• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I would say there needs to be at least 15-16 interested players?

I can help with management stuff and I'll play on godking desu, who is at 4.1k.

No intention of being captain though. I remember the last time I captained for IHL I just drafted all my favorite waifus. Pretty sure we lost.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
And before we get the "BU BU BU ANBOKR MUMBLEGAF N ALL THE GOOD PLAYRS JUST GUNA STAK AND STOMP ME," no, with the format we have in mind, all the "good" players will be taken in the first round of the draft and spread around. It's just like an NBA/NFL draft in the sense that one team can't just draft 1,2,3,4 players straight off their tier list.

Hypothetically, one captain might have done some good scouting and put together a solid sleeper team, and maybe another drafted all his lower mmr buddies for fun, but hey, that's just down to individual captains. Teams will change season to season, but I think it's more fun to have one team/identity that you practice and play with for the "season."

I would say there needs to be at least 15-16 interested players?

I can help with management stuff and I'll play on godking desu, who is at 4.1k.

With the way I want this to work, we're going to need 28-40ish sign ups minimum.

Vade

How do we prevent Shuggananas, I mean Emberspirit, I mean Meeru from playing? Or is that the secret goal every captain is given if you find Meeru you get an automatic seat to the grand finals?

TommyT

Then literally what does that have to do with the post you quoted? Absolutely nothing.

He assumed I was the SK. I can't have people thinking I support that bad. I need them to know when I play support. I support!
00YaZGk.png

/something

bbd23

oh muh goodness ori comes out in 6 hours on steam

GOODBYE DOTO

also I wanna join league :) problem is...I kinda can really only play at like midnight due to work...rofl. yeaaaaaaaaa
cBj1LTf.png

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
oh muh goodness ori comes out in 6 hours on steam

GOODBYE DOTO

also I wanna join league :) problem is...I kinda can really only play at like midnight due to work...rofl. yeaaaaaaaaa
cBj1LTf.png

even on weekends? "official" games would probably take place fri - sun, once per week (captains free to pick their time)

And before we get the "BU BU BU ANBOKR MUMBLEGAF N ALL THE GOOD PLAYRS JUST GUNA STAK AND STOMP ME," no, with the format we have in mind, all the "good" players will be taken in the first round of the draft and spread around. It's just like an NBA/NFL draft in the sense that one team can't just draft 1,2,3,4 players straight off their tier list.

Hypothetically, one captain might have done some good scouting and put together a solid sleeper team, and maybe another drafted all his lower mmr buddies for fun, but hey, that's just down to individual captains. Teams will change season to season, but I think it's more fun to have one team/identity that you practice and play with for the "season."

With the way I want this to work, we're going to need 28-40ish sign ups minimum.
Having solid teams has always been my favorite. I really liked that about HONIHL1.

bbd23

Yea weekends too..but sundays at around 10!

actually I might be able to do some morning/early afternoon games.

retail sucks. (especially during liquidation...RIP Target Canada)

Haly

It does solve the drafting issue but there will be attendance problems.

One of the constraints for team formation should be active times.

Haly

It was funny last night but now it's kind of grating.

This is the equivalent of all chat rage. Keep it in team please.

DrPizza

Banned
If there is enough interest for a legit ihl2, I say we pretty much just copy rd2l but for gaf, so:

*everyone signs up
*depending on number of signups, we get a group of captains (min 3.5k mmr+)
*inhouse period where ppl just play with each other and get a feel for everyone playing
*captains' draft players (teams of 7-8), ideally everyone should be drafted (if enough captains)
*scrim period
*actual season - teams required to play one bo2 (captain's mode) per week (predetermined schedule for who is facing who), captains free to schedule the game anytime fri-sun
*playoff season

GG, good format for some peeps that want to dig into some captain's mode with other gaffers.

The spreadsheet isn't difficult, I can do it swift if there's enough interest and enough people actually sign up. Spreadsheet will just be for players/questionnaire (i.e. steam id, mmr bracket, preferred role, dotabuff etc...)--making it easier to keep track of players and for captains to draft. ideally we get an amateur league ticket so people can see the stats for fun on dotabuff.

also get on steam u fuck
Sounds good. Where do we sign up?

Toilet-tier MMR, hate anime, love hats.

Demoli

If there is enough interest for a legit ihl2, I say we pretty much just copy rd2l but for gaf, so:

*everyone signs up
*inhouse period where ppl just play with each other and get a feel for everyone playing
*captains' draft players (teams of 7-8), ideally everyone should be drafted (if enough captains)
*scrim period
*actual season - teams required to play one bo2 (captain's mode) per week (predetermined schedule for who is facing who), captains free to schedule the game anytime fri-sun
*playoff season

GG, good format for some peeps that want to dig into some captain's mode with other gaffers.

The spreadsheet isn't difficult, I can do it swift if there's enough interest and enough people actually sign up. Spreadsheet will just be for players/questionnaire (i.e. steam id, mmr bracket, preferred role, dotabuff etc...)--making it easier to keep track of players and for captains to draft. ideally we get an amateur league ticket so people can see the stats for fun on dotabuff.

also get on steam u fuck

I'm down for this

No, Drow was too busy feeding and building shit items she couldn't farm with, because you can sure as hell stack camps remotely with an S&Y. Nobody was taking the farm I took, so I took it. Farm wins games, and would have won this one.

the fact that she finished SnY instead of Manta or BKB vs an Orchid QoP really says everything that needed to be said about that Drow.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
It does solve the drafting issue but there will be attendance problems.

One of the constraints for team formation should be active times.

Hence why teams will consist of 7-8 people and 'official' games will be constrained to fri-sun. This first season would be an experiment to see how many captains are actually able to schedule times in a decent manner. If it becomes too hard to schedule, we'll just set 1 or 2 days at most and a 3-4 hour play period to make it a little more strict.

TommyT

Hence why teams will consist of 7-8 people and 'official' games will be constrained to fri-sun. This first season would be an experiment to see how many captains are actually able to schedule times in a decent manner. If it becomes too hard to schedule, we'll just set 1 or 2 days at most and a 3-4 hour play period to make it a little more strict.

Oohh... that makes it more appealing now.

rac

Banned
Now you've just trailed off into utter nonsense, not that what you were saying made much sense before.
There was no need for you to post a dotabuff and talk about some unnamed gaffer. You two had a disagreement about a game where you two were clearly frustrated. Learn to let some shit go.

Hylian7

There was no need for you to post a dotabuff and talk about some unnamed gaffer. You two had a disagreement about a game where you two were clearly frustrated. Learn to let some shit go.

I was gathering input on the game. He was the one that made shit hit the fan and decided to block me over it. I'm ready to let it go. He's not though.

Manus

*everyone signs up
*scrim period
*playoff season

also get on steam u fuck

I'd def be down for this.

TommyT

Really now? Then why did you do it?

What's it got to do with you posting for opinions on the match in question which requires bringing it up?
whoo.png

It's k. I appreciate you tryin to handle ur shit. But my offlane pudge >> ur pudge. There everyone's happy now
Oh man, it's funny you bring that up! At one point I was meaning to find him a reply of D3XTR playing offlane pudge with Merlini, to show how fun it was; but never did. Should link one.

So what happens if over 5 players on a team are able to play a game? Captain chooses who to use? I don't think that'll happen often but it might lead to lower skill players on a team never getting to play.

What's it got to do with you posting for opinions on the match in question which requires bringing it up?
whoo.png
Tommy T lay off the emoticon shit he can't handle them properly both of u fucks stop talkin bout that shit In the thread. We all get it. U 2 are --- we know...

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So what happens if over 5 players on a team are able to play a game? Captain chooses who to use? I don't think that'll happen often but it might lead to lower skill players on a team never getting to play.

Captain will choose and be encouraged to rotate players (i.e. a captain who never rotates players if the same 5 show every week won't be chosen to captain next season).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom