• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvk1

Fucking terrible camera work in the base race, could have sworn merlini had it

The Magnus won that game.

I'm pretty sure he caught three in an RP while Dire was trying to throne it. That was stoppage enough for Radiant to take it.

bbd23

rofl merlini team already lost?

holy shitttt
cBj1LTf.png

so when youre near me darling cant you hear me sos

the love you gave me nothing else can save me sos

when youre gone how can i even try to go on

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
so when youre near me darling cant you hear me sos

the love you gave me nothing else can save me sos

when youre gone how can i even try to go on

i mean the only reason this isn't the best pop song of all time is because abba wrote other songs too tbh

Carlius

Banned
you know...it really baffles my mind, why people go radiance FIRST on spectre. such a great early game hero with the right items. thats the last time i let someone else play spectre in captains mode besdes me. terrible. absolutely terrible.

Quesa

Got to reddit front page, queues in very high for the first time, steve sung abba

It was a good dota week for me

Chris R

steve sung abba? give video plz BibleThump

also, techies games where you don't get many kills/assists but the other team spends $6k on detection feel good.

There are few better feelings in dota

than blinking in as shaman, hexing the enemy initiator for 3.5 seconds

and shackling the enemy carry next to them and watching both die helplessly under the barrage of hellfire that your team unleashed upon them.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair...D=1&siteID=AKGBlS8SPlM-vP4HzMfAb4hz47ARCOzrsQ

K70 RGB with Cherry Browns is back in stock. It's been OOS since early January. If you want one, now is the time. They're very hard to find.

Huskar mid vs sniper

i dont know why he kept coming back, anytime he showed up I just pressed R and won.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1300708321

laugh.gif
one of the scariest snowballing heroes in the game. maybe THE scariest.

That's a very cool look behind the scenes.

shame they don't come more often. blogging with some regularity breeds appreciation and patience. 2 things that Valve's long dev and update cycles could really use more of.

Haunted

What is this, communication? A full dota 2 blog about bugfixing.

http://blog.dota2.com/2015/03/various-pathfinding-fixes/
That's a very cool look behind the scenes.

shame they don't come more often. blogging with some regularity breeds appreciation and patience. 2 things that Valve's long dev and update cycles could really use more of.
Absolutely. From reading that entry, you can easily imagine that it was made just because one of the programmers was so happy to finally squash that bug that he really wanted to talk about it. :D

finally watched the ppd draft videos from the DAC eg/secret and eg/vg games

interesting how he noted they discovered during the tournament that they played much better when they were positive and optimistic rather than harping on their own mistakes...

also he pretty clearly appreciates aui a LOT

Hylian7

Okay....how the fuck do you win as Storm vs Warlock mid? This seems like an impossible lane. I couldn't even approach the creep wave as one Shadow Word had me down to nothing....

I had to fuck off and innefficiently farm the jungle before 10 minutes because there was no lane I could farm in.

Showing up to teamfights was pointless when I couldn't even get Orchid and BKB up, as I would just die instantly.

I've thought about it, I'm fucking stumped. This seems impossible and I have no idea how to salvage the game. Any ideas?

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1300846972

Okay....how the fuck do you win as Storm vs Warlock mid? This seems like an impossible lane. I couldn't even approach the creep wave as one Shadow Word had me down to nothing....

I had to fuck off and innefficiently farm the jungle before 10 minutes because there was no lane I could farm in.

Showing up to teamfights was pointless when I couldn't even get Orchid and BKB up, as I would just die instantly.

I've thought about it, I'm fucking stumped. This seems impossible and I have no idea how to salvage the game. Any ideas?

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1300846972

ask your safelane farmer to trade lanes.

Warlock destroys in lane. Not much can really be done, in my experience.

Hylian7

ask your safelane farmer to trade lanes.

Warlock destroys in lane. Not much can really be done, in my experience.

I did, he wouldn't do it :(

He was also the only one that blamed me for losing the game and "being garbage" for losing that lane, then saying 'LOL 3/8 STORM"

I did, he wouldn't do it :(

He was also the only one that blamed me for losing the game and "being garbage" for losing that lane, then saying 'LOL 3/8 STORM"

This is part of why I don't play mid. Match ups are way too important. I hate picking a hero and then the next enemy pick promises I'll have a shit game. This is also why I play slark.

Nymerio

I think I've lost like 1 out of 10 games with the Axe/WD offlane I play with my friend. It's ridiculous in my potato bracket. That combo is the most fun I've had in the game in ages.

I think I've lost like 1 out of 10 games with the Axe/WD offlane I play with my friend. It's ridiculous in my potato bracket. That combo is the most fun I've had in the game in ages.

Try out Axe/Dazzle. Omni's the obvious Axe combo, but Dazzle is just as fun as WD imo.

Watching Merlini play DOTA 2 is super weird for me considering I have only ever seen him commentate or present matches.

Uh he streamed A LOT. And that's obviously discarding back when he was still playing dota1 but that was a while ago so I'd get not seeing that, but he was getting solid numbers of viewers when he was streaming random pubs and stuff in dota2. I guess he had times where he didn't stream for a while though, but his stream was very informative in general, he'd explain his thought process on item/skill choice or what he was doing while playing, which is pretty cool.

Nymerio

Try out Axe/Dazzle. Omni's the obvious Axe combo, but Dazzle is just as fun as WD imo.

We tried both but I like wd more than the other two. The heal bombs with dazzle and omni are nice but I found wd heal + urn more effective in terms of healing. You don't have the damage component of the other two but wd does good right click damage early on and you still have cask. WD ulti also plays really nice with axe calls and the cooldown is really good. Cask is also great if you cast it towards the end of a call.

Hylian7

I don't get why people like to stream snipe. The Jugg on my team did it last game and I was tired of listening to it and muted him. Of course it didn't matter as he was off doing his own thing 90% of the time, but we did still win.

Out of curiousity, I tuned into one of their streams after the match and introduced myself in chat.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1301117487

Anyway, it was a good game.

Hylian7

are you okay?

People stream snipe to win games, pretty simple. Also if you have your Twitch in your user name you're actually asking for it.

Of course, just takes the fun out of, you know, actually winning the game.

Yeah, having your Twitch in your name is dumb. Also a trend I don't understand. Then again, given Twitch is like, what a minute behind, all you can really tell from it is wards. Beyond that most of it is "well no shit sherlock". Like right off the bat that Jugg was saying "They're planning on camping you mid." Well yeah, they have a VS, I would expect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom