• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
23FyBZh.png

Ranked game.....what a fucking joke
Do you know that dota can be fun?
04493D04E53B5A2A7364ACC449F5D308D48A05B6

Fuck this shit is just too painful

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1308348488

Techies pudge were a duo stack, fucking sucked and did nothing all game but miss hooks and speak russian on voice chat
Tiny thinking he's hot shit, gets a blink and then wanders forever in the enemy jungle without an agro ward to setup kills so he ended up doing nothing for 10 minutes

Hylian7

well not with that attitude you cant

Spare me that bullshit, it is literally impossible with what we were up against without some major throw going on. You guys say games are lost at the pick screen all the time when people post Dotabuffs in here. You guys are delusional to think this one wasn't.

Pillow, you are posting an old picture, they patched out fun in 6.77
Hey that's around when i stopped playing!(Probably not)

I just realized how nice the heroes look without silly hats.

Literally the only way we could have won this game was if the other team completely threw it. They came close to that, but not quite. You guys have to realize sometimes you straight up lose at the pick screen.
Not really youre wrong as fuck.

Spare me that bullshit, it is literally impossible with what we were up against without some major throw going on. You guys say games are lost at the pick screen all the time when people post Dotabuffs in here. You guys are delusional to think this one wasn't.

dude thats insane

thats a literally an insane statement

also i dont do that soooo

we've gone over this a million times

i mostly play ar

nothing is instant loss or instant win unless youre either a. super mega 420 eg pro or b. stuck in your ways and refuse to look at something a different way

Go ahead and please tell me, other than "automagically last to 50 minutes and come out with four farmed carries"
Against that team, you split the map as best as possibly. Wards are really important here cause they have strong gankers, the best thing to do is to buy wards even if you're playing the drow(although there arent any many players with the discipline to do this.) Earth spirit needs to play very very well. That team probably has a 70-30 odds, but it can go a lot higher with exceptional play. Also not posting on gaf during the game prob helps as well.

Hylian7

Against that team, you split the map as best as possibly. Wards are really important here cause they have strong gankers, the best thing to do is to buy wards even if you're playing the drow(although there arent any many players with the discipline to do this.) Earth spirit needs to play very very well. That team probably has a 70-30 odds, but it can go a lot higher with exceptional play. Also not posting on gaf during the game prob helps as well.

I was Earth Spirit, none of us did well, we all knew we were screwed. Lanes were PA top, NP jungle, Drow mid, with Troll and I bottom.

Pratfall

We knew we already lost. Dota 101 is to not pick four fucking carries. For fucks sakes people, how do you guys not know this.

you bought 2 wards the whole game and built a midas, i know you hate support hylian but sometimes you have to play unselfishly to win games. A 4 carry lineup isnt helped by a 5th carry.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Look, you get bad drafts, but you gotta work with what you got. I had to play posission 6 poverty tiny and hard carry Mariana vs jugg and brew the same day, was able to struggle though it and win.

Hylian7

you bought 2 wards the whole game and built a midas, i know you hate support hylian but sometimes you have to play unselfishly to win games. A 4 carry lineup isnt helped by a 5th carry.

The only reason I built the midas was because if we were making it to late game, it was gonna pay for itself. Sure, I suppose I could have bought more wards, but Kaolin is hard to get by with being poor.

inkls

Go ahead and please tell me, other than "automagically last to 50 minutes and come out with four farmed carries"

The only reason I built the midas was because if we were making it to late game, it was gonna pay for itself. Sure, I suppose I could have bought more wards, but Kaolin is hard to get by with being poor.

huh? isn't that kind of contradictory lol?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

While I agree that the odds were heavily stacked against you...

This was a poor call. You needed to go hard on the support and trust your team to not be shitlords because an item'd out Earth in late game isn't going to do jack. The strategy that would've maximized your chances of winning was:

1) Secure early game
2) Hope you make it to late

You weren't playing Storm. You couldn't just ignore your team and go into "I'm going to farm up muh items" mode. This is not how you play position 5, not even how to play position 4. You ask "what could I have done to win this game?" a lot in these threads and I'm telling you now: You could've been a real support for your team, even if that means increasing your chances of winning by a meager 5%

But you threw that away because you don't understand what supporting is nor why it's necessary. It's not your fault that the rest of your team is shit, of course, but it is your fault for not playing at maximum efficiency, regardless of how bad your team is. I mean, you're in the 4k bracket now. It's time you wised up on this front.

Here, I'll draw a little table showing how I would've looked at this game, as moderately competent Earth Spirit:
Code:
              |    Shitlords      |   Not Shitlords
No Support    |       10%         |        30%
Heavy Support |       15%         |        40%
1-protect-4 can win. Not all the time, and probably not even half the time, but I've lost more than one game to a 1-protect-4 comp because they hunkered down and did what they needed to do to win (while my team didn't). And a lot of that rests on the 1 being a stellar support, not pretending to be another core because then they wind up as 0-protect-5.

Hylian7

huh? isn't that kind of contradictory lol?

While I agree that the odds were heavily stacked against you...

This was a poor call. You needed to go hard on the support and trust your team to not be shitlords because an item'd out Earth in late game isn't going to do jack. The strategy that would've maximized your chances of winning was:

1) Secure early game
2) Hope you make it to late

You weren't playing Storm. You couldn't just ignore your team and go into "I'm going to farm up muh items" mode. This is not how you play position 5, not even how to play position 4. You ask "what could I have done to win this game?" a lot in these threads and I'm telling you now: You could've been a real support for your team, even if that means increasing your chances of winning by a meager 5%

But you threw that away because you don't understand what supporting is nor why it's necessary. It's not your fault that the rest of your team is shit, of course, but it is your fault for not playing at maximum efficiency, regardless of how bad your team is. I mean, you're in the 4k bracket now. It's time you wised up on this front.

Here, I'll draw a little table showing how I would've looked at this game, as moderately competent Earth Spirit:
Code:
              |    Shitlords      |   Not Shitlords
No Support    |       10%         |        30%
Heavy Support |       15%         |        40%
1-protect-4 can win. Not all the time, and probably not even half the time, but I've lost more than one game to a 1-protect-4 comp because they hunkered down and did what they needed to do to win (while my team didn't). And a lot of that rests on the 1 being a stellar support, not pretending to be another core because then they wind up as 0-protect-5.

I honestly don't know how people even support as ES, there's buying wards then what? You need levels with this hero or you are absolutely useless.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wards, runes, courier, dewarding, ganking, peeling, stacking, pulling...

I agree without levels he's pretty useless but you know what's even more useless? Cores without the space to farm. DOTA is a game of economy and a supports job is to maximize economy for the carries. If you're getting gold and exp, that's potential gold and exp that's NOT going to your cores. If you have four cores, they're just going to have a really difficult time being of any use at all.

You need to realize that you cannot apply the most general mindset of a role or a hero to every single situation. There are rules of thumb strategies, but there is no "best" strategy or "one size fits all" strategies. There are always exceptions, and this team you landed on was one of them.

sixghost

I honestly don't know how people even support as ES, there's buying wards then what? You need levels with this hero or you are absolutely useless.

You are playing a pub, not a professional match. Pull, maybe gank if the lanes are right, and position yourself well in teamfights and you'll get levels as a support. Even if you are getting crushed, all it takes is their over leveled mid being an idiot for 10 seconds to feed you 2 or 3 levels with a good tp reaction.

they call me the Dr dota and i prescribe to you hylian that you play 20 straight number 6 support

buy wards every time theyre up, pull and stack camps, finally get not brown boots at like 15 mins

i bet your mmr raises no joke

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
they call me the Dr dota and i prescribe to you hylian that you play 20 straight number 6 support

buy wards every time theyre up, pull and stack camps, finally get not brown boots at like 15 mins

I already tried to tell him to do that, he refuses.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
so does it mean i'm basically guaranteed to be a pro in a couple of months since all i play at the moment is position 5 support, badly

Hylian7

Nope cause I wouldn't play it in ranked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom