• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acinixys

Did you have enough mana for Jump + MoM + Chrono + Chrono?

Also, can somebody enlighten me how a Shadow Fiend fucking solo dies to a Storm Spirit pre level 6? He single-handedly fed the game away, at ~4,250 solo MMR at that.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1285988851 (I'm Tide)

Fucking ridiculous

edit: Going by his All Random matches right after, he apparently got into low prio because everyone on our team reported him for ruining our game lmao

SF had like 75 %HP

Walked literally 1 unit from storm where all the radiant creeps could attack him. Ate 2 remnants, a pull and like 4 overloads to the face

Game is quiet sad

Storm is a terrible last hitter

SF had like 75 %HP

Walked literally 1 unit from storm where all the radiant creeps could attack him. Ate 2 remnants, a pull and like 4 overloads to the face

Game is quiet sad

Storm is a terrible last hitter

Thanks for checking the replay. The game felt very unevenly matched tbh. According to Dotabuff, Storm and SF were probably smurfs. I wonder if SF overcalibrated.

edit: PA had 22 last hits in 10 mins :/ Oh well, you win some you lose some.

Acinixys

Thanks for checking the replay. The game felt very unevenly matched tbh. According to Dotabuff, Storm and SF were probably smurfs. I wonder if SF overcalibrated.

edit: PA had 22 last hits in 10 mins :/ Oh well, you win some you lose some.

from the 10 minutes I watched Earth was the only amazing player

SF was terrible if he was smurfing. Ate so much damage from storm and got ganked so easily. There was only 1 hero visible at minute 5 but hes over the river last hitting, and then gets rekt by Storm + Rubick + ES

G.ZZZ

Sometimes you just have teammates that make you seriously question how the hell this is ranked and not anything above 1k MMR.

First pick Windranger, he wants to safelane for some reason. Weird, but I guess it can work. Then the next guy picks Drow and goes in the offlane. I pick Storm, my friend picks Axe, and then the last guy randoms.....Broodmother, and keeps it like a fucking dumbass. I had to buy the courier myself, we didn't have a single ward all game, I was too poor to afford them.

I had literally no space to farm, Skywrath was constantly on my ass, no way I could win my lane, I couldn't see him coming. Couldn't even farm jungle. Shit is a fucking joke and I wonder how these three idiots even breathe at the end of the day.

I have no idea why the WR still insisted on safelane despite us having a Drow, but then the BM pick turned everything on end regardless.

bsKkrS2.png

How the hell are these MMRs even correct?

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1297568857

No one give a shit about party MMR. I have 5k solo and 4.7k party and i always lose when i party queue with friends because i random a support usually.

Is the Axe crying emote the best in the game?

Whenever the blame game starts at the end of the game, I just do entire rows of the Axe crying emote and generally people just start laughing (or getting even more mad and I laugh). I've actually calmed people down using this emote.

Yea, probably my favorite emote. Emotes are one of the coolest features they added over the last year. Too bad they aren't default and not everyone has them. They really should make a starter pack that everyone gets right off the bat, even if it's just 4 emoticons to get started with the system and get people "hooked" on them. I was collecting all of them, but the lack of tradability on the TI gem emotes put a dead stop to that mission. Oh well.

Tieske

Neo Member
So reddit did a 6.84 wishlist but reddit is reddit
what's on some of our wishlists

- last attempt at tweaking Huskar, otherwise swapping back to his old concept and try to make that work

- give Alch some armour, make the regen component of his ult scale slightly better into lategame and perhaps give buff concotion brew time to 6 seconds (it's 5.5 now leaving you with 0.5 secs to get off the best stun)

- I think troll is very likely to get a nerf but I don't have an idea what's the best nerf to go with. Think the blind duration could use a tweak

- Shrapnel mana cost increase (will only tweak Snipers godlike laning stage, since he's got great int gain for an agi hero)

- make tusks punch suck less already. it's a great skill point at lvl 6, but the way the skill scales is terrible. Mana increase is too high for the cd decrease it gives (the slow scaling is okay, I guess ) and I just skip further points to have a maxed sigil at 13

Buff or change shit heroes (see unpicked carries, and some supports/offlaners that are never picked)
Nerf superpopular heroes a bit
Buff "average" (ie situational picks) heroes a bit to make them stand out

By shit heroes I mean heroes like Sven, naix, CK, bounty hunter, ursa, techies, pugna, spirit breaker

Superpopular heroes are obvious : sniper, troll, etc

Average heroes include DK, luna, kunka, gyro, nyx, enchantress, dark seer, alchemist, CM

Buff or change shit heroes (see unpicked carries, and some supports/offlaners that are never picked)
Nerf superpopular heroes a bit
Buff "average" (ie situational picks) heroes a bit to make them stand out

By shit heroes I mean heroes like Sven, naix, CK, bounty hunter, ursa, techies, pugna, spirit breaker

Superpopular heroes are obvious : sniper, troll, etc

Average heroes include DK, luna, kunka, gyro, nyx, enchantress, dark seer, alchemist, CM

Spirit Breaker ain't shit at all. One more buff and you get 2013's 6.78 SB again, No thanks.

DrPizza

Banned
I wonder if making Walrus Punch work like Culling Blade would be good. i.e. if the Walrus Punch is a killing blow, give it a zero cooldown.

Yes yes, please buff Techies. Since I started playing him seriously my win-rate has been steadily climbing, so please, buff him. More damage, less mana costs, sicker right clicks.

yeah, I've seen him picked alot in the pro scene recently. Especially in cis dota.

He's good in pubs as well especially since every pubs includes a Sniper these days.

here is my official shit list:

- Tusk
- Huskar (only useful in insanely unlikely niche situations)
- Alchemist (Alch on your team = 100% loss)
- CK (is one intelligence buff away from being good however)
- Sven (same, needs more mana, would be decent then)
- Dragon Knight
- Lich (wins lanes sometimes, loses games always)
- Pudge (sry Hylian, hero is bottom 10 tier ass)
- Ursa (Troll is better at everything he does lol)

Everyone else seems to have some sort of niche I think. These heroes though just get bested at what they do best by other heroes and it's really frustrating. CK however, I think is not that super awful. If he had mana to do stuff, he'd be decent. I'm pretty sure he's the highest 6 slotted DPS in the game as well.

inkls

He's good in pubs as well especially since every pubs includes a Sniper these days.

here is my official shit list:

- Tusk
- Huskar (only useful in insanely unlikely niche situations)
- Alchemist (Alch on your team = 100% loss)
- CK (is one intelligence buff away from being good however)
- Sven (same, needs more mana, would be decent then)
- Dragon Knight
- Lich (wins lanes sometimes, loses games always)
- Pudge (sry Hylian, hero is bottom 10 tier ass)
- Ursa (Troll is better at everything he does lol)

Everyone else seems to have some sort of niche I think. These heroes though just get bested at what they do best by other heroes and it's really frustrating. CK however, I think is not that super awful. If he had mana to do stuff, he'd be decent. I'm pretty sure he's the highest 6 slotted DPS in the game as well.

No love for LD? while alch has the 2nd lowest winrate, ld has the 4th

No love for LD? while alch has the 2nd lowest winrate, ld has the 4th

Don't play the hero at all tbh so I can't judge him particularly well. I know Fear and W33ha do well with him. He's super shit in our pleb MMR pubs and basically auto loss though, you are correct on that.

edit: Druid is really, really good vs Jugg which is why he was picked in those games if I remember correctly.

manfestival

Whenever the blame game starts at the end of the game, I just do entire rows of the Axe crying emote and generally people just start laughing (or getting even more mad and I laugh). I've actually calmed people down using this emote.

Yea, probably my favorite emote. Emotes are one of the coolest features they added over the last year. Too bad they aren't default and not everyone has them. They really should make a starter pack that everyone gets right off the bat, even if it's just 4 emoticons to get started with the system and get people "hooked" on them. I was collecting all of them, but the lack of tradability on the TI gem emotes put a dead stop to that mission. Oh well.

its the main reason I bought the despair pack for 50 cents when it was on sale. It is probably cheaper now but I havent looked into it

Lich has ~45% winrate in 56 pro games, I wouldn't buff him. I don't want to go back to the days of Lich first ban/pick.

Agree on the rest of that list, add Sylla though. I can't believe Ursa is still shit, I don't think he ever was viable except for Alliance level 1 Rosh strats.

Weren't 1.09 and a few other people saying ursa was easy mmr around the fury swipes change?

Troll was buffed ever since and is the actualy free MMR hero these days. Almost up to 58% winrate. I don't think any carry has ever gotten away with that high a pub win% without getting nerfed. Prime Jugg two patches ago had merely 55%.

6.78 Spirit Breaker had almost 60% winrate and it was easily the most miserable time of my life regarding Dota
Spectre was up to hilarious ~65% when the comeback gold mechanic was broken for one or two weeks. That was changed really quickly though. Spirit Breaker lasted an entire patch and basically ruined everybody's summer that year.

edit: Also early 2013 Drow Ranger was strong as hell rocking a ~58% winrate.

He's a good pub hero, I'm only talking competitive.

And I'll take OP SB over OP Huskar, fuck that asshole.

Ghost Sceptre Huskar was the most hilarious shit I've seen in Dota so far. I was obviously in the trench back then and people had no idea how to deal with that. I never played Huskar ever again (on my main) once that mechanic got removed which is why my winrate with him is stupid high:

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/54998164/matches?date=&duration=&faction=&game_mode=&hero=huskar&lobby_type=&region=&skill_bracket=

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

I haven't gone out of my way to collect them, but I got all the ones possible.

I think Valve really should just give everyone the TI4 emotes for free. Can a new player get them at all?

Add WW to Captains Mode

what could possibly go wrong

I think ES is close to CM ready as well, but lol Oracle.

I don't know about Oracle. I want to say he is underpowered, but I have the felling I'm likely way off base.

Tieske

Neo Member
ES is in no way ready for CM, hero still has no substantial weakness while offering so much

I think Oracle is in the same spot as TI3 Wisp was, potentially very strong hero that still needs to be shown off. Could go either way with him (hue)

ES is in no way ready for CM, hero still has no substantial weakness while offering so much

I think Oracle is in the same spot as TI3 Wisp was, potentially very strong hero that still needs to be shown off. Could go either way with him (hue)

Wisp is fine
ES is fine imo too, strong but fine. He's limited by his stone charges, just balance him by changing the cooldown on charges or max number of charges and he'll be ok

ES is a pretty level hungry hero, if you don't contest his lane he may stomp your ass, yeah.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I dunno why everyone conveniently misses off the 'with aghs' bit when they talk about laguna blade being pure damage

Is it just because linda has relatively good farm and it's assumed she'll just have it

inkls

I dunno why everyone conveniently misses off the 'with aghs' bit when they talk about laguna blade being pure damage

Is it just because linda has relatively good farm and it's assumed she'll just have it

some items are just assumed to be gotten on some heroes.

Hylian7

Earth Spirit is not ready for CM yet. This hero is super easy to either make super OP or completely useless, I honestly think it will be at least two more patches until we see ES in CM. That hero is still strong as all hell.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Also I don't see why 'gets melted by two heroes' is a reason why a particular hero needs a buff, that applies to almost any hero

The magic resist doesn't really kick in until he is low.

is it more efficient to open with DS and LSA and finish with LB or the other way around

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Ursa became kind of bad ever since the gold/xp rubber band was implemented. He has to snowball off an early xp/gold lead but he's also just one of those carries that will always be kill-able no matter his farm or levels. He goes in, kills 2-3 heroes ideally, then will most likely die (Huskar has a similar playstyle--once you go in, going out isn't an easy option like with say slark). It was a good trade no matter you're lead in 6.80; however, that's not the case anymore.

Meepo and Alch have somewhat similar but also different issues with the new xp/gold mechanics. All three heroes need to be buffed up to compensate though as the comeback changes hurt those 3 a lot more than the rest of the pool.

Also I don't see why 'gets melted by two heroes' is a reason why a particular hero needs a buff, that applies to almost any hero

Huskar is susceptible to physical damage, which is very popular in the current meta(Jugg, Troll, Lycan, SF, Bristle, etc), I don't know if he needs a big buff but he's not viable in 99% of lineups. Your opponent needs to draft a mostly magic damage lineup for it to be viable, and even then he's not that good. Again, talking competitive, literally anything can work in pubs.

Tieske

Neo Member
Wisp is fine
ES is fine imo too, strong but fine. He's limited by his stone charges, just balance him by changing the cooldown on charges or max number of charges and he'll be ok

ES is a pretty level hungry hero, if you don't contest his lane he may stomp your ass, yeah.

TI3 was the time when tether still stunned, and there was this (eventual mis)conception that Wisp wasn't op because the Chinese ignored it completely

In the end, two western teams ended up in the finals and I think Wisp was in every match on the winning side of the bo5. At that time, wisp wás broken (in competitive)

Oracle is in that seem spot, lotsa divided opinions. We'll see.
He does pretty much outclass abaddon > lvl 6

is it more efficient to open with DS and LSA and finish with LB or the other way around

You open with your magic based nukes against Huskar, regardless of what hero you play. Lina ends it with LB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom