• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least animu gave us this
DkX4mDw.gif
Yeah that's not good either. Pretty awful even.

Realized yesterday how good blademail is against bloodseeker. Get ruptured ? Blademail, fuck him up. Same if he just auto attacks you with bloodrage on, he gets fucked hardcore

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
They could've just given LC truestrike for her dual, like how snipers headshot is truestrike. Neither make sense but anything to fucking hurt that broken assassin.

Well, its a headshot, you don't headshot a dude and then somehow also miss them. Do you even 360mlgnoscope?

Acinixys

Why are there no black pro players in Dota? It's because black people come from mostly nomadic cultures and white culture is based on farming communities, so white people fit more naturally into Dota's farming-orientated playstyle.

Reddit ladies and gentlemen

Nah SD isn't really fun honestly
Teamfighting consists of initiating or saving with disruption, using ult on an annoying hero, if you're lucky you hit soul catcher on a target that matters

Then you just blow up. He's too much utility focused to feel exciting imo.

There are more boring heroes though.

abunai

Well I enjoy position 4/5 more than carrying, so maybe that lends a factor to my enjoyment. However, when I've played him recently there's just always been tons to do, at all stages in the game. Asides from the normal pub-support duties like warding, rotating and whatever. Last minute clutch disruption saves, body blocking enemies with the disruption illusions, clearing enemy jungle stacks with poison, blink/force all over team fights, spamming poison, dishing out insane damage with the ulti and soul catcher. He's just a really active hero when you've got a good lineup to take advantage of the space he can make. He's not immensely more fun than any other hero that has a similar toolset but I just forgot that I enjoyed him as much as I did in recent games.

manfestival

I feel like my play style is too aggressive to be a carry in most situations and the teams that I am a part of in pubs are not able to follow up with my actions. so I tend to stick to supports and offlaner people who dont have to push the envelope but can also initiate

TommyT

I didn't want to do this, but I guess I have to since TommyT seems to have me blocked on Steam or something and probably via PM too (It didn't show when he was playing a game hours ago, and a friend told me, so I watched it, and now it says he's a lvl 11 Viper...that was like three hours ago or something). Real classy, you block me for no fucking reason over a fucking dota match but instead will gladly post on NeoGAF. Anyway I tried to send him this but I have no idea if he actually got it or not.

Tell that to him, he started these whole shenanigans.

Lol... I didn't realize we were dating. Come on, son. If I can quote your posts on GAF that means you're not ignored and can send a PM. The fuck is this shit?

edit: And lol @1v1 mid then flaming. YuGaiz.gif

--[Non DV master-class level here] Hylian, I encourage you to watch the replay of that solo ranked game I'm Viper (vs. a Storm that rarely leaves lane). It might even be interesting to look at CS/GPM/XPM/etc.; but I have not so I don't know if there's any correlation to positives or negatives. Also take into consideration our lineup vs theirs (especially when our team would reach it's best window to win vs theirs) and how that changes the skill, build, and role of mid. As well as us having a carry that would do well with lots of farm and how he handles our early/mid game window vs their late/ultra late. Farming is not always the answer. This game, while pure happenstance of timing, is a good example of adapting to a game as it comes along and plays out. While an equal MMR game, you could say our draft was better than theirs; but only for specific timings to win.

Question for all: Is there any way no to have a reply show chat? Would be great in this example. Aside from recording your own game you can't pull that off though, right?

I still have no clue why pros said she was good before she went into CM she was OK but not "lol so good so broken", because of that she got nerfed so hard...though since then pros kinda stopped talking about the new heros and just let them slowly roll into captains mode so they can try them out.

Er, did you play 6.81 LC? Her laning was broken. I remember reading a Reddit thread that said her nuke maxed dealt more damage than an Echo Stomp. She won almost any mid match up.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i'll never stop fuming about dota in this thread

Well I enjoy position 4/5 more than carrying, so maybe that lends a factor to my enjoyment. However, when I've played him recently there's just always been tons to do, at all stages in the game. Asides from the normal pub-support duties like warding, rotating and whatever. Last minute clutch disruption saves, body blocking enemies with the disruption illusions, clearing enemy jungle stacks with poison, blink/force all over team fights, spamming poison, dishing out insane damage with the ulti and soul catcher. He's just a really active hero when you've got a good lineup to take advantage of the space he can make. He's not immensely more fun than any other hero that has a similar toolset but I just forgot that I enjoyed him as much as I did in recent games.

i don't hate support, but i'm not very good at it so like half of those things aren't on my list, and that mostly just leaves shadow demon's abilities which are all basically boring to me

abunai

Everyone should just go play hotline miami 2 when it's out in a few hours

i don't hate support, but i'm not very good at it so like half of those things aren't on my list, and that mostly just leaves shadow demon's abilities which are all basically boring to me

Yeah man I can understand, if i used him as a babysitter i'd not play him haha

Pratfall

i'll never stop fuming about dota in this thread

toe, we will play SD leshrac roaming combo and you will see the fun of striking fear into the hearts of your enemies

Quesa

whoever posted about Lucy you are right

I went into that movie with super low expectations and still ended up profoundly disappointed. Awful awful awful.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
if you want to see a good sci-fi movie with ScarJo in, see Under the Skin

qlgjyxZ.jpg

one of the most profoundly striking and unsettling films i've ever seen

completely incredible

toe, we will play SD leshrac roaming combo and you will see the fun of striking fear into the hearts of your enemies

let's DO ET

I think bane is a better setup, no way to fuck it up unless a ranged support takes nightmare off, shouldn't happen too often

Dazzle bombs are GOAT tho

Hylian7

I'm pretty sure it's a joke, so likely something on inner city culture.

I wish it was a joke, but sadly it isn't.

For those of you just now joining us.

*insert that image Lionel Mandrake usually uses*

On Sunday, March Eighth of the year Twenty Fifteen, I played a match with fellow GAFfers/regular stack people TommyT and Stuntman: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1306057414

TommyT was on the Bounty Hunter, Stuntman was on the Disruptor, I was on Storm Spirit.

Now the game went to hell in a handbasket real fast for a few reasons, the main reason being how badly we lost the draft. We had a Drow and Storm, and their latest carry was a Slark. We could beat these guys lategame, so the solution was to farm and see them lategame, avoiding fights. TommyT disagreed, so much to the point where he decided to deafen himself in the mumble when he saw things were not going as planned. He asked for ganks before this, and I tried once, they saw me coming, it didn't work out. They had a QoP with the fast track to Orchid and an Axe with Blink. Me initiating on anyone was a risky proposition with no BKB as that Orchid would be my downfall. So the idea was to farm, as hunting for kills would be suicidal.

So I farmed, and not badly given the situation we were in as you can see, however the Drow not only didn't farm, she had poor item choice, as she could have gotten an HotD instead of S&Y and stacked camps, and theoretically ancients and caught up that way. The Sand King was also really bad, but that's a whole different beast.

The game ended, and I noticed TommyT was gone from the party, so I reinvited him. He responds with something like "Nah, not until you learn that every game is different and not a farm fest." and started queueing for his own match. I told him he was incorrect about the last match, but he insists on not admitting he was wrong.

I posted the Dotabuff on GAF and asked for opinions on the match, knowing that both TommyT and Stuntman were anonymous on Dotabuff, only saying "I had an argument with a friend about this." TommyT insisted on coming in here and saying it was him and proceeds to argue with me in the thread about this, even going so far now as to block me on Steam over a fucking Dota game. It's absolutely assinine.

Bottom line is that he doesn't realize that he does not farm enough and that Dota has changed since he started playing it. Farming wins games, especially when you are playing from behind. The sooner he realizes that, the better.

kvk1

hylian, the Wings update for E:D is hitting the servers in like an hour

forget about this stupid stressful game and get your space pew pew going

Hylian7

Lol... I didn't realize we were dating. Come on, son. If I can quote your posts on GAF that means you're not ignored and can send a PM. The fuck is this shit?

edit: And lol @1v1 mid then flaming. YuGaiz.gif

--[Non DV master-class level here] Hylian, I encourage you to watch the replay of that solo ranked game I'm Viper (vs. a Storm that rarely leaves lane). It might even be interesting to look at CS/GPM/XPM/etc.; but I have not so I don't know if there's any correlation to positives or negatives. Also take into consideration our lineup vs theirs (especially when our team would reach it's best window to win vs theirs) and how that changes the skill, build, and role of mid. As well as us having a carry that would do well with lots of farm and how he handles our early/mid game window vs their late/ultra late. Farming is not always the answer. This game, while pure happenstance of timing, is a good example of adapting to a game as it comes along and plays out. While an equal MMR game, you could say our draft was better than theirs; but only for specific timings to win.

Question for all: Is there any way no to have a reply show chat? Would be great in this example. Aside from recording your own game you can't pull that off though, right?

First of all, assuming this is the game you were playing as Viper yesterday, I watched a bit of it live. I'm not as home so I can't check if this was the only Viper game you played, so I could be talking about the wrong game here, but that Storm had pathetic farm when I checked, and I noticed they were losing quite badly. I think the correlation shows clearly there. Now it's possible I could be talking about the wrong match.

As for your other question, I'm not sure what you mean? You can see the all chat log if you have Dotabuff plus, and can see it in the replay? I think there's a button to turn off chat in replay, but I don't remember.

hylian, the Wings update for E:D is hitting the servers in like an hour

forget about this stupid stressful game and get your space pew pew going

I'm at work all day, so I can't play it until I go home later. I wish it would automatically download like Steam.

DrPizza

Banned
whoever posted about Lucy you are right

I went into that movie with super low expectations and still ended up profoundly disappointed. Awful awful awful.

Literally the worst film I saw last year. Monumentally fucking bad. It made Limitless look intelligent.

What really blows my mind is that Lucy still had 60-something percent on Rotten Tomatoes. A bunch of reviewers basically felt that since Morgan Freeman was delivering a (absolutely moronic) lecture, that the film must be somehow deep and intelligent and saying something important and meaningful.

It fucking wasn't. It was atrocious. The trailer showed literally the only good bit (early on when she fights the rapey dude imprisoning her).

Pratfall

I think bane is a better setup, no way to fuck it up unless a ranged support takes nightmare off, shouldn't happen too often

Dazzle bombs are GOAT tho

nightmare is an easier setup but bane is much more mana intensive and has worse int gain than SD which makes the roaming duo slightly less efficient. bane is faster tho which is nice for catching people out.

I wish it was a joke, but sadly it isn't.

For those of you just now joining us.

*insert that image Lionel Mandrake usually uses*

On Sunday, March Eighth of the year Twenty Fifteen, I played a match with fellow GAFfers/regular stack people TommyT and Stuntman: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1306057414

TommyT was on the Bounty Hunter, Stuntman was on the Disruptor, I was on Storm Spirit.

Now the game went to hell in a handbasket real fast for a few reasons, the main reason being how badly we lost the draft. We had a Drow and Storm, and their latest carry was a Slark. We could beat these guys lategame, so the solution was to farm and see them lategame, avoiding fights. TommyT disagreed, so much to the point where he decided to deafen himself in the mumble when he saw things were not going as planned. He asked for ganks before this, and I tried once, they saw me coming, it didn't work out. They had a QoP with the fast track to Orchid and an Axe with Blink. Me initiating on anyone was a risky proposition with no BKB as that Orchid would be my downfall. So the idea was to farm, as hunting for kills would be suicidal.

So I farmed, and not badly given the situation we were in as you can see, however the Drow not only didn't farm, she had poor item choice, as she could have gotten an HotD instead of S&Y and stacked camps, and theoretically ancients and caught up that way. The Sand King was also really bad, but that's a whole different beast.

The game ended, and I noticed TommyT was gone from the party, so I reinvited him. He responds with something like "Nah, not until you learn that every game is different and not a farm fest." and started queueing for his own match. I told him he was incorrect about the last match, but he insists on not admitting he was wrong.

I posted the Dotabuff on GAF and asked for opinions on the match, knowing that both TommyT and Stuntman were anonymous on Dotabuff, only saying "I had an argument with a friend about this." TommyT insisted on coming in here and saying it was him and proceeds to argue with me in the thread about this, even going so far now as to block me on Steam over a fucking Dota game. It's absolutely assinine.

Bottom line is that he doesn't realize that he does not farm enough and that Dota has changed since he started playing it. Farming wins games, especially when you are playing from behind. The sooner he realizes that, the better.

tl;dr bounty hunter shit hero

edit : I must insist on the "no way to fuck it up" about nightmare setup. this is a huge thing. Even pros fuck up disruption setups...
As for the mana regen, meh, get 2 clarities early and use them when switching lanes, then with the gold from kills you can just go soul ring + brown boots, it's enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom