• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age II |OT| The Revenge of Shit Mountain

Xilium

Vamphuntr said:
Well for me Anders represented my point of view on the whole Mage/Templar situation. I was quite shocked by what he did but at the same time I understood his actions. I see the Templar the same way as the religion of our world so the choice was easy to make. I do not approve violence in real life though. But between Anders and religious zealot Sebastian, the choice was easy for me.
The problem being that what he did proved their point. Religion/chantry aside, the Tevinter empire is really all people need to be afraid of mages. There's no doubt that there needs to be some type of checks and balances system for mages, I just think that it could be done in a better way than the circle of magi.

Owzers

nubbe said:
So... dose the entire game take place in that stupid city?
I'm kind of bored after just a few hours >_>

Don't worry, hopping between the same empty "city sections" while treated to loading screen after loading screen becomes fun after awhile. You barely even notice you're not playing a good game.

Vamphuntr

Xilium said:
The problem being that what he did proved their point. Religion/chantry aside, the Tevinter empire is really all people need to be afraid of mages. There's no doubt that there needs to be some type of checks and balances system for mages, I just think that it could be done in a better way than the circle of magi.

But at the same time the whole problem is going full circle. By controlling and putting every single mage in a prison/circle and by oppressing them, eventually some of them turned to terrorism to be heard. The chantry lady was an hypocrite in DA II. Her whole speech pretty much boil down to well I know not every mage is a blood mage but they must all be sacrificed no matter who they are for the well being of the rest of the world. Some of the templars were also evil and yet she didn't put all of them in a prison because of the risk they could turn to the dark side. Mages can be possibly be possessed by a demon like every other being can turn evil.

I cannot express how I hated Sebastian so much. I would have loved to get the option to kill him in the end.

Vamphuntr said:
Mages can be possibly be possessed by a demon like every other being can turn evil.
For one mages are more dangerous than anyone else. Two an untrained mage is more than likely to succumb to a demon. You have two choices. Either kill everyone who has any kind of magical potential or have some kind of oversight.

Edit: Honestly thought with the way they handled the portrayal of mages in DA2. Id be willing to kick it up a notch and take it to the level of Inquisition in the Warhammer universe. Just kill anyone upon suspicion of using magic or harboring anyone with magical abilities.

Vamphuntr

Lostconfused said:
For one mages are more dangerous than anyone else. Two an untrained mage is more than likely to succumb to a demon. You have two choices. Either kill everyone who has any kind of magical potential or have some kind of oversight.

Edit: Honestly thought with the way they handled the portrayal of mages in DA2. Id be willing to kick it up a notch and take it to the level of Inquisition in the Warhammer universe. Just kill anyone upon suspicion of using magic or harboring anyone with magical abilities.

So basically
Meredith was evil because she was a mage? Nope she was possessed by the evil spirit of the idol like Bartrand was. Were all thug attacking you in alleys mages? Nope they were common rogues and warriors. Some of the templars were even siding with the mage in the games. Should we lock everyone up because they were evil?

I think the point of the game was to show that both sides were wrong in the end. It's not random that
Meredith, a templar, was possessed by an evil artifact

I not entirely sure how thats relevant to what I am arguing about here?
Vamphuntr said:
I think the point of the game was to show that both sides were wrong in the end. It's not random that
Meredith, a templar, was possessed by an evil artifact
Was Meredith wrong? Yes. Is the Chantry wrong? No, probably not.

Xilium

Vamphuntr said:
But at the same time the whole problem is going full circle. By controlling and putting every single mage in a prison/circle and by oppressing them, eventually some of them turned to terrorism to be heard. The chantry lady was an hypocrite in DA II. Her whole speech pretty much boil down to well I know not every mage is a blood mage but they must all be sacrificed no matter who they are for the well being of the rest of the world. Some of the templars were also evil and yet she didn't put all of them in a prison because of the risk they could turn to the dark side. Mages can be possibly be possessed by a demon like every other being can turn evil.
I understand all that. The game was attempting to create a gray morality situation but it really doesn't work in the way they set it up. I mean, just look at the situation in Origins. The mages and templars weren't exactly buddy-buddy with one another but they weren't at each others throats either. They each understood their situations and, for the most part, didn't feel the need to revolt/take advantage of their position. The point being that the situation in Kirkwall seems to be an exception, not the rule (which I believe is pointed out upon arrival in the city).

As far as the chantry is concerned, they were simply doing what they felt was necessary in order to protect the common person (again, to prevent a situation like that in the Tevinter Imperium). The grand cleric felt bad for the abuse of the mages in Kirkwall but couldn't openly support them as leader of the chantry order in Kirkwall (It would be like the Pope coming out and defending homosexuals). That said, she doesn't condone or support the actions of Meredith either. The only thing you can really be mad at her about is her indecisiveness.

Everything about this game is taken to the extreme for trivial reasons. Meredith was obviously at the center of the problem and her removal early on would have probably prevented any escalation, but that doesn't make for a 40+ hour game of exploding bodies.

I think the point of the game was to show that both sides were wrong in the end. It's not random that Meredith, a templar, was possessed by an evil artifact
She was a fanatic even before that and should have been dealt with then, but that would make too much sense. And it wasn't so much that both sides were wrong, just that the fanatics on both sides took over the their relative parties. As you mentioned, there were templars that felt that the mages were being wronged but there were also mages that understood why they were to be feared. It's just a shame that you never had the opportunity to work with the moderates.

endaround

Neo Member
Lostconfused said:
No Templars are protected against all magic. Mages need lyrium to power their spells but the Chantry has full control over lyrium distribution in Thedas. But blood magic is basically mages using their life force or life force of other living things to power their spells. Although some spells can only be performed using blood magic, like mind control.
No, that's wrong unless they did a huge retcon in DA 2. Templars need lyrium to do their abilities. The Chantry's control of the lyrium trade allows the Chantry to keep control over the Tempalrs and to basically have their own standing army because of how addictive lyrium can be (something that did get cut for gameplay reasons unfortunately). Now there is some question if that is the case. Alister kept his abilities even without taking lyrium and so he believed that lyrium might be needed once but not constantly and the Chantry was purposely keeping the Templars hooked to keep them under Chantry control. But even Alister wasn't sure if that him keeping his abilities wasn't just a side effect of the taint.

Things like this is why this world is so great and why I'm so pissed that they decided to crap all over it.

endaround said:
No, that's wrong unless they did a huge retcon in DA 2. Templars need lyrium to do their abilities. The Chantry's control of the lyrium trade allows the Chantry to keep control over the Tempalrs and to basically have their own standing army because of how addictive lyrium can be (something that did get cut for gameplay reasons unfortunately). Now there is some question if that is the case. Alister kept his abilities even without taking lyrium and so he believed that lyrium might be needed once but not constantly and the Chantry was purposely keeping the Templars hooked to keep them under Chantry control. But even Alister wasn't sure if that him keeping his abilities wasn't just a side effect of the taint.

Things like this is why this world is so great and why I'm so pissed that they decided to crap all over it.

Lyrium still comes up quite a bit in DA2. There's one templar that has his mind wrecked by lyrium, similar to that one in Origins. Then there was one who left the templars but is still addicted to lyrium. There's a network of undergound lyrium smuggling between the circle and darktown.

Templars don't need lyrium. It supposedly enhances their abilities but they don't actually need lyrium. The fact that lyrium is addictive is what is supposed to be a secondary method of control over them.
endaround said:
Alister kept his abilities even without taking lyrium and so he believed that lyrium might be needed once but not constantly and the Chantry was purposely keeping the Templars hooked to keep them under Chantry control. But even Alister wasn't sure if that him keeping his abilities wasn't just a side effect of the taint
Alister never took lyrium. Templars only start receiving lyrium after they swear their oaths or perform some rite or something. Alister can teach the Grey Warden how to be a templar and once he does every warrior in the party has access to the templar specialization. So no. Templars do not need lyrium.

Alucrid

Banned
Shit. So I'm glitched. Isabela is waiting in front of the desk at my house to give me her last companion quest. But she has the quest marker ! and speech bubble above her. Whenever I try and accept the quest I can only get the speech bubble which results in her saying shes bored, hats, etc. etc. Anyone know how to fix this?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I uninstalled the game and accidentally wiped out all saves because they didn't keep the box checked by default like all normal games do.

And I don't feel any regret about this. I wish I'd spent my in-store credit on Crysis 2.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
So I changed my mind from before and started again as a warrior this time, not a rogue. How damn boring is this class? Sword-and-board or two handed Hawke and Aveline just do painfully low damage while the rest of the team has fun picking off enemies who break away. I was hoping to have a meatshield in every situation but this is just dire. He goes stab, stab, stab... Snore.

I'm pressing my mouse button and Hawke is doing nothing awesome, guys.

X-Frame

Thnikkaman said:
So I changed my mind from before and started again as a warrior this time, not a rogue. How damn boring is this class? Sword-and-board or two handed Hawke and Aveline just do painfully low damage while the rest of the team has fun picking off enemies who break away. I was hoping to have a meatshield in every situation but this is just dire. He goes stab, stab, stab... Snore.

I'm pressing my mouse button and Hawke is doing nothing awesome, guys.

I did a Warrior first but didn't set her up correctly until the very end so for the first 90% of the game I didn't really enjoy it.

I am following this Berserker Vanguard guide next time I do a Warrior.

I finished Rogue yesterday and loved it. My Rogue literally tore through everyone, especially when I have Anders providing Haste, Heroic Aura, etc. I like the Assassin & Duelist specializations a lot.

jgwhiteus

Do a tank's aggro abilities have much effect in this game? I've been using Aveline for most of the game as a weapon / shield tank, but when I pause fights I'll notice sometimes she'll be standing completely still and not attacking anything (probably using Immovable / Retaliation or related ability), and no enemies are around her at all; meanwhile, my mage and archer are getting beaten up and interrupted by enemies that just spawned up behind them.

It just seems like Taunt and related aggro abilities aren't doing their job and enemies aren't targeting the tank, or because enemies spawn so far away or they spawn so close to the other characters the aggro abilities don't matter and the other characters get targeted anyway. Meanwhile, a party slot is being taken up by someone who isn't dealing any damage, just standing there like an idiot. Am thinking about replacing Aveline with someone who can deal out a bit more damage and make fights go quicker like a dual-wielding Isabela, but I didn't know if I just had the tank tactics set up wrong.

jgwhiteus said:
Do a tank's aggro abilities have much effect in this game? I've been using Aveline for most of the game as a weapon / shield tank, but when I pause fights I'll notice sometimes she'll be standing completely still and not attacking anything (probably using Immovable / Retaliation or related ability), and no enemies are around her at all; meanwhile, my mage and archer are getting beaten up and interrupted by enemies that just spawned up behind them.

It just seems like Taunt and related aggro abilities aren't doing their job and enemies aren't targeting the tank, or because enemies spawn so far away or they spawn so close to the other characters the aggro abilities don't matter and the other characters get targeted anyway. Meanwhile, a party slot is being taken up by someone who isn't dealing any damage, just standing there like an idiot. Am thinking about replacing Aveline with someone who can deal out a bit more damage and make fights go quicker like a dual-wielding Isabela, but I didn't know if I just had the tank tactics set up wrong.

You need to be able to do damage to hold aggro. Taunt, Goad, and Armistice are still very useful, but even Sword and Boarders should go down the Vanguard tree to get Cleave. Cleave + Assault or Scatter is great, and shield bash and claymore can be used to stagger enemies for cross class combos. Only put shield defense on when the tank is low on health. Completely ignore the defender tree because it's useless. Bravery/combat synergy aren't worth using, and rally is bugged, so stay away from them. Sword and Boarders are good, you just have to avoid treating them as defensive only units and avoid stacking a ton of redundant defensive sustains. Warriors are durable to begin with, a shield and a high CON make them even more so, there's no need to invest too much into defensive abilities when what you really need to is to able to do damage to hold aggro. The Vanguard tree is one of the best in the game, no warrior should ignore it.

I think I give up, after 11 hours on my Rogue, then switching to Warrior for 2 hours - I cannot go on. The game is just too repetitive, pointless fetch quests, same locations (OMFG! I don't want to go to stupid coast for the 4th time! That whole area is retarded and then I need to trek back to that stupid entrance!). Damn it, the story is lousy as well!

Gvaz

Banned
hateradio said:
Anders is a horribly scripted character here. I actually liked his dark humor in Awakenings.

Didn't the trailers showcase Hawke's use of Blood Magic? I'm pro-Mage all the way. Suck it Templars! This game had us chasing sociopaths who use and don't use magic. I don't see why mages should be locked away simply because they could contact demons. (Insert BioWare Temps vs Mags.)

I want a DA game in Tevinter, so we learn more about the lore of magic and the old gods. I'm tired of Andraste. I like Orleis, but I don't want to visit.

That's because David Gaider wrote him

Just goes to show DG isn't completely lacking talent.

Totally NarNar said:
So who is the best healing character?
The main character.

Because you should only play a Mage MC. Ever.

jgwhiteus

Basileus777 said:
You need to be able to do damage to hold aggro. Taunt, Goad, and Armistice are still very useful, but even Sword and Boarders should go down the Vanguard tree to get Cleave. Cleave + Assault or Scatter is great, and shield bash and claymore can be used to stagger enemies for cross class combos. Only put shield defense on when the tank is low on health. Completely ignore the defender tree because it's useless. Bravery/combat synergy aren't worth using, and rally is bugged, so stay away from them. Sword and Boarders are good, you just have to avoid treating them as defensive only units and avoid stacking a ton of redundant defensive sustains. Warriors are durable to begin with, a shield and a high CON make them even more so, there's no need to invest too much into defensive abilities when what you really need to is to able to do damage to hold aggro. The Vanguard tree is one of the best in the game, no warrior should ignore it.

Thanks - I'll use the Black Emporium respec potion on her and focus more on damage abilities - hopefully she'll make more of a contribution to fights.

On a related note, for warrior builds, does anyone know the constitution points needed to equip the strongest swords / shields in the game? It's really not my favorite stat to put points into (the benefits of 5HP seem minimal at best) and I'd like to focus more on strength and other stats once I pass the threshhold for equipment.

Abylim

Just finished the game, and wow, I dont think I have ever been this disappointed with a game. Maybe it was because I loved the first? Maybe it was because nearly every enemy or chest contained a goddamned moth eaten scarf? Or the mage or rogue armor that dropped that I couldnt use at all, because they would be useless on me, and my companions cant equip it?

Maybe, it was due to the fact that I spent the entire time inside a fucking city that was dull as shit, and did mundane tasks for anyone smart enough to flag me down.
I hoped after act1 it would branch out. I mean, Ferelden was amazing, how about this new area? The NPC's mention other area's enough, I'll get to them eventually! Nope. entire time in that god forsaken city.

I spent 40 hours doing fetch missions. In one location. Oh, and ice the fucking cake, the game glitched out after I murdered the end boss. I had to refight it to save after the credits. Also, didnt get my 2 play through trophy, even though I imported my warden from the first, fully completed.

Another gripe: Where were the fucking wardens? I get the blights ended, but Dragon Age was about the wardens, atleast thats what I thought.

All in all, not a horrible game, I enjoyed the combat, but wow, you dont make an RPG like this. I ended up skipping looting the enemies in the last stretch before the end boss. Whats the fucking point? Ohh, I missed out on a gold templar insignia? A small wet pouch of insence? Seriously, I am a massive fan of the first, and I defended this game pre release, but wow. I will not be buying DA3 day one, like I did with the first 2.

Thanks Bioware!

Micius

I think this might offend some people, but when I played the game I gradually felt like I was seeing a lot of parallels with... well...

The Chantry =
United States of America
The Templars =
The State of Israel
The Mages =
The State of Palestine
Blood Magic =
Suicide Bombing
Tranquility =
Targetted Killing
Meredith =
Ariel Sharon
Orsino =
Yassir Arafat
Anders =
Osama bin Laden

I'm not going to go into the details of what the parallels are. If you see it then you see it and Wikipedia should cover some of the details if you are not sure what I'm referring to.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Question about equipment: I understand the star rating on equipment changes as you level. However, do the attributes of a particular belt, etc. remain the same if there are no stars? E.g., if I have a belt that adds 1+ to all attributes, will the belt's effect still exist if it loses its stars as I level through the game? If it does exist, the star system doesn't seem to make much sense - better to go by colors as to rarity and value of drops.

Also, I'm bummed that the codex takes longer to get to in this game, since the backstory to this universe is really well done and one of the primary reasons I love DA. While some codex entries are automatically flashed on screen when you trigger them, codex entries for equipment usually require you to hit Start-->Journal--> and then navigate to the log. DA:O just let you hit "back" (if you did it within a certain period of time after triggering the codex entry, you'd automatically go to that entry for easy reading). DA2 goes to the map when you hit "back", which is pointless, since most people have the map display in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Finished the game last night on hard: while I enjoyed the writing, particularly the characterization and dialogue, the rest of the game is deeply flawed and obviously rushed. It's really too bad that Bioware felt the need to "Mass Effect" this game.

Patryn

luxarific said:
Question about equipment: I understand the star rating on equipment changes as you level. However, do the attributes of a particular belt, etc. remain the same if there are no stars? E.g., if I have a belt that adds 1+ to all attributes, will the belt's effect still exist if it loses its stars as I level through the game? If it does exist, the star system doesn't seem to make much sense - better to go by colors as to rarity and value of drops.

Also, I'm bummed that the codex takes longer to get to in this game, since the backstory to this universe is really well done and one of the primary reasons I love DA. While some codex entries are automatically flashed on screen when you trigger them, codex entries for equipment usually require you to hit Start-->Journal--> and then navigate to the log. DA:O just let you hit "back" (if you did it within a certain period of time after triggering the codex entry, you'd automatically go to that entry for easy reading). DA2 goes to the map when you hit "back", which is pointless, since most people have the map display in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Finished the game last night on hard: while I enjoyed the writing, particularly the characterization and dialogue, the rest of the game is deeply flawed and obviously rushed. It's really too bad that Bioware felt the need to "Mass Effect" this game.

Yes. The stars only mean compared to the equipment that you'll be finding at the time. So what was once five stars will soon be one star, because it's assumed that the equipment you'll be finding will have better bonuses than a previous piece of equipment.

In practice, it's horribly broken. I've seen two weapons, with the exact same bonuses, get rated respectively 1 star and 4 stars. The system makes no sense.

Micius said:
I think this might offend some people, but when I played the game I gradually felt like I was seeing a lot of parallels with... well...

The Chantry =
United States of America
The Templars =
The State of Israel
The Mages =
The State of Palestine
Blood Magic =
Suicide Bombing
Tranquility =
Targetted Killing
Meredith =
Ariel Sharon
Orsino =
Yassir Arafat
Anders =
Osama bin Laden

I'm not going to go into the details of what the parallels are. If you see it then you see it and Wikipedia should cover some of the details if you are not sure what I'm referring to.

No, it's really more like any one of a million X-Men plots, only with mages instead of mutants.

Lime

Micius said:

The Chantry =
United States of America
The Templars =
The State of Israel
The Mages =
The State of Palestine
Blood Magic =
Suicide Bombing
Tranquility =
Targetted Killing
Meredith =
Ariel Sharon
Orsino =
Yassir Arafat
Anders =
Osama bin Laden

arnold-pot-weed-decriminalize.jpg

Gvaz

Banned
Micius said:

The Chantry =
United States of America
The Templars =
The State of Israel
The Mages =
The State of Palestine
Blood Magic =
Suicide Bombing
Tranquility =
Targetted Killing
Meredith =
Ariel Sharon
Orsino =
Yassir Arafat
Anders =
Osama bin Laden

Switch Mages and Templars around and I'll agree with you lmao

webrunner

I wonder.. if Awakening didnt' exist, would DA2 not have been as rushed? I mean, Awakening had a lot of earmarks that it was rushed as well, particularly the scripting bugs that make it feel like it was put together by Obsidian (The number of dead characters suddenly coming back for a cutscene or characters otherwise duplicated is ridiculous)

Patryn

WickedLaharl said:
is bioware ever going to patch the exiled prince achievements or will i have to wait until their sorry asses role out some DLC?

Probably in the first major patch for the consoles, which should also include auto-attack and fixing the infinite XP glitch.

If you want to blame someone, blame Microsoft, which only allows a company 2 free patches. Any additional patches after that costs the company money.

WickedLaharl said:
is bioware ever going to patch the exiled prince achievements or will i have to wait until their sorry asses role out some DLC?

I believe this has been fixed. I purchased this on Friday, and despite it being really shittily implemented into your playthrough (you have to reload your saves from Act I/II if you're on Act III or have completed the game), I still managed to unlock all of the achievements for it. If you already downloaded it, you may have to delete the content and redownload.

Patryn said:
If you want to blame someone, blame Microsoft, which only allows a company 2 free patches. Any additional patches after that costs the company money.

nah. bioware doesn't get a free pass because of microsofts shortcomings.

ThingontheFloor said:
I believe this has been fixed. I purchased this on Friday, and despite it being really shittily implemented into your playthrough (you have to reload your saves from Act I/II if you're on Act III or have completed the game), I still managed to unlock all of the achievements for it. If you already downloaded it, you may have to delete the content and redownload.

hopefully this will work for me as well.

Patryn said:
Probably in the first major patch for the consoles, which should also include auto-attack and fixing the infinite XP glitch.

Blame the people who made and released the buggy game for the buggy game. I guess you can blame the slow turnaround partly on Microsoft.

Alucrid

Banned
Well now. I bought the game from Amazon for $20, less than a week later I'll be sending it back for $35.50 in credit. Not bad if I say so myself.

The game was bleh. So many reused dungeons, a lot of bugs and glitches, awful story. The end, what the fuck happened? The whole, blood magic this, blood magic that, got to be annoying.

I did learn that I should have...played female mage hawk on PC though.

questions to you all..

ok so i did the unlimited + xp trick to go up 3 levels. now i notice looking at weapon shops, some of the weapons with higher damage is showing up. so does the weapon attributes go up as you level up as well? what about some of the unique armor sets peices i've collected? does it mean once i find the final chest peiece to my descented armor, it's going to be shit?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Durante said:
Is it just me or does this game have more unique loading screens than dungeon layouts? It's quite peculiar.
The loading screens are really phenomenal. Best part of the game.

Xilium

macfoshizzle said:
questions to you all..

ok so i did the unlimited + xp trick to go up 3 levels. now i notice looking at weapon shops, some of the weapons with higher damage is showing up. so does the weapon attributes go up as you level up as well? what about some of the unique armor sets peices i've collected? does it mean once i find the final chest peiece to my descented armor, it's going to be shit?
Only a select few weapons level up with you and it will be stated in the items stats. As for weapon shops, I suppose their inventory could change as you level up as oppose to just between acts(I never noticed) but if its a non-unique item (the grey icon ones) that means it's randomly generated and those can have varying stats.

For the armor sets, they are generally better than most armor pieces you will get and come with an additional bonus when you have all the pieces equipped at once and each act has a new set. I personally just stuck with the set armors (I had the Issac armor for the first half of act I) for cosmetic reasons and started making the transition to the next set once I gathered 2 or 3 of the new set. If you want to min/max though, you will find a handful of pieces that are better than the equivalent set armor piece.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
npm0925 said:
I finished this turd of a game today. Never again will I blind buy Bioware titles.
Nothing in this world will keep you from buying Mass Effect 3 on day zero.

K.Jack said:

My opinion of Bioware has gone down drastically recently (not even that big of a fan of ME2), and I'm still going to get ME3 day 0 and I'll probably pay the $20 extra they will require for the useless collector's edition.

It is inevitable.

Xilium

K.Jack said:
Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
My opinion of Bioware has gone down drastically recently (not even that big of a fan of ME2), and I'm still going to get ME3 day 0 and I'll probably pay the $20 extra they will require for the useless collector's edition.

It is inevitable.
My interest in the ME series was already limited due to the fact that I dislike playing shooters and after ME2 and DA2, I think I'm done drinking the Bioware kool-aid. I might ultimately end up getting DA3 when it's on sale but I'm done with ME (I'm of the very small minority that actually like Alpha Protocol more than ME2) and have zero interest in SWTOR.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I think I might just shelve this until I run out of stuff to play...

The only thing entertaining about it for me is the conversation parts with some of the characters. I rather like the Dragon Age world, so that's the only part of this game that keeps me interested. The actual running from place to place, the looting and lack of ability to manage equipment, the complete lack of variety, and the awful combat, just bore the hell out of me to the point where I actually start feeling a little depressed after spending time with the game.

I guess Bioware has just moved int a direction that is no longer for me. I'll definitely not be picking up ME3 at release if they put it out for $59.99, which I am fairly certain they will. Despite my love of MMORPGs, I find myself completely disinterested in SW:TOR, too.

Wired review: http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/03/dragon-age-ii-review/

Role-playing videogames live and die by magic tricks. The best ones envelop you with illusion, keeping you so entranced by your adventure through their stories and worlds that you forget you’re just mashing buttons while jumping from plot point to plot point. The worst leave you wondering why you’re still playing.

Bioware’s Dragon Age II, released March 8 for PlayStation 3, PC and Xbox 360 (reviewed), falls into the latter category.

5/10

Top Bottom