• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

scarybore

Heroic performance from miracle, but everyone else was too starved of farm and couldn't step up. Liquid played really well though, nothing against them. Just hope OG can get another win against Newbee tomorrow.

Qvoth

322 build
TadkV.gif

Miracle is too good for his team. There is not a single team so reliant on a single player. Then he might well be the mechanically best player in the scene.

Notail wouldn't pass as a carry on any other top 10 team for instance.

Twookie

they need to swap up their drafting/picks or something i think

I doubt OG would kick notail/fly considering they made the team

Twookie

lol purge

"mind control did almost as much damage as tinker did"

tinker did 79.9k damage to heroes compared to mind control's bristlebacks 36k damage to heroes

Miracle is too good for his team. There is not a single team so reliant on a single player. Then he might well be the mechanically best player in the scene.

Notail wouldn't pass as a carry on any other top 10 team for instance.

Miracle is too good for every team, I can't name 4 players that are at his mechanical skill level. Fly and Crit are very strong players though, N0tail is way too unreliable.

Twookie

i think aghs was definitely the pick that game, he probably wouldn't do it every time

oh it definetly was, i was talking about the aghs pickup in his games in general and not just that particular game

Where did you get the 79.9k from? Purge's statement is correct according to Dotabuff. I have never seen 80k hero damage ever.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2362849384/combat

maybe I read that wrong but it DOES say "Dealt to Heroes" over the stats

aeolist

Banned
i don't think n0tail's play was entirely the problem that game, brewmaster was just a bad pick. they already had enough control from doom and bm, they needed more physical damage. preferably from a tanky str carry who can build silver edge to get through bristle.

also the panel was right that doom should have gone aghs. bristle was just too much of a problem that game.

i don't think n0tail's play was entirely the problem that game, brewmaster was just a bad pick. they already had enough control from doom and bm, they needed more physical damage. preferably from a tanky str carry who can build silver edge to get through bristle.

also the panel was right that doom should have gone aghs. bristle was just too much of a problem that game.

notail is not very good at farming. I feel like he would do better on a role that requires less farm and suits his skills better. I think it's fair to say that Moonmeander is the more efficient farmer of the two for example. Not saying they should switch it up because I'm not sure how Notails off laning is but generally, your pos 1 should be the best farmer on your team really.

At some point, he had almost exactly one third of Druid's and Bristleback's net worth. I know they were behind but I absolutely refuse to believe it was impossible for him to be more farmed than that.

Hylian7

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2362849384/builds

miracle likes to go aghs on tinker aswell, not sure if there is other pros that go aghs on tinker
Aghs Tinker is great, especially vs illusion heroes, Meepo, or entire teams of right click in general. I used it against a Meepo that was wrecking us at first last night, and we brought it back that way.

I notice that after Blink, he got Aether Lens, then Aghs, then Bloodstone. The Aether Lens and Aghs weren't in his final inventory. Is Aether Lens disassembleable? I figured he probably broke they down for Bloodstone, but I didn't think Aghs could be broken down.

aeolist

Banned
Aghs Tinker is great, especially vs illusion heroes, Meepo, or entire teams of right click in general. I used it against a Meepo that was wrecking us at first last night, and we brought it back that way.

I notice that after Blink, he got Aether Lens, then Aghs, then Bloodstone. The Aether Lens and Aghs weren't in his final inventory. Is Aether Lens disassembleable? I figured he probably broke they down for Bloodstone, but I didn't think Aghs could be broken down.

no

I fucking hate carrying a team of cores who go 3 19, happend in 2 games in a row... i also get the fucking shit invokers who cast 2 spells and feed right after, yet the enemy seems to get the godlike invoker who is spamming as many spells as he can..fml
spectre is still my bae

I fucking hate carrying a team of cores who go 3 19, happend in 2 games in a row... i also get the fucking shit invokers who cast 2 spells and feed right after, yet the enemy seems to get the godlike invoker who is spamming as many spells as he can..fml
spectre is still my bae

can relate to that invoker part....its infuriating

Wok

I fucking hate carrying a team of cores who go 3 19, happend in 2 games in a row...

Show me some dotabuff.

Edit: Found.

To be fair, you held 1 hour in both games. There was no reason to lose. You should have itemized better.

With Spectre, always go abyssal + blademail. The optimal build is the one you see at the bottom: abyssal + blademail + manta + heart + radiance + whichever boots + moonshard.

Wok

:(
What items should i have gone for? I thought i itemised alright. The had butterflys and silences/disarms

Spectre shines for her dispersion. With Vanguard into Abyssal + Blademail, people kill themselves by hitting you really easily.

With Manta + the bash + your desolate passive, you have lockdown and can kill single target super fast.

Diffusal is not super good once you run out of charges. MKB is okay, but you cannot skip blademail, especially after the megabuffs.

With this build, I don't think people in Normal skill bracket can beat your late game. The longer they try to kill you, the more damage Radiance does.

IQq3whG.png

Spectre shines for her dispersion. With Vanguard into Abyssal + Blademail, people kill themselves by hitting you really easily.

With Manta + the bash + your desolate passive, you have lockdown and can kill single target super fast.

Diffusal is not super good once you run out of charges. MKB is okay, but you cannot skip blademail, especially after the megabuffs.
Ok thanks ill give your build a go. Just one question though.. why buy the radiance late.. ppl will have some magic mitigation by mid late game right?

Edit: yh the diffisual was a bad call by then i had run out of ideas as butterfly was out of the equation

Wok

Ok thanks ill give your build a go. Just one question though.. why buy the radiance late.. ppl will have some magic mitigation by mid late game right?

If you rush an early radiance (your timing is about 25 min), you have to rely on your teammates a lot more. If you get Treads + Vanguard instead, you can farm the jungle if needed. Once you have blademail + manta, you can get some kills super easily. The late radiance is the topping to burn through your opponents while they try to kill you.

Also, in your games, Techies, Disruptor, Weaver, Clinkz, Puck would have suffered the burn damage a lot because they are squishy ; the radiance would have deactivated the blink daggers on Techies, Disruptor, Puck, Invoker ; the radiance would have farmed Broodmama's spiderlings, and would help show which Phantom Lancer is the real one. So it is super helpful.

You can see that my farm was super bad in the 52 min game. I still ended up winning 20 / 8 / 18.

N7iUUz4.png

So when you have phase + urn + pms + radiance, I have treads + vanguard + blademail + yasha in a super crappy game. You only start to farm creeps at that timing while I am about to farm heroes. Edit: I am exaggerating because I see you actually farm heroes as well (puck, disruptor, clinkz). Well, trust me, try the build, it is amazingly disgusting for the opponents.

Low Tier
dispersion isnt even what makes her so godlike late game rofl. Spectre's global presence allows her to participate and deal out dmg better than any other carry while still pushing/farming. Translate to late game means making supports not participate, as well as forcing spells on ur illusions for fear of letting them run rampant.

Most likely your problem with spectre is ur inexperience with early/mid fighting with the hero. Spectre gains advantages easily and uses them to keep the enemy's weaker heroes suppressed.

dispersion isnt even what makes her so godlike late game rofl. Spectre's global presence allows her to participate and deal out dmg better than any other carry while still pushing/farming. Translate to late game means making supports not participate, as well as forcing spells on ur illusions for fear of letting them run rampant.

Most likely your problem with spectre is ur inexperience with early/mid fighting with the hero. Spectre gains advantages easily and uses them to keep the enemy's weaker heroes suppressed.
Yh probabily. The alchemist game hurt me the most as i win that match up, their cores were better at shutting me down early game than my cores where at shutting down the alch. Plus that puck was one shotting my team mates. I fucked up on the clinkz game as i was manfighting their cores in a disruptor ult, that fight cost us the game...had i taken out the disruptor i could 1v4 them.

Inspite of all that it would be nice if my offlane didnt feed horrifically... im not asking for much am i?

Hylian7

So apparently Arc Warden's ult is worthless in Ability Draft unless you have all his abilities...

Thanks dick guy on my team that said it was a "retard pick" and wouldn't tell me why until I saw for myself at 6.

Top Bottom