courier myself, we didn't have a single ward all game, I was too poor to afford them.

I had literally no space to farm, Skywrath was constantly on my ass, no way I could win my lane, I couldn't see him coming. Couldn't even farm jungle. Shit is a fucking joke and I wonder how these three idiots even breathe at the end of the day.

I have no idea why the WR still insisted on safelane despite us having a Drow, but then the BM pick turned everything on end regardless.

bsKkrS2.png

How the hell are these MMRs even correct?

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1297568857

Big Dog

Sometimes you just have teammates that make you seriously question how the hell this is ranked and not anything above 1k MMR.

First pick Windranger, he wants to safelane for some reason. Weird, but I guess it can work. Then the next guy picks Drow and goes in the offlane. I pick Storm, my friend picks Axe, and then the last guy randoms.....Broodmother, and keeps it like a fucking dumbass. I had to buy the courier myself, we didn't have a single ward all game, I was too poor to afford them.

I had literally no space to farm, Skywrath was constantly on my ass, no way I could win my lane, I couldn't see him coming. Couldn't even farm jungle. Shit is a fucking joke and I wonder how these three idiots even breathe at the end of the day.

I have no idea why the WR still insisted on safelane despite us having a Drow, but then the BM pick turned everything on end regardless.

The Axe you stacked with had the least impact in the game it seems. Looks like he might have had some good calls since he has the most assists, but not sure why you both picked core heroes after your random team mates chose heroes they claimed were going to be farming/ core roles. Be the support you think your team needs. Don't just pick another core hero. You are a part of this issue as well. I would have been a sympathizer had you picked first and they picked all farming cores as well. But not here.

Hylian7

The Axe you stacked with had the least impact in the game it seems. Looks like he might have had some good calls since he has the most assists, but not sure why you both picked core heroes after your random team mates chose heroes they claimed were going to be farming/ core roles. Be the support you think your team needs. Don't just pick another core hero. You are a part of this issue as well. I would have been a sympathizer had you picked first and they picked all farming cores as well. But not here.

I might be misremembering, I may have picked second, I don't remember for sure.

I've seen really crazy MMR differences when it comes to party MMR. Like 6k players teamed up with 3k players levels of crazy.

Though it's not like solo MMR is such a different story, it just gets slightly less crazy.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

bsKkrS2.png

You completely gloss over it but the first sign of trouble in this story was your friend fourth picking Axe with three cores already. The Brood is an awful pick at that point but not much worse than the Axe one.

Acinixys

Hylian your top... 16 heroes are basically carries (Maybe excluding balanced spirit)

Not a support in sight. Maybe you should man up and only support for 20 games. Because clearly going mid every game isnt helping you. I like carrying as much as the next guy but some times you have to bite the bullet and support like a mofo.

You cant complain that no one ever supports you because you almost never play support yourself.

Maybe give it a try

Hylian7

Hylian your top... 16 heroes are basically carries (Maybe excluding balanced spirit)

Not a support in sight. Maybe you should man up and only support for 20 games. Because clearly going mid every game isnt helping you. I like carrying as much as the next guy but some times you have to bite the bullet and support like a mofo.

You cant complain that no one ever supports you because you almost never play support yourself.

Maybe give it a try

Actually I win quite a few games lately. Going support is guaranteed to make me just lose more games, which is why I actively avoid it in ranked games if I can. I'm not good at support, there is a reason I don't play it in ranked. It's awful, I'm underleveled and underfarmed constantly, and the first one to die in any teamfight.

In unranked games I'll random ujsually, and stick with whatever I get, unless it is super countered by the other team. Yes, I even play a support if I get one.

Like I said, I've been winning most of my games lately, I just have the occasional absolutely horrible one like the one outlined above.

another sniper game another win.

Offlane sniper vs a void + lina + WD tri? Finish 9/2/14 with "i'm bored so I'll experiment" items like diffusal and basher. Sniper is Doto's Dr. Mundo. He goes where the fuck he pleases.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh god, I got stuck playing support tiny. Our last pick was puck, and we had PL, Axe, and Ursa. Was stuck lugging a quelling blade half the game to deward, at least I was able to get a bottle early on, so I could heal PL and Ursa. We were like 0-7 at one point and thought we basically were screwed.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1297901286

I just noticed our Ursa did basically nothing...

NBtoaster

landing the combo with nyx and then hopelessly pecking at the enemy with your pathetic right click as they run away with 150hp is the most annoying thing

he just needs a way to farm better and I'd use

Get an urn. I often end good nyx games with less than 30 cs, its not a hero you need to spend any amount of time farming on.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Change Nyx's name to Nyx Offlaner
Change Storm Spirit's name to Assassin Spirit

Boom, done. Now your optimal role fits your job title.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I played support riki. Found my self largely useless outside of the first 5 minutes and the last 8ish minutes of the game once I got Atos. Treant and Dazzle ruined a lot of my fun (Treant bought a gem pretty early, and it took a while to pry it from his hands).

Also, once again, Support Tiny is one of the most miserable things ever. Got enough mana for 1 damn spell. Spent over 2500 gold on Wards and Sentires that game.

sandy1297

Tried support Riki on smurf, get Dagon after Treads+Eul, ended up with SnY and Skadi :-/

too many KS potential with Backstab and Dagon

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1296502505

oh, and I mistakenly max Invis instead of Backstab first because I forgot the hotkey and only realise at level 7 when I noticed that I'm doing shitty right click damage

He needs something though.
Mana burn is a good counter spell, for a few heroes, carapace is nice but pretty situational imo, stun is very good but relies too much on placement (so blink if you want to make good use of it). Ult is.. outdated. Invis with big backstab ? Yeah that's too basic, it needs something more.

He's also very level hungry

Lion is a much better nyx imo.

I like FV, even with the nerfs.

Just wish my team would have fed less. Turned a 45 min game into an hour long affair

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1297883826

I mean I guess I could have farmed less, but whatever

Did you have enough mana for Jump + MoM + Chrono + Chrono?

Also, can somebody enlighten me how a Shadow Fiend fucking solo dies to a Storm Spirit pre level 6? He single-handedly fed the game away, at ~4,250 solo MMR at that.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1285988851 (I'm Tide)

Fucking ridiculous

edit: Going by his All Random matches right after, he apparently got into low prio because everyone on our team reported him for ruining our game lmao

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well that's one way to get people to buy sentries: Give hats

I wonder if there's any problem that can't be solved with the strategic application of hats.

Wok

Well that's one way to get people to buy sentries: Give hats

I wonder if there's any problem that can't be solved with the strategic application of hats.

Arcana effect.

47 wards to go... Just kidding, I was facing a Weaver teamed with 3 shadowbladed heroes (Drow Ranger, Enchantress, NightStalker)... I still bought stuff for the arcana...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom