• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

We Pokemon now.

Q8YkW6i.png

Physical versions would sell like hotcakes.

Chris R

Hoping the games start on time, guessing the layout will be identical to TI5, so 8-10 games on Monday, but the pro games this meta are for the most part ending sooner than the TI5 games were.

Keep the delays between starting and sets down volvo so we can get out of the arena at a reasonable hour ;_;

Hylian7

Hoping the games start on time, guessing the layout will be identical to TI5, so 8-10 games on Monday, but the pro games this meta are for the most part ending sooner than the TI5 games were.

Keep the delays between starting and sets down volvo so we can get out of the arena at a reasonable hour ;_;

And pray for no DDoS this time...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

My twitch doesn't actually render SoBayed. Why is that?

Bad7667

So what do you guys think? Underlord during TI or sometime after?

I'm hoping during, like the last day but I have a feeling they will do the same as they did with Techies.

First week of August is packed with TI, No Mans Sky, Suicide Squad and my birthday. What a great week its going to be.

Spurs

Neo Member
I have a quick question lads; What two heroes really compliment one and other, and in what way?

The reason im asking is I regularly stack with a friend of mine, and we've come to the conclusion (probably incorrect) that the reason we lose is mostly down to the other 3 players being incapable of team work, thus we are trying to basically win the game for ourselves.

So what do you guys think? Underlord during TI or sometime after?

I'm hoping during, like the last day but I have a feeling they will do the same as they did with Techies.

First week of August is packed with TI, No Mans Sky, Suicide Squad and my birthday. What a great week its going to be.

I think he will be announced during ti too.

I have a quick question lads; What two heroes really compliment one and other, and in what way?

The reason im asking is I regularly stack with a friend of mine, and we've come to the conclusion (probably incorrect) that the reason we lose is mostly down to the other 3 players being incapable of team work, thus we are trying to basically win the game for ourselves.

Dozens of combos you can play. I have found that wrecking the enemy safe lane with stuff like Axe+Dazzle or Undying + KotL or whatever works pretty well when dual stacking. Be aware that your analysis of why you guys lose the games is likely off though. Bristleback + KotL works too. Always depends on what the enemy safe lane is like.

kionedrik

Are you lanning together? There are a couple of combos that can wreck any lane and still scale into late-game. Off the top of my head CK+Lina/Lion/CM, Jugg+SD/SS/Lich, Slark+Omni/VS and the classic KotL+PL.

Madouu

Omni is a dumb ass hero.

Also:

“With a minimum of five matches, the lowest points-per-game average is 1.29, by … Portugal at Euro 2016! Yep, statistically speaking, the Portuguese are the least impressive winners of a major international tournament. In case you’re wondering, the lowest at a Copa América is 1.67, by Argentina in 1993, and the lowest at a World Cup is Argentina’s 2.00 in 1978.”

Well player

Demoli

Omni is a dumb ass hero.

Also:

“With a minimum of five matches, the lowest points-per-game average is 1.29, by … Portugal at Euro 2016! Yep, statistically speaking, the Portuguese are the least impressive winners of a major international tournament. In case you’re wondering, the lowest at a Copa América is 1.67, by Argentina in 1993, and the lowest at a World Cup is Argentina’s 2.00 in 1978.”

Well player

Portugal has a long history of barely scraping by. It's almost like the most lame superpower.

Golfswinged an Uragaan out of his roll today, feels good man

Hylian7

If you are forced to build an item you don't want to counter a #3 or #4 enemy hero then they already won.
Also, the item has charges so you'll eventually be forced to rebuy it.

So then that goes for BKB too then...

If you can't win the game with at least two Diffusals on your team going through all of the level 1 and level 2 charges, I dunno what to tell you.

ok guys just got back from a pre-screening, big fan of the original trilogy

i'd give this movie a solid 6.5/10

the shakycam is out of fucking control, no plot spoilers but a very vague scene spoiler below to highlight the absurdity of it:

theres a part where bourne is thumbing through a notebook, not an action scene, and even in this scene the shakycam is going full blast and you can hardly make out what the fuck hes reading

95% of the movie is shakycam

JUST

milk was there at least a "omg that's jason bourne'?

kionedrik

So then that goes for BKB too then...

If you can't win the game with at least two Diffusals on your team going through all of the level 1 and level 2 charges, I dunno what to tell you.

BKB doesn't counter 1 hero. It counters 1 type of damage and most cc.

Are we really going to argue your #1 and/or #2 need to spend 3k+ gold (+ lv2 recipe) in order to counter an enemy support? Should AM build it? What about Naix or Sven?
If you can fit it in your build then go ahead and get it. The fact you can hinder the enemy Omni is the cherry on top of the cake but you WILL NOT get it to solely counter him, otherwise, like I said before, they've already won.

Hylian7

BKB doesn't counter 1 hero. It counters 1 type of damage and most cc.

Are we really going to argue your #1 and/or #2 need to spend 3k+ gold (+ lv2 recipe) in order to counter an enemy support? Should AM build it? What about Naix or Sven?
If you can fit it in your build then go ahead and get it. The fact you can hinder the enemy Omni is the cherry on top of the cake but you WILL NOT get it to solely counter him, otherwise, like I said before, they've already won.

The position 1 or 2 aren't the only ones that can build it, but on a lot of them it's not a bad deal. Those examples you mentioned, not as much, but on plenty of other heroes it's doable. I know I've built Diffusal on Timbersaw before just to beat an Omni.

If his ultimate (or repel) is what's absolutely ruining your teamfights, how is this not worth it? It's like if the other team has a position 4 Silencer, and you're buying Euls or BKB to get out of Global Silence. You itemize to win the game, you don't itemize because "It's the build".

TUSR

Banned
I see people arguing for and against getting Diffusal against Omni.

Where the fuck are my TI6 ticket codes? Ticketmaster is so shit.

Red UFO

Like, if you're arguing against getting diffusal against omniknight, you're wrong, of course you should. The real discussion is whether or not diffusal blade is enough to significantly reduce his impact. Which it isn't. Never mind the impact he has before diffusal blades start coming online, and after charges start running out.

Low Tier
Ok since this has popped up multiple times and its my day off

Omniknight is extremely strong right now because of multiple things

1) His laning presence in pubs. With his near-instant cast time and skillset, he can apply a lot of pressure in the offlane against dual lanes and weaker trilanes. Purification is no joke when it comes to pressuring the enemy carry if they're melee, or turning trades completely on their head. The argument is that he isn't picked in professional games because pro players can zone him out, but that's not the case most of the time in pub games.

2) His skillset and how it allows his cores to play. When you have an omniknight on your team, you're allowed to play completely different than normal. Most aggressive actions aren't punishable when you have the hammer of the omniscient behind you. Whether you're doing cheese strats like Storm/Huskar or running any ol' core, omniknight allows them to get these kills/objectives without any possible response from the enemy team.

3) Diffusal and omniknight - What it means. The commonplace argument is that omniknight is weak to diffusal blade. While that's not an entirely false statement, a smart omniknight player really cares little for diffusal blade. If his repel is diffusal'd off, he can simply ulti them. If that's diffusal'd, he can force staff them. The saying 'a 3100g item counters him' makes no sense, especially with the new cd in place, especially when he can buy a 2300g item to reset the positioning of whatever hero you're using charges on. Not only that, but unless it is a naturally core item on the hero (ie. Jugg, PL), you are gimping and slowing down your own core's progression (who is most likely the 1-2 as opposed to their 3) in order to downplay the enemy team's support hero.

I've seen players jump 1k mmr just by picking this hero, and it's really no coincidence. Honestly Hylian you're so fucking inbred.

Top Bottom