• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

I'd sign up for IHL but I'd never get picked (because I suck) and would just sit around ending in disappointment. If I ever did get picked I'd be so nervous and not wanting to screw up that I'd be an even bigger screw up :(

They still haven't actually confirmed Key Arena for TI5 have they?

Nope, but where else would it be?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Nope, but where else would it be?

I dunno, but it seems weird to deliberately leave it out of the announcement when they said the dates and Seattle. Key Arena doesn't have any other events during that time but it'll be annoying if I book a hotel and it ends up being somewhere else.

Chris R

I wish it'd be in Europe just once :(

You'd think there'd be a decent chance of it happening what with Dota being extremely popular here and most players being European but no...

You mean twice? TI1 was in Germany

The event is in Seattle, that much is certain. I'd just get a hotel downtown like I did last time

IF I WERE ABLE TO GO ;_; ;_;

You mean twice? TI1 was in Germany

The event is in Seattle, that much is certain. I'd just get a hotel downtown like I did last time

IF I WERE ABLE TO GO ;_; ;_;

Oh okay, that was actually the first time I saw Dota.

Seattle is just so goddamn expensive for a poor student.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Rules, format, and scheduling aren't set in stone. I want to see exactly how many people sign up before finalizing all the finer details. The league will be all inclusive, so please don't feel intimidated if you are low skill/MMR (or high for that matter). If you've ever wanted to be part of a team and play some tryhard pseudo-competitive CM games every once in awhile with fellow gaffers, then this is the place to do it. It will be loads of fun :).

As I'm just gauging initial player interest/sign-up numbers, you do not have to fill out the entire sign-up form. Just throw down your name so I know you're interested and fill in the rest later when we have more details.

Spread da word, and let's get this going. Shooting for a minimum of 25 peeps, ideally we get 40-60 :).

rac

Banned
My fear for ihl is that it just fades away but I have complete faith in bokr to lead us to the promise land.

The only one prolonging this is him. He wants to sit there and spout his bullshit over this match, I guess that's his own dumbass decision.

Also I have yet to see a logical explanation of how offlane Pudge isn't bullied out of lane even easier than mid pudge.
Offlane pudge is good because he's one of the few offlaners that can properly countergank and secure a kill thru hook. And if you can get levels (harder on dire) then you zone out other supports cause of the levels in hook ur getting. pudge is a threat even at lvl 1cause they have to be afraid of the hook especially when you're gonna be hooking them into tower. But all of this don't mean shit if you suck and can't hit ur hooks when u need them. Also going blink first on that hero is ass. The best build is tranqs stout euls force then whatever you need for the game. You rely on the regen from all those items and you don't get as much from just like blink bottle urn. Although urn is nice on the hero. Basically less risk more reward with euls force

Yeah, the second one isn't so bad, he just needs a setup in that scenario.

he doesn't even need setup. his presence alone creates space. if you don't see Pudge, you literally can't walk into CS range. he is probably the best space creation hero in the game if you play him from the support position.

Hylian7

Offlane pudge is good because he's one of the few offlaners that can properly countergank and secure a kill thru hook. And if you can get levels (harder on dire) then you zone out other supports cause of the levels in hook ur getting. pudge is a threat even at lvl 1cause they have to be afraid of the hook especially when you're gonna be hooking them into tower. But all of this don't mean shit if you suck and can't hit ur hooks when u need them. Also going blink first on that hero is ass. The best build is tranqs stout euls force then whatever you need for the game. You rely on the regen from all those items and you don't get as much from just like blink bottle urn. Although urn is nice on the hero. Basically less risk more reward with euls force

Makes some sense, I still don't think it's great but at least now I see where you're coming from here.

I've always been a fan of Tranqs on Pudge. Kind of disagree on the no Blink though, as the utility of a Blink Dismember is so good. Euls I can see though.

he doesn't even need setup. his presence alone creates space. if you don't see Pudge, you literally can't walk into CS range. he is probably the best space creation hero in the game if you play him from the support position.

The same thing happens with mid Pudge...yet people crap on that one...

Makes some sense, I still don't think it's great but at least now I see where you're coming from here.

I've always been a fan of Tranqs on Pudge. Kind of disagree on the no Blink though, as the utility of a Blink Dismember is so good. Euls I can see though.

The same thing happens with mid Pudge...yet people crap on that one...
I mean blink is good but so many people suck when they buy it. Like blink dismember is good but why do I need to blink when I can euls them and get a hook. I hardly ever feel the impact a blink has unless it's a Chinese pudge cause they are normally on their shit. Why am I making my hooks harder with blink when I can set up my hooks with ease. You know you can hook cycloned targets

Edit: and mid pudge is ok but not that good cause of the popular mids these days. He loses a lot of those matchups so that's shit

Hylian7

I mean blink is good but so many people suck when they buy it. Like blink dismember is good but why do I need to blink when I can euls them and get a hook. I hardly ever feel the impact a blink has unless it's a Chinese pudge cause they are normally on their shit. Why am I making my hooks harder with blink when I can set up my hooks with ease. You know you can hook cycloned targets

Edit: and mid pudge is ok but not that good cause of the popular mids these days. He loses a lot of those matchups so that's shit

You can hook targets but you still are losing out on the Pure damage.

I usually have a pretty good impact with Blink.

also should the sign ups be in gaming?

who browses gaming community?

i hope we get some new blood or at least madden gaf

I love to draft but I'm not a good captain when the game is going, I'll stick to giving suggestions on picks and bans.
i dont even make calls

all my players are better than me they know what theyre doing

Hylian7

You can time the hook to where you still get the damage. Yeah well I haven't seen it. Ihl2 u can show me or embarrass yourself

Then why did you mention you can hook out of cyclone? It still seems a risky proposition as it's entirely possible that even if you are a milisecond off, they could have mashed their escape spell.

Then why did you mention you can hook out of cyclone? It still seems a risky proposition as it's entirely possible that even if you are a milisecond off, they could have mashed their escape spell.

Hooking isn't all about the damage. You can still hook while the Euls is going and it works, if you time it just right as they're falling you get the damage too.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I'll make a second signup thread in gaming when tswift gets home later. I want him and some other peeps to look over the OT before I post it over on Gaming. You only need to signup once (so if you signed up in the community thread, you're fine). Sign up in the community thread below if you're interested in IHL2 and some captain's mode doto. Just because these things tend to get buried quickly, imma be spammin this!

Cause you can and its necessary sometimes to get a kill especially when you have your team near. I'm not gonna tell you to watch my replays but Offlane pudge is a thing. Maybe not in your skill level tho. Probably not cause you guys think it sucks.

rac

Banned
Cause you can and its necessary sometimes to get a kill especially when you have your team near. I'm not gonna tell you to watch my replays but Offlane pudge is a thing. Maybe not in your skill level tho. Probably not cause you guys think it sucks.
Is it better than bounty hunter kappa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom