• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Drakken camp would be the only ancient camp that's actually easier to kill with magic damage than with physical, because of it's evasion. The other camp seems so similar to the golem camp that they might as well not add it.

Kade

You guys seem to have your heads on straight when it comes to quality anime and many other topics and I trust you guys the most out of the GAF communities I browse so I'll ask here. I have unlimited bandwidth now so I can start binging on shit with no consequences outside of my health and what little is left of my social life. I activated a Crunchyroll free trial and might start paying for it if I find stuff I end up liking. Now, I don't know much about anime and what's hot as it's not something that -- thanks to the bandwidth issues -- I really consume a lot. What I can do is list what I like and what I don't like and hope that you recommend me something that I can add to category A. Recommend me that good good.

What I like:
(Some of) Death Note
Serial Experiments Lain
Mecha anime
Cyberpunk anime

What I hate:
Magical sister shit
Moe shit
K-On

Aldnoah.Zero and Parasyte look the most appealing so far but more AniRecs (short for anime recommendations) would be great. Thanks.

To make this Dota related:
facepalm.gif

do you think you nerds could PM replies to him so that this thread doesn't turn into anime thread

thanks in advance for ignoring this post

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
do you think you nerds could PM replies to him so that this thread doesn't turn into anime thread

thanks in advance for ignoring this post

Neon Genesis Evangelion is by far the best anime ever created and there is literally no reason to ever watch anything else.

If you haven't seen it then you haven't lived.

Also some people with good tastes have talked about JoJo before so sure probably that.

edit this would have gone for like 4 posts and then back to dota but now its already a long chain of people talking about not anime

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dennou Coil
Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
Gundam 08th MS Team
Mobile Fighter G Gundam
Gundam Build Fighters (first season)
Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still
Eve no Jikan
Ghost in the Shell (1995 film, Stand Alone Complex, 2nd Gig, Innocence)
Gunbuster
Akira
Mononoke (2006 TV series)
Ping Pong

I anime when I want.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Yeah keep anime out of here

tin truth right here

I agree with this post. Post of the month in this thread

ibrlpml4j7i1H9.gif

Neon Genesis Evangelion is by far the best anime ever created and there is literally no reason to ever watch anything else.

Also some people with good tastes have talked about JoJo before so sure probably that.

edit this would have gone for like 4 posts and then back to dota but now its already a long chain of people talking about not anime

ibqPzfqRS1cCA2.gif

abunai

pokemon is the only good anime

e: on a non-shitposting matter, is there any big LAN event coming up soon? feels like DAC was ages ago.
e2: wow it was only a month ago never mind then

pokemon is the only good anime

e: on a non-shitposting matter, is there any big LAN event coming up soon? feels like DAC was ages ago.
e2: wow it was only a month ago never mind then

LOL it's not even busy season yet

17 days till Major Allstars LAN
40 days till MLG Columbus
52 days till Dreamhack Bucharest
59 days till TI5 invites
71 days till Summit 3 LAN
102 days till Dreamhack Jonkoping
109 days till ESL Frankfurt
139 days till TI5 groupstages
158 days till TI5 grandfinals

***+2 starladers, +MLG, +D2CL, +whatever China does

from like 6 days ago so adjust accordingly

I feel like that post was a trap to get people banned

Bringing up anime in a thread should be a bannable offense. That shit needs trigger warnings.

Hylian7

Since I've been on a Storm kick lately, I really like the series of videos Blitz has been doing on Storm vs different difficult matchups for him.

He did QoP and Viper, Qop I was particularly wondering about as I've always found her tough, not Lina or Warlock tough, but definitely hard to lane against: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-KrbDp4vsU

These videos are really informative though and I highly recommend them.

Kade

Is there a launch option command to get the New Bloom 2015 start up screen and menu background? I liked them a lot.

Low Tier

Monster is fantastic. Fate/Zero was beautiful, but season 1 was horrendously paced. Gurren Lagann is like one of those guilty mindless animes that's fun to watch. FMA is like one of those classics you have to watch. Episode 25 and 26 of evangelion were god awful, but end of evangelion was a much better take

Bolognese or carbonara with my pasta tonight ? I really can't decide and can't trust FoodGAF on this one. It seems like the dota OT is the highest authority on this matter.

Hylian7

We need to be like reddit and make a True Dota 2 thread because the OT has gone to shit.

I click this and this is the first thing I notice:

http://www.reddit.com/r/TrueDoTA2/comments/2yg4u8/looking_for_advice_on_controlling_game_tempo_as/

Story of my life sometimes. I have seen games like this where I can't do everything by myself, and this is basically why they lost this one.

I really wish we could do something about the common pub mantra of "mid no gank gg". If they see you coming and you can't get anything, it's a waste of time. People don't realize this so damn often, and if you go there and die trying, it definitely isn't worth it. This is why I think the best mid "gank" strat on a farm hero like Storm is to just have a TP and rotate if your team needs you. You don't have to put yourself in a bad situation, you help your team, farm efficiently, and maybe even pick up kills out of it.

Now I think there are a handful of mids where ganking is there game, taking priority over farming, like Pudge, Puck, etc. Storm isn't one of them contrary to popular belief.

Ok people, level with me.

What are the chances Winter Wyvern makes it to Captain's Mode in time for The International? Quickly becoming one of my favorite heroes.

She is in a good spot balance wise right now so yes I think she could be in CM by TI. I just hope they pick her.

Vade

Lifting Dota Gaf aka Guidos, how do I hit my traps harder? I have been doing barbell shrugs and using a smith machine to get up to heavier weight without having to worry of dropping that shit. Also been doing some bent-over lat raises. What else should I add in?

Kade

I want to apologize for ruining this thread. I am very sorry to anyone wanting to read this thread with the express purpose of gaining insight about Dota 2 (heroes, items, builds, theory crafting, etc.) but found themselves reading anime and sauces. I set a terrible precedent with my request for AniRecs (short for anime recommendations) that a handful of posters have chosen to follow. I apologize to the moderation team and everyone. If I have made any problematic posts in any of the other Dota 2 OTs, I apologize for those as well. I wasn't using my brain and there is absolutely no excuse for my actions. Again, I am sorry for any damage I have caused to the quality of this thread.

shira

from like 6 days ago so adjust accordingly

Major Allstars March 20-22
t1426870800z1.png

MLG S1 April 10-12
t1428685200z1.png

Starladder 12 & Dreamhack Bucharest April 24-26
t1429894800z1.png

May 1 TI INVITES
t1430499600z1.png

Red Bull Battle Grounds in SF May 10
t1431277200z1.png

Summit 3 May 13-17
t1431536400z1.png

i-League 3 May 19-24
t1432058400z1.png

TI5 Qualifiers (Last week of May)
t1432573200z1.png

Dreamhack Jonkoping June 13-16
t1434214800z1.png

ESL-ONE Frankfurt June 20-21
t1434819600z1.png

TI5 July 20- August 8
t1437411600z1.png

***+2 Star Ladders, +MLGS2, +D2CL, +whatever China does
TtQKxEi.gif

Acinixys

I wish Blitz had gone to BTS, because he actually has useful things to say.

In the Dota Today podcast Blitz said he went to JD because their studio is in Germany, while BTS is literally 5 minutes from his house and he wanted a change of scenery/to have a year in a different country to chill out and enjoy life

Sorry that is a disgustingly long run on sentence

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So C9, Eg, and secret have dropped out of we play since it keeps getting delayed, I guess we got another Star Ladder 12 on our hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom