• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

shira

kZe8RV6.gif

Fevaweva

That match was amazing! I was just dumbfounded for the last 10 minutes or so. Wings just absolutely fucked up Liquid and looked great doing it.

Qvoth

china is back?
huh.gif

edit: there's 1 wings player who looks pretty old, who's he? looks like he's 30-40 years old at least

china is back?
huh.gif

edit: there's 1 wings player who looks pretty old, who's he? looks like he's 30-40 years old at least

Probably IceIce who's an ancient 24 or something like that. He's been around forever just of lower tier teams--oh and Big Gods for DAC.

I also doubt this is indicative of Chinese teams making a resurgence. Wings just played out of their minds, and a lot of the other teams played rather poorly. Liquids drafts were nonsense the first 2 games, and jungle Enigma was clearly a bad idea--Secret tried it and lost every game they picked him. Ehome is still crap, Newbee is doing well for the same reason Wings is, they can pick push-heavy lineups again. CDEC is a thin of the past, iG is garbage, LGD is good against other T1 teams and sucks against everyone else, and VG will probably be the only good team in the region by TI6.

All of that is avoiding the fact that once a new patch launches the Chinese teams are going to suck at Manilla just like they did at Shanghai, and be competitive for TI6 at best. Secret and EG have growing pains but are still Top 5 teams, the new Empire has so much potential its not even funny, and Liquid just needs to learn how to draft against their opponents rather than whatever the hell they want. Then there's teams like coL, OG, and Na'vi who are probably Top 10, but have some kinks to work out.

why would only china sucks at new patch? do the western teams has a leaked copy or something?

Chinese teams are always slower to adapt to patches that don't involve 5-man Deathball. Since we currently have a meta that favors heroes like Earth Spirit, Furion, DP, Beast Master, and other push heavy lineups, I assume we're due for a shift in the other direction--towards a meta that favors Western teams. Although this current path should have HEAVILY favored Chinese teams (with Invoker being as effective as he is, oh yea) but for some reason they struggled until just recently.

shira

because new patch will be the same meta as every other TI, with 5 man deathball starring DP, furion, and other such bullshit.

Frozen Chains TI6 Immortal: Lich
Rainbow Spear: Possible Phantom Lancer Immortal
Solar Forge: Possible Phoenix Immortal
Crimson Pique: Possible Weaver Immortal
Omniknight TI6 Immortal

If these are some of the new immortals, I'm thinking a bunch of those are getting a big buffering. I also really like that idea from reddit that Beastmaster's immortal should be custom necro beasts.

death ball meta ? this is an early fighting meta not pushing take towers only meta
and alot of "western" heroes got buffed as well like Earth spirit and beast master and furion!

harSon

Banned
I swear this game goes out of its way to team you up with people who rage quit, intentionally feed, etc. once you go on a win streak.

My last three ranked games have been a Natures Prophet who has thin skin and decides to stand on a hill and give up 1 hour into the game we were about to win, a rubic who decided to auto follow heroes/intentionally feed/destroy items and an AM who fed then left after 10 minutes.

why valve

Red UFO

I swear this game goes out of its way to team you up with people who rage quit, intentionally feed, etc. once you go on a win streak.

My last three ranked games have been a Natures Prophet who has thin skin and decides to stand on a hill and give up 1 hour into the game we were about to win, a rubic who decided to auto follow heroes/intentionally feed/destroy items and an AM who fed then left after 10 minutes.

why valve

the only constant is you !!!!

shira

why valve

Call me when you have a naked Dagon 5 Chen.

that's like

really bad tho

i was expecting some high quality cosplay, that's just some cheap shit with cleavage, i can get that anytime from many sources on the internet
https://i.imgur.com/1U6GZ3v.webm

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
yeah valve needs to take some notes for TI, ESL did a great job of keeping things interesting for the viewers at home (and in the crowd) in between games. 10 hours of straight dota and "analyst doto" can be grating, gotta keep da people entertained and laughing a bit, mixing it up in that downtime.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
or the Machoman contest[/URL]?

I don't think this is going to be topped as far as dumb filler content at a Dota LAN. We've peaked. Of COURSE Toby goes for the grope. Get that pederast away from my Dota content please.

Top Bottom