• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age II |OT| The Revenge of Shit Mountain

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
GrandHarrier said:
User reviews are usually well thought out, with appropriately given scores, like the 0's from Portal 2 players.
Valve dorks wooshed in with 10s to cancel most of it out. But nobody went to stick up for Dragon Age 2 for a reason.

I bought the new item pack for my Warrior. It has some pretty awesome gear! I am bummed that i spent 111 Gold for King Something The Forgotten's Armor, since The Golden Prince's Raiment is better, other than not having immunity to stun. It is not so tankish on your defense either, but it has 2 Rune slots.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Not sure if anyone came across this before but...

Nice touch Bioware. (On a side note, Xfire takes some really low quality screenshots...)

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Complistic said:
I'm kind of hoping they just stop now before they do more damage to the series.
Ouch. I don't think DLC will make DA2 worse. The game is already one large DLC quest.

I think DA2 was flawed and a clear rush job, but all and all I enjoyed my time with it. The combat while stream lined was still fun, and I found the main group of NPCs enjoyable. The plot had its ups and downs but I thought it was solid enough up until the ending.

Did it change my life? No. Is it some travesty and you're a fool with horrible taste if you liked it? Also No.

Sir Garbageman said:
Did it change my life? No. Is it some travesty and you're a fool with horrible taste if you liked it? Also No.
But you are a sucker if you paid more than $20 for it.

Also it seems the first round of DLC content is out. Its a bunch of worthless items that are completely pointless because this game isn't really difficult to begin with.

item_pack-01-warrior.jpg

item_pack-01-rogue.jpg

item_pack-01-mage.jpg

Lostconfused said:

I paid $60 and I got 40+ hours of entertainment out of it. I enjoyed practically every minute I spent with the game and plan on playing through a second time eventually which I rarely do. I don't consider myself a sucker.

On the flip side I can name at least 10 games in my STEAM library that I regret buying at the price point I did, so I'm not one to just defend my purchases blindly.

Sir Garbageman said:
I paid $60 and I got 40+ hours of entertainment out of it. I enjoyed practically every minute I spent with the game and plan on playing through a second time eventually which I rarely do. I don't consider myself a sucker.

On the flip side I can name at least 10 games in my STEAM library that I regret buying at the price point I did, so I'm not one to just defend my purchases blindly.
Well I guess it's great that at least one person is out there that can enjoy this game so much.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Lostconfused said:

Also it seems the first round of DLC content is out. Its a bunch of worthless items that are completely pointless because this game isn't really difficult to begin with.

item_pack-01-warrior.jpg

item_pack-01-rogue.jpg

item_pack-01-mage.jpg

Disgusting.

We're back to horse armor, folks!

Anyone who has claimed a piece of his stolen property has met a gruesome and untimely end.

I swear this is the flavour text they use for 70% of their DLC items.

Edit: And presumably this is the reason they didn't release an SDK...

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
these desings are better than every piece of armor in the original game. If they showed this like 2 years ago I'd be excited about the game.

I really enjoyed the game, but I will say releasing unique armor sets as DLC when the game is so incredibly lacking in them is abysmal.

Mass Effect 2 had the same problem; the Dr. Pepper promotional helmets were superb compared to the minute amount included on the disc.

Gvaz

Banned
Confidence Man said:
Release shit unfinished game, follow up with shitty overpriced DLC. Insult, meet injury.
Internet, meet Bioware of New.
shagg_187 said:
Got an email from EA. if you buy DA2 at their web store, you get Mass Effect 2 for free. Good deal IMO.
That deal has been around for a while now. Everyone is in agreement that it's a way to get people to buy DA2 by enticing with an actual decent game

It's offensive.

Yurt said:
The combat feels like World of Warcraft now, but inferior. You have significantly less spells and you don't have the freedom you had before in specializations. Who here honestly didn't play the majority of the game with Anders as a healer or/and Aveline as a tank ?

The melee combat is MUCH better. though I miss the awesome slo-mo finishers :(

If you didn't play as a healer in DA:O you had to use Wynne. If you didn't play as a tank you had to use Alistair (or to a lesser and much worse degree, Shale).

This hasn't changed at all.

GrandHarrier said:
If you didn't play as a healer in DA:O you had to use Wynne. If you didn't play as a tank you had to use Alistair (or to a lesser and much worse degree, Shale).
Unless you played on PC and just got a mod that let you respec any character.

Edit: But even if you didn't use that mod you still had options. Unlike in DA2, where you have none. As far as healing is concerned anyways. You can choose between two warrior tanks.

Ponti

GrandHarrier said:

Wut. Shale was the best tank in the game.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
GrandHarrier said:

Eh, my second playthrough I had such an abundance of potions, that my Evil rogue that killed off Wynne, still had no trouble keeping the party alive. Granted it isn't ideal compared to a full healer class and NOT having a respec option for my party is a travesty by default. But I managed fine.

I never used Alistair anyway because he is a ponce. And Shale was a lesser tank, but did the job...even if he is far more squishy than Alistair, ironically.

Gvaz

Banned
Basileus777 said:
Early in the game maybe. But sword and shielders are much much better later on.
I had an easier time using shale to tank the High dragon than with alistair. This was doing that whole thing 2nd to last and close to 20.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Gvaz said:
He found darkspawn armor, and people have already found that ages ago.

My character's normal skin tone is dark brown, but his arms are white when that armor is equipped. Minor graphical glitch, but it kind of killed my character for me in cutscenes for a little while until I found some better armor.

Most of these kids post on this thread just to bash the game over and over again. LOL Let us who actually enjoy the game talk about it. Even if that is just a handful of people on Gaf. :p

Wonder why it took them this long to release simple DLC armor. You'd think they'd want something like that out within a week of release so they'd be more reasonable purchases for all the people who bought the game day one.

Wonder how far off any significant DLC is, then.

shagg_187 said:
Got an email from EA. if you buy DA2 at their web store, you get Mass Effect 2 for free. Good deal IMO.
Yeah, it's not really a deal. A few weeks back anyone who bought Dragon Age 2 new anywhere got ME2 for free.

Mikey Jr.

Ok, I WANT to play this game again. Got about 7 hours in and just fucking gave up from boredom. I think it had to do with being a 2 handed warrior.

Is the mage or rogue a "funner" class to play with? Rogue more so?

HadesGigas said:
Wonder why it took them this long to release simple DLC armor. You'd think they'd want something like that out within a week of release so they'd be more reasonable purchases for all the people who bought the game day one.

Wonder how far off any significant DLC is, then.
They probably timed that DLC to be released after the major patch for consoles came out.

Gvaz

Banned
Gillian Seed said:
Most of these kids post on this thread just to bash the game over and over again. LOL Let us who actually enjoy the game talk about it. Even if that is just a handful of people on Gaf. :p
Alright, you can play in your little sandbox and the grownups can play in the iron jungle like men
Lt7fg.gif

Mikey Jr. said:
Ok, I WANT to play this game again. Got about 7 hours in and just fucking gave up from boredom. I think it had to do with being a 2 handed warrior.

Is the mage or rogue a "funner" class to play with? Rogue more so?
Mage is fun, if you mean stupidly boring. Same with rogue. I haven't touched the warrior much as a main PC

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Not buying this DLC (never bought the weapon crap for ME2 either). Hope they got some post game DLC coming.

Mikey Jr.

Gvaz said:
Alright, you can play in your little sandbox and the grownups can play in the iron jungle like men
Lt7fg.gif

Mage is fun, if you mean stupidly boring. Same with rogue. I haven't touched the warrior much as a main PC

Boring how?

I had a blast with an assassin-specced rogue, it never really got dull at all (apart from during the [Act 2 ending spoiler]
Arishok
fight) And anyway, if you feel like changing the style around, there are always three other classes/specs right there beside you on the battlefield to switch to.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Gillian Seed said:

I wonder why you're so determined to believe this. The majority of people know it's an awful, boring and rushed game.

Ysiadmihi said:
I wonder why you're so determined to believe this. The majority of people know it's an awful, boring and rushed game.

Why do you keep posting more hate in this thread? I am sure there are threads on other games that you actually enjoy to post on. Saying you dislike the game numerous times in the same thread is pointless.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Gillian Seed said:
Why do you keep posting more hate in this thread? I am sure there are threads on other games that you actually enjoy to post on. Saying you dislike the game numerous times in the same thread is pointless.

I think you're a little confused about how things work in a discussion. OTs on GAF aren't just for praise.

Ysiadmihi said:
The majority of people think it's an awful, boring game.

Fixed.

Those are opinions really, aren't they.

Ysiadmihi said:
The majority of people know it's a rushed game.

Whereas this is a fact.

Discussions based around facts work better than discussions of individual opinions, obviously.

Gvaz

Banned
Mister_Bubbles said:
I had a blast with an assassin-specced rogue, it never really got dull at all (apart from during the [Act 2 ending spoiler]
Arishok
fight) And anyway, if you feel like changing the style around, there are always three other classes/specs right there beside you on the battlefield to switch to.
Yes, I never played any one character exclusively. I just hated every minute of it and wanted it to be DA:O instead.

Luthos

Man, and that mage armor actually looks cool.

Like others have said, I hate that what few armor variation there is in the game doesn't even look that great, and then they release armor as DLC.

It's amazing how little armor/weapon variation developers put in RPGs nowadays. Hell, half the fun of an RPG is getting new (and different looking) loot.

Gillian Seed said:
Odd.

Your name doesn't look red.

Wow @ that DLC. Just wow. Not much hope for ME3 and Swtor being free of this bullshit at this point, is there? I swear if they botch those two I'm done with Bioware.

Van Buren

ElectricBlue187 said:
Wow @ that DLC. Just wow. Not much hope for ME3 and Swtor being free of this bullshit at this point, is there? I swear if they botch those two I'm done with Bioware.

I'm highly curious how Bioware will handle ME3's story and dlc. Fans of the series will probably be disappointed if dlc is the only way to get closure to parts of the story they have been anticipating for years.

Van Buren said:
I'm highly curious how Bioware will handle ME3's story and dlc. Fans of the series will probably be disappointed if dlc is the only way to get closure to parts of the story they have been anticipating for years.
I'm willing to bet many of the characters won't get closure till after release DLC.

:(

Top Bottom