• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

How is tinker even going to lane this

Black safe
Qojqva mid
bulba off
pieliedie support
wayto support

Also bump for 1v1 deets here

Black safe
Qojqva mid
bulba off
pieliedie support
wayto support

Also bump for 1v1 deets here

they kicked jerax?

I was about to say that Black deserves better, but there isn't really a tier 1 western team that needs a carry. He'd be an upgrade for a lot of them but not enough to shuffle a team around, and EE/xboct aren't getting kicked for various reasons.

man i think specter might be worst than alch right now.
Whats the best build for her now anyway? is it still the 20 minutes please-baby-sit-me-till-i-get-radiance? vangaurd first ? skadi rush + mom?

Black safe
Qojqva mid
bulba off
pieliedie support
wayto support

source?

Hylian7

from over a month ago! impressive! and in the last thread! so over 262 posts of yours in this one not having that

hylian we all love you

we all want to see you succeed

you just make it really tough sometimes with your attitude

people have been trying to help you for literally years and you will still fight tooth and nail to defend yourself on poor plays and getting into long drawn out discussions over the dumbest shit (example last page)

just accept some advice, try new things, be more open, have fun for once

Hylian7

from over a month ago! impressive! and in the last thread! so over 262 posts of yours in this one not having that

hylian we all love you

people have been trying to help you for literally years and you will still fight tooth and nail to defend yourself on poor plays and getting into long drawn out discussions over the dumbest shit (example last page)

I do, and also last page wasn't even started by me FYI

shira

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1308346869

6 hours ago he started queing on USE

they kicked jerax?

I was about to say that Black deserves better, but there isn't really a tier 1 western team that needs a carry. He'd be an upgrade for a lot of them but not enough to shuffle a team around, and EE/xboct aren't getting kicked for various reasons.

Jerax went to Korea.

TT actually has a very good chance to qualify in the NA region. I don't know what Valve's rules are but it looks like they got a teamhouse with all that Twitch-Amazon money.

from over a month ago! impressive!

hylian we all love you

this is true.

I also think it's perfectly reasonable for someone to defend themselves or try to explain what they were thinking when they did or bought something that impacted the game for good or bad. Particularly when suddenly attacked (or when they feel attacked). There are rarely right or wrong ways to do things in Dota2; simply different ways (which may or may not work from match to match). To the degree that advice is offered, it should also be offered with a bit of compassion and a genuine attempt to understand why something was done.

Lastly, learning how to give and accept criticism is one of the most difficult life lessons for leaders (been there, done that...which is why I try my best to encourage and compliment in all my matches as often as possible and in my real business in life), let alone random-ass nerds in a gaming forum who often seem to relish in returning some of the bullying they've received in life to randoms on the web behind the veil of anonymity. Criticism is very hard to take and even harder to give in a constructive, safe way...which is why I assume more people don't post here asking for advice. People want to get better at the game but don't want to be made to feel like shit along the way from people barely better than they are.

I'm sure he'd agree he can improve how he absorbs critiques. I think everyone else can agree that the manner in which they deliver critiques could probably use a similar level of improvement. After which everyone will be better off and people will be more likely to ask for feedback and more likely to incorporate offered advice into their future play.

Hylian7

I didn't want to do this, but I guess I have to since TommyT seems to have me blocked on Steam or something and probably via PM too (It didn't show when he was playing a game hours ago, and a friend told me, so I watched it, and now it says he's a lvl 11 Viper...that was like three hours ago or something). Real classy, you block me for no fucking reason over a fucking dota match but instead will gladly post on NeoGAF. Anyway I tried to send him this but I have no idea if he actually got it or not.

Just want to point out that you were the one that started this whole stupid thing and decided to take it public on GAF. Dotabuff says anonymous and I asked about the game knowing that. You were still wrong about the strategy to win that game and you need to understand the importance of farm, but you clearly don't, and would rather just be a baby about it and blame me when I actually had the right approach. You never farm in games anyway, and you call me unable to adapt.

Hylian you do realize literally every person in this thread is super tired of reading your whiny posts right. Like maybe you think the snarky comments are in good humor but they're totally not. It's fucking annoying.
Don't speak for me. It's -- as you so gallantly put it -- "fucking annoying."
Tell that to him, he started these whole shenanigans.
Dude you should take a break from dota. I'm not saying that to be condescending, but you've been ramming your head against the proverbial MMR wall for a while and I can't imagine it's not getting to you. Play something else for a while. Or play normals and fuck around.
you guys need a time out
This whole thread needs a god damn babysitter.

Hylian7

Dude you should take a break from dota. I'm not saying that to be condescending, but you've been ramming your head against the proverbial MMR wall for a while and I can't imagine it's not getting to you. Play something else for a while. Or play normals and fuck around.

It certainly comes across as condescending. I love Dota, it's great. Sometimes it is frustrating as all hell, regardless, I play to win.

It certainly comes across as condescending. I love Dota, it's great. Sometimes it is frustrating as all hell, regardless, I play to win.

I honestly don't mean it to come across as such. In seriousness, trying to reach a goal and not being able to reach it (winning a match, hitting an MMR goal, etc.) can be super stressful and frustrating. I know when I grind dota with the purpose of gaining MMR (without success) I just get more and more touchy about the whole thing. In my experience actively forcing myself to take a break from that helps me to reground myself and then come back to the task at hand with a more level perspective. And usually greater success.

If you're still gonna take this as condescension I apologize, but these are my honest thoughts on the matter. Wishing you the best, regardless.

Hylian7

I honestly don't mean it to come across as such. In seriousness, trying to reach a goal and not being able to reach it (winning a match, hitting an MMR goal, etc.) can be super stressful and frustrating. I know when I grind dota with the purpose of gaining MMR (without success) I just get more and more touchy about the whole thing. In my experience actively forcing myself to take a break from that helps me to reground myself and then come back to the task at hand with a more level perspective. And usually greater success.

If you're still gonna take this as condescension I apologize, but these are my honest thoughts on the matter. Wishing you the best, regardless.
Fair enough thanks for the advice, although I still disagree mostly.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ill interrupt the drama with:

Sing ‏@Sing2X 4m4 minutes ago
What lines would you want to hear in an announcer pack? (without being vulgar you fucks)

Sing sing announcer pack.

Now back to the drama

Satch

Banned
i have a question

so, i played an inhouse (kinda) with botty against moblin and supes, and supes picked juggernaut and i randomed DK

and he would use omnislash on me and i would just stand and wait for it to end because it did fuck-all for damage, and then i'd kill him. i realized DK is just so innately tanky because of dragon's blood, and it made me wonder: how come nobody picks him now that juggernaut is so popular?

like... is it just because he's kinda vanilla or what?

i have a question

so, i played an inhouse (kinda) with botty against moblin and supes, and supes picked juggernaut and i randomed DK

and he would use omnislash on me and i would just stand and wait for it to end because it did fuck-all for damage, and then i'd kill him. i realized DK is just so innately tanky because of dragon's blood, and it made me wonder: how come nobody picks him now that juggernaut is so popular?

Personally think the hero is pretty shit against any comp with decent teamfight controllers. If you can kill the other 2 cores before DK kills your team, it's fight won every single time. He's too low on wave clear to repel pushes, so if you get rid of the other threats, you can just zone him out with CC and take as many towers as respawn times alow. Not really sure though, I don't understand that hero nearly as well as I feel I should.

Low Tier
i have a question

hero's shit. now slardar, that is a man's hero.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
next time i post in this thread i will make sure to post riveting content about how my teammates were determined to feed and then we lost the game through no fault of my own, and i will post sexy cosplay and i will also participate in the weaboo dota 2 waifu culture

FUCK ME MEDUSA!

as a means of maintaining the integrity of the dota 2 thread on neogaf dot com with the recycled OP from the last thread, i promise i wont flame my friends anymore in here daddy big dog :(

i do

Just stop posting it's what the cool kids do

BHK3

Banned
legion commander im sorry 2 say, she sucks..... disappointed in valver ight now

I still have no clue why pros said she was good before she went into CM she was OK but not "lol so good so broken", because of that she got nerfed so hard...though since then pros kinda stopped talking about the new heros and just let them slowly roll into captains mode so they can try them out.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
LC is trash.

I love her. I await the day I can pick her without feeling like I'm throwing the game.

DsrA6Kc.gif

These emotes are the best they make me so much more expressive, thanks matt.

Acinixys

Farming mids win games, that's why I play the ranked.

I play supports sometimes in unranked, but I know I'm not good enough to take them ranked, which is why I don't play them in ranked.

Hylian you seem like a really intense and passionate guy

But this is the wrong attitude to have about the game man. Good players can play in every role. If you feel uncomfortable playing supports, play more supports in ranked. You might lose a few MMR points but you will grow as a player

This "i dont play supports cuz im bad" is a weaksauce excuse. I say just take the plunge and support IN RANKED for 10 games.

It might seem daunting, but its worth it. You might surprise yourself

I still have no clue why pros said she was good before she went into CM she was OK but not "lol so good so broken", because of that she got nerfed so hard...though since then pros kinda stopped talking about the new heros and just let them slowly roll into captains mode so they can try them out.

LC is only good vs Brood

Using OO on Brood + 40 spiders is the funniest shit in the game

Tieske

Neo Member
Does this thread actually have something like a guild or chat is that reserved to the cool kids that dont actually post anymore

O and hylian that unranked advice is actually the best. You'll get matched with so many fucking troll smurfs that eventually those people in ranked are gonna seem like your best buddies

BHK3

Banned
Passive-disabling duel was broken as fuck though
"oh hey PA, let me activate blademail and fuck you hardcore with just level 6"

They could've just given LC truestrike for her dual, like how snipers headshot is truestrike. Neither make sense but anything to fucking hurt that broken assassin.

Madouu

You'd think the other heroes would've realized by now that all they have to do to deal with blur is aim at the head instead of wasting money on a 5k+ gold item

They could've just given LC truestrike for her dual, like how snipers headshot is truestrike. Neither make sense but anything to fucking hurt that broken assassin.

But PA is garbage.
Get a magic burster and a hero with hard instant lockdown and she's just fucking dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom