• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbd23

Burden just beat NIP

surprise.gif

Hylian7

Dat reading comprehension.
manny.png

Yes I get you made a reference to the Earth Spirit game, haha.

You quoted a post referring to the game in question, where you bought Blink Dagger and then say you "don't rush items", and you didn't really have anything in that game, which was one of the reasons we lost (garbage Drow and SK aside).

Not farming on cores and buying dumb items can't carry you through every game. I don't know why you don't understand that.

TommyT

Yes I get you made a reference to the Earth Spirit game, haha.

You quoted a post referring to the game in question, where you bought Blink Dagger and then say you "don't rush items", and you didn't really have anything in that game, which was one of the reasons we lost (garbage Drow and SK aside).

Not farming on cores and buying dumb items can't carry you through every game. I don't know why you don't understand that.

Dude
cRrfDdi.png
. Let me break it down like a fraction: When I play support, I buy support items. Was I playing support in the game in question? Nope. Ipso facto, I'm not talking about that game and making a general statement.

Hylian7

i wrote up like half a post about this nonsense again and then closed the tab

Go ahead, I'd actually like to see input other than these dumb basketball and anime emotes.

Dude
cRrfDdi.png
. Let me break it down like a fraction: When I play support, I buy support items. Was I playing support in the game in question? Nope. Ipso facto, I'm not talking about that game and making a general statement.

Then literally what does that have to do with the post you quoted? Absolutely nothing.

Hylian7

Hylian, why does your drow have no farm, yet you do? Did you steal all of Drows farm?

No, Drow was too busy feeding and building shit items she couldn't farm with, because you can sure as hell stack camps remotely with an S&Y. Nobody was taking the farm I took, so I took it. Farm wins games, and would have won this one.

I am in favour of all dotagaf disputes being handled by 1v1s.

50/50 for first pick.

Winner of cointoss picks side or first round's character. 2 rounds/character and swap sides. bo3 characters.

Lets go boys. If steve won't stream it I will.

No, Drow was too busy feeding and building shit items she couldn't farm with, because you can sure as hell stack camps remotely with an S&Y. Nobody was taking the farm I took, so I took it. Farm wins games, and would have won this one.

anyways half the people who make hotd don't bother to stack with it

edit : 1v1 is retarded and for kids

Hylian7

I am in favour of all dotagaf disputes being handled by 1v1s.

50/50 for first pick.

Winner of cointoss picks side or first round's character. 2 rounds/character and swap sides. bo3 for characters.

Lets go boys. If steve won't stream it I will.

How would you pick the third hero or is it just SF automatically?

anyways half the people who make hotd don't bother to stack with it

Share the creep? I would have gladly done the stack for her if she did it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What company is in Kirkland, Washington and would be looking to make a new game enigine to license out? Because I got a recuritment email for a possition I'm grossly unqualifed for, but I'm now intrested in who the company would be.

Alright. Who the fuck in here is good with making spreadsheets n shit? We need to make one so that we can have a list of people And their mmr wanting to play ihl2

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Alright. Who the fuck in here is good with making spreadsheets n shit? We need to make one so that we can have a list of people And their mmr wanting to play ihl2

If there is enough interest for a legit ihl2, I say we pretty much just copy rd2l but for gaf, so:

*everyone signs up
*depending on number of signups, we get a group of captains (min 3.5k mmr+)
*inhouse period where ppl just play with each other and get a feel for everyone playing
*captains' draft players (teams of 7-8), ideally everyone should be drafted (if enough captains)
*scrim period
*actual season - teams required to play one bo2 (captain's mode) per week (predetermined schedule for who is facing who), captains free to schedule the game anytime fri-sun
*playoff season

GG, good format for some peeps that want to dig into some captain's mode with other gaffers.

The spreadsheet isn't difficult, I can do it swift if there's enough interest and enough people actually sign up. Spreadsheet will just be for players/questionnaire (i.e. steam id, mmr bracket, preferred role, dotabuff etc...)--making it easier to keep track of players and for captains to draft. ideally we get an amateur league ticket so people can see the stats for fun on dotabuff.

also get on steam u fuck

if there is enough interest for a legit ihl2 i say we pretty much copy rd2l but for gaf so:

*everyone signs up
*inhouse period where ppl just play with each other and get a feel for everyone playing
*captain's draft players (teams of 7-8), ideally everyone should be drafted (if enough captains)
*scrim period
*actual season - teams required to play one bo2, captains free to schedule the game anytime fri-sun
*playoff season

gg, good format for some peeps that want to dig into some captain's mode with other gaffers

the spreadsheet isn't difficult, i can do it swift if there's enough interest and enough people actually sign up. spreadsheet will just be for players/questionnaire (i.e. steam id, mmr bracket, preferred role, etc...). ideally we get an amateur league ticket so people can see the stats for fun on dotabuff.

also get on steam u fuck
I'm happy with this.

semi-related: Inkls what's your MMR? if we play together I'm sniping your captain every time.

if there is enough interest for a legit ihl2 i say we pretty much copy rd2l but for gaf so:

*everyone signs up
*captain's draft players (teams of 7-8), ideally everyone should be drafted (if enough captains)
*scrim period
*actual season - teams required to play one bo2, captains free to schedule the game anytime fri-sun
*playoff season

gg, good format for some peeps that want to dig into some captain's mode with other gaffers

Agreed. Alright you guys show some fucking interest so we can finally have an ihl

*everyone signs up
*scrim period
*playoff season

the spreadsheet isn't difficult, i can do it swift if there's enough interest and enough people actually sign up. spreadsheet will just be for players/questionnaire (i.e. steam id, mmr bracket, preferred role, dotabuff etc...)--making it easier to keep track of players and for captains to draft. ideally we get an amateur league ticket so people can see the stats for fun on dotabuff.

also get on steam u fuck

Sounds fun. I am down.

manfestival

If there is enough interest for a legit ihl2, I say we pretty much just copy rd2l but for gaf, so:

*everyone signs up
*captains' draft players (teams of 7-8), ideally everyone should be drafted (if enough captains)
*scrim period
*actual season - teams required to play one bo2 per week (predetermined schedule for who is facing who), captains free to schedule the game anytime fri-sun
*playoff season

GG, good format for some peeps that want to dig into some captain's mode with other gaffers.

The spreadsheet isn't difficult, I can do it swift if there's enough interest and enough people actually sign up. Spreadsheet will just be for players/questionnaire (i.e. steam id, mmr bracket, preferred role, dotabuff etc...)--making it easier to keep track of players and for captains to draft. ideally we get an amateur league ticket so people can see the stats for fun on dotabuff.

also get on steam u fuck
I am 3.4k right now. I am unqualified. WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?!

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
i just made up the 3.5k number, but there should be a decent cutoff point so we don't get too big a disparity between captains (i.e. a 5.5k captain vs a 2.5k captain), and also so people don't go nuts QQing: "ZOMFG MY CAPTAIN IS 1.5K MMR FUK DIS SHIT I AIN'T LISTENIN 2 HIM"

I havnt play ranked since i got calibrated like a year ago and now i am 90% in very high skill bracket according to DB....so what mmr would that make me?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Ideally, you can still sign up if you don't play ranked, as long as your dotabuff is public. MMR isn't mandatory (but nice), but a public dotabuff would be so captain's can see exactly who they are drafting. Also helps prevent smurfing.

Well looks like there's some initial interest, so I'm going to talk with swift whenever he gets on steam and maybe we'll put together a preliminary sign-ups OT today to get a feel for how many people actually want to play or are interested in an IHL. If there are enough sign-ups/interest, we'll go through with making the rest of the league :).

Big Dog

I havnt play ranked since i got calibrated like a year ago and now i am 90% in very high skill bracket according to DB....so what mmr would that make me?

That makes you unquestionably above 3.7k I think. Surely you would be higher though if you have so many games in there.

And this shit better finally happen. Been waiting too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom