• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's not.

I was watching s4 stack last night (EGM, Bulldong, SnithTV, a scrub ass Chen player) and they went 51-11 in what is probably a 5k+ MMR game.

And then in the next game they tagged in Zai.

When the players involved are that skilled and are actually playing seriously(read: not Sing stack or usual Bulldog stream) they can actually do whatever they want and still stomp completely. It's probably S4 that has the biggest influence I think, that guy has no chill, only plays his good heroes and with 100% effort.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He random'd Viper last night, it was hilarious.

The Storm on the other side was probably so sad. Literally 0 fun.

rexor0717

Alchemist should be given an Aghs upgrade that does nothing... except be stackable. Each Aghs he buys should give him all the stats and HP/mana. And he should be able to buy as many as he has gold for.

Alchemist can farm well. His ult has good uptime, and with his farm, he can dish out a ton of damage. His problem is his garbage stats gain; ever since the +hp of the ult was removed, he just got too squishy, too fast. The regen can't keep up.

Each Aghs gives 390 hp and 1.4 armour. His old +hp was 250/500/750, so two aghs brings him up to the tankiness he used to have. When run as a core, farming has never been his problem, so putting 8400 gold into essentially stats items shouldn't be too big a hardship.

I love this idea. Its super branches.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
have any of you even played with inkls storm? he never saves you even when he can just cuz he wants all the kills.

one time i saw him standing behind a tree nearby while i got dicked on by their support cm and then he jumped in and killed them when they had 3hp left and all i heard on teamspeak was him laughing for ten minutes straight

100% true story

kvk1

have any of you even played with inkls storm? he never saves you even when he can just cuz he wants all the kills.

one time i saw him standing behind a tree nearby while i got dicked on by their support cm and then he jumped in and killed them when they had 3hp left and all i heard on teamspeak was him laughing for ten minutes straight

100% true story

he recorded a video of himself doing something like this and then sent the webm to me on steam

rofl

inkls

100% true story

i mean, you died to a support cm hue

Randdalf

Enemy team were BM'ing us so hard when they were stomping the early game "ez mmr", "thx for free mmr" etc. You better believe we shit talked them even harder when we came back and won. Feels good.

shira

Enemy team were BM'ing us so hard when they were stomping the early game "ez mmr", "thx for free mmr" etc. You better believe we shit talked them even harder when we came back and won. Feels good.

cqdbGrL.gif

This is the best feeling in da world. 0-11 carry goes into jungle-mode.
"Defend highground! Look to my coming, at first light, on the forty-forth minute."
dlO98Jk.jpg

Does dotabuff+ track individual exp or gold graphs? I think that could be really useful

its not like you would go anyway shira u ultra mega super dodger

milkmanismyhero?
DsrA6Kc.gif

Big Dog

Classic evening of the network being offline. It even decided to come earlier than usual!

Edit: Came back so soon! Kreygasm

You know how to make Dota 1000% better? Ranking reset for everybody.

Resetting just for the sake of resetting is worthless. It implies that if only you could start over again you'd magically be ranked higher. Nope, your MMR is your MMR. It makes more sense to have seasons, however.

One of the best things about League of Legends ranked play is Seasons and end-of-season rewards (the higher the tier you finish, the better the set of free, unique shit you get that can't be obtained any other way). Valve would do well to follow their lead and make ranked play more meaningful than just a number.

Beardz

I'd still be put into 2500MMR.

that doesnt even make any sense

Resetting just for the sake of resetting is worthless. It implies that if only you could start over again you'd magically be ranked higher. Nope, your MMR is your MMR. It makes more sense to have seasons, however.

One of the best things about League of Legends ranked play is Seasons and end-of-season rewards (the higher the tier you finish, the better the set of free, unique shit you get that can't be obtained any other way). Valve would do well to follow their lead and make ranked play more meaningful than just a number.

I does make sense when you get paired with players with "only" 100 hours of play time.

MAYBE, if Valve consider not only the ranking but also the time you have played, the teams would be more balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom