• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

shira

why inbred
tiny-blink.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Ok since this has popped up multiple times and its my day off

Omniknight is extremely strong right now because of multiple things

1) His laning presence in pubs. With his near-instant cast time and skillset, he can apply a lot of pressure in the offlane against dual lanes and weaker trilanes. Purification is no joke when it comes to pressuring the enemy carry if they're melee, or turning trades completely on their head. The argument is that he isn't picked in professional games because pro players can zone him out, but that's not the case most of the time in pub games.

2) His skillset and how it allows his cores to play. When you have an omniknight on your team, you're allowed to play completely different than normal. Most aggressive actions aren't punishable when you have the hammer of the omniscient behind you. Whether you're doing cheese strats like Storm/Huskar or running any ol' core, omniknight allows them to get these kills/objectives without any possible response from the enemy team.

3) Diffusal and omniknight - What it means. The commonplace argument is that omniknight is weak to diffusal blade. While that's not an entirely false statement, a smart omniknight player really cares little for diffusal blade. If his repel is diffusal'd off, he can simply ulti them. If that's diffusal'd, he can force staff them. The saying 'a 3100g item counters him' makes no sense, especially with the new cd in place, especially when he can buy a 2300g item to reset the positioning of whatever hero you're using charges on. Not only that, but unless it is a naturally core item on the hero (ie. Jugg, PL), you are gimping and slowing down your own core's progression (who is most likely the 1-2 as opposed to their 3) in order to downplay the enemy team's support hero.

I've seen players jump 1k mmr just by picking this hero, and it's really no coincidence. Honestly Hylian you're so fucking inbred.

angel.gif

Jarnet87

Played my first game in 6 months, the horror of the redesigned UI came rushing back.

No communication, supports not playing support. It feels like home.

shira

http://secretshop.welovefine.com/faq said:
What if I have not receive my badge yet?

Unfortunately, you must be in possession of your physical badge in order to link your Steam account.

It's official. The America 2016 will not allow foreigner pre-orders

a857b49e9fb71ce85162edb359456773.jpg

LOL no cash either

Can I place an order with cash?

The Secret Shop will not be accepting cash as payment.

Kade

If I can't get any of the figures, especially the Windranger figma... let me tell you, I'm going to be one upset boy.

TUSR

Banned
This is unacceptable Valve.

This is the email I received: https://i.redd.it/ptwzzd4qhtbx.png

Will Call tickets do not receive the Ticket ID.

I would have bought a ticket from one of my buddies in the States and linked it if I knew this was the case. What a bunch of fucking idiots. At least let us know beforehand.

'International' 2016

Chris R

That the windrunner shit is a big seller makes me feel dirty.

Also, did the glasses cost $18 last year? Or did prices go up? Might just get a single blind plush this TI :\

OK this makes me think... in 5 years time, how will valve handle all the special effects that accumulated from immortal items, arcanas and other items like the imbued ones. For now these special effects are fine with me but I fear it might be detrimental in the years to come. Let's hope I'm wrong cause I love hats :)

Chris R

OK this makes me think... in 5 years time, how will valve handle all the special effects that accumulated from immortal items, arcanas and other items like the imbued ones. For now these special effects are fine with me but I fear it might be detrimental in the years to come. Let's hope I'm wrong cause I love hats :)

One hat to rule them all, disables all cosmetics

$29.99

shira

nature-deal.gif
TI5: free (sunglasses, tshirt, poster), $30 demiheroes, codes with hardware, cash money payments, "International"

cool.gif
TI6: get rekt

KingKong

Let's just hope that they'll find some time during those five years to give poor old jakiro some hats

Russ T

Banned
man how did they fuck up so bad with secret shop this year

is there some conspiracy to STOP people from preordering?? valve pls

TUSR

Banned
I am expecting a(nother) response from the Secret Shop soon.

Was told there was a bug in the system they're trying to fix before August 5th, whatever that means.

They will be sending another email out is what the customer service agent told me.

shira

fuck jakiro gimme troll hats

Was about to make a reddit post about the last immortals:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/4ggtoq/dota_2_update_main_client_april_25_2016_analysis/ said:
Unreleased Items - Ingame - Added whatever information is available for the ones mentioned below.

Skybreaker
Jade Bow
Spirit Helix

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/4scuk1/dota_2_update_test_client_july_11_2016/ said:
The following heroes are getting items related to The International.

Wraith King: Bracer (Arm Slot)
Bounty Hunter: Hunter's Hoard (Back Slot)

Skybreaker could be spirit breaker, swm, faceless void
Could be a Drow/Clinkz/Medusa - or it's the WR bow.
Spirit Helix could be Axe, sb

Missing Immortal so far are Arc Warden, Bat, BH, BM, Brood, CW, CK, Chen, Clinkz, DS, ET, Jak, Kotl, Naix, lycan, Naga, SD, Silencer, Techies, Tree, Troll, Underlord, Wisp

all i want is a nice immortal lycan weapon/wolf and any troll cosmetic that removes the fucking dildo from his head

Techies bazooka with mad sparkles is the only thing on my wishlist.

I am expecting a(nother) response from the Secret Shop soon.

Was told there was a bug in the system they're trying to fix before August 5th, whatever that means.

They will be sending another email out is what the customer service agent told me.

d-d-daijobu?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
all i want is a nice immortal lycan weapon/wolf and any troll cosmetic that removes the fucking dildo from his head

gaben pls

shira get dem upboats #ourvoicesmatter #noitembros #trollorbust #valvecorruption

52club

Sand King is so much fun right now. If the team picks a melee core you can shutdown their lane. Then I've been going tranqs->ags-->Aether Lens->Veil-->Octarine. I know the no blink is questionable, but that ags/Aether Lens combo, damn the initiation. Last night I one-shot a PL who was lvl 11 with treads and diffusal, felt good.

Demoli

Now, i know Monster Hunter story is usually an aftertought used only to give context to the hunts and whatnot

But MHX ending was pretty much The Holy Grail's with a monster hunter skin.

Might i also add to the earlier conversation that Shadow Demon is still really good against Omni. Poison still stacks and his ult is extremely strong against him. Especially if he goes aghs and gets the 3 charges. Also, the soul catcher can't be purged by repel, iirc.

Try him out next time you see Omni. You might be surprised, provided you stay alive to use your abilities of course.

Hylian7

Might i also add to the earlier conversation that Shadow Demon is still really good against Omni. Poison still stacks and his ult is extremely strong against him. Especially if he goes aghs and gets the 3 charges. Also, the soul catcher can't be purged by repel, iirc.

Try him out next time you see Omni. You might be surprised, provided you stay alive to use your abilities of course.
I actually completely forgot about SD Aghs, mostly because I almost never see that hero. He definitely is great against Omni though.

Top Bottom