• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age II |OT| The Revenge of Shit Mountain

X-Frame

Patryn said:
That sucks. I just double checked, and I definitely do have Release-Date Delivery.

Oh well.

Usually I end up getting things I order from them earlier than the estimated arrival time anyway.

Deadly Cyclone said:
Auto-Attack is on consoles? Nice. You don't have to mash A.

Also, your family changes based on your character looks.
Oh man I hope they fixed the "omg why are my parents white when I'm black, must be adopted :(" thing in DA:O lol

jackdoe

ElectricBlue187 said:
Oh man I hope they fixed the "omg why are my parents white when I'm black, must be adopted :(" thing in DA:O lol
Speaking of which, I didn't notice a lot of racial diversity in DA: O. I could swear every human I ran into was white.

Patryn

ElectricBlue187 said:

They've already announced that your family's appearance will alter based on how you alter your appearance.

jackdoe said:
Speaking of which, I didn't notice a lot of racial diversity in DA: O. I could swear every human I ran into was white.

African and Asian phenotypes in a fantasy setting?
That's about as likely as there being a free dlc campaign.

B-Dex

Can't even watch this stream.

Every 2 mins they talk about gum and every 10 seconds a new google add pops up.

Not to mention the people talking sound like those "I am the most smartest nerd of all the nerds bow down to my knowledge" types.

hermit7

B-Dex said:

Not to mention the people talking sound like those "I am the most smartest nerd of all the nerds bow down to my knowledge" types.

I agree was turned off by the hosts. What I saw though intrigued me. I liked the numbers flashing across the screen, and love that there is an autoattack.

I preordered the signature edition months ago, and am not regretting that decision one bit. It may not be everyones cup of tea, but I have been longing for a RPG since New Vegas came out, and Bioware has always put out good products.

lol haters just a constant taint on this game everywhere i look. I'm excited to play this.

B-Dex said:

I sort of agree. Why even bother having a camera pointed at the players? Especially when they are obnoxious and loud mouthed american nerds.

B-Dex said:

Yeah, the gum stiff was absurd. But I guess that's the cost of sponsors, right? As far as the hosts go, Nguyen seems like a decent dude and it was nice to see T-Frog pop in, even if it was obvious that he came to pimp the gum.

Did anyone catch the return of the Blood Dragon armor in your Hawke family mansion chest? I wonder if it's as game-breakingly-over-powered as it was in DAO, not that I didn't use it...

Fix The Scientist said:
lol haters just a constant taint on this game everywhere i look. I'm excited to play this.

I sort of agree. Why even bother having a camera pointed at the players? Especially when they are obnoxious and loud mouthed american nerds.

You'd rather they point the camera at a bunch of Asian nerds? And calling scooter obnoxious or loud-mouthed is just infantile and unnecessary. He's neither of those things. But I will agree they needed to STFU about gum etc, and keep the footage of the game on screen. There's absolutely no point to showing a person playing a game. Unless its Tina.

But as for the game, didn't change my mind at all. Still getting this day 1. Cant wait.

itxaka

Defeatist
bigdaddygamebot said:
Where I work, there's a great number of people that game and would not fall into the enthusiast category. Since the demo came out, there's been a steady caravan of love passing my office, with people sticking their head in and saying, "Dude! Did you play the new Dragon Age II demo? It's awesome!!!"

I've given up trying to explain that I hate the new direction. I just respond with, "Nope, not yet...can't wait!"

So although it's not so popular here on GAF, in the real world, I do believe that Dragon Age II will do just fine.

I'm soothing my disappointment with rumors of Obsidian trying to make Icewind Dale III and that Vagrant Story is hitting PSN tomorrow.

Of course it will do fine. You press a button and something awesome happens. People like that more than managing strategic battles or pausing the game to think what they need to do. They prefer killing 40 guys on every encounter than having 4 which can kill you.

They have made the game to cater to more people, no less.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I just canceled my Bioware Signature pre-order thanks to this thread. And I am not kidding =P

Door2Dawn

Banned
itxaka said:
Of course it will do fine. You press a button and something awesome happens. People like that more than managing strategic battles or pausing the game to think what they need to do. They prefer killing 40 guys on every encounter than having 4 which can kill you.

So. Fucking. Stupid.

vocab

Man that stream showed nothing about the game. Showed a few locations, and the world map, but nothing really to change my demo impressions. Id like to see the later levels at least.

itxaka said:

Last time I checked, Bioware is a business. Sounds to me like they made some changes that will appeal to more gamers while maintaining a lot of what made Origins great. Based on some early reviews, it seems like they succeeded. I guess we'll know in a week or so. I assume they knew they'd lose some hardcore DA fans, but probably crunched some numbers and figured they'd garner more new fans. I'm a big Origins fan, and nothing in the demo offended me. Shrug.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Relix said:
I just canceled my Bioware Signature pre-order thanks to this thread. And I am not kidding =P

Damn, I would have bought it from you. Don't want to sell my Signature pre-order, but I'm seriously contemplating ebay-ing it and putting my profit towards the Rock Band Squier. :D

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Fix The Scientist said:

FeoBc.jpg

itxaka

Defeatist
Kinspiracy said:
Last time I checked, Bioware is a business. Sounds to me like they made some changes that will appeal to more gamers while maintaining a lot of what made Origins great. Based on some early reviews, it seems like they succeeded. I guess we'll know in a week or so. I assume they knew they'd lose some hardcore DA fans, but probably crunched some numbers and figured they'd garner more new fans. I'm a big Origins fan, and nothing in the demo offended me. Shrug.

Of course. From a business perspective is a really good decision to cater to more gamers. Of course, people who love other kind of games, more complex, or less action oriented are not gonna be happy. I already stated in the demo thread that, while compared to the first one it was kind of shitty, taking the game by itself wasn't that bad. I was actually surprised by the flow of the combat as I expected it to be much worst based on the videos.

I was just stating the obvious.

So. Fucking. Stupid.

I didn't say anything wrong. feel free to correct me if I did.

jackdoe

Relix said:

I was on the verge of canceling my Signature edition after the shitty demo. I'm still teetering on the edge; any review says anything I don't like and I'll cancel it.

jackdoe said:
I was on the verge of canceling my Signature edition after the shitty demo. I'm still teetering on the edge; any review says anything I don't like and I'll cancel it.

Doesn't you thinking the demo is shitty mean you won't like it....?

Lostconfused said:
Since when are official threads equal to troll threads now?
Come the fuck on. Read the OP and tell me what purpose this thread is supposed to serve. Regardless of your opinion on Dragon Age II, that's completely unnecessary and only serves the purpose of stifling actual constructive conversation about the game.

Imagine if my Persona 3 Portable official thread was just me talking about how much I hate the visual novel style and how everyone should just play the game on PS2, or not even because Persona 4 is a better game anyway. That shit would be locked in an instant and I'd probably get shoved in the penalty box for it, and rightfully so.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Fix The Scientist said:

:lol

So being obnoxious and loud mouthed nerds isn't enough for you to hate them? You hate them because they are American as well?

Having loud and obnoxious citizens isn't unique to just one country.

I AM JOHN! said:
Imagine if my Persona 3 Portable official thread was just me talking about how much I hate the visual novel style and how everyone should just play the game on PS2, or not even because Persona 4 is a better game anyway. That shit would be locked in an instant and I'd probably get shoved in the penalty box for it, and rightfully so.
Yeah you are right its personal bias that lets shit like this happen

edit: or this

jackdoe

shinobi602 said:
Doesn't you thinking the demo is shitty mean you won't like it....?
There's a good chance I won't. BUT if the other aspects of the game win me over, then I may grow to like it. I'll have to wait for reviews to read about such other aspects.

Monocle

Incredible OT. Holy shit.

JambiBum said:
To be fair to John's point, the user that did the first OT you posted did get banned...Rez's OT wasn't a troll OT.
Let's be real. It was pretty sucktastic.

mintylurb

I AM JOHN! said:
Come the fuck on. Read the OP and tell me what purpose this thread is supposed to serve. Regardless of your opinion on Dragon Age II, that's completely unnecessary and only serves the purpose of stifling actual constructive conversation about the game.

Amen! You should email Tyler(owner of negoaf) and complain about evi abusing his mod power to make a troll thread. If we can slay dragona, we can take down evichan too!

Zeliard

I AM JOHN! said:

It's amusing seeing people getting angry at this. The OP is primarily just throwing Bioware's own words back at them.

mintylurb

JambiBum said:
To be fair to John's point, the user that did the first OT you posted did get banned...Rez's OT wasn't a troll OT.
That's his tag..You've been around long enough to know this..;<

Zeliard said:
It's amusing seeing people getting angry at this. The OP is primarily just throwing Bioware's own words back at them.
I don't like the direction Bioware took with this sequel so I'M GOING TO POST FAKE PC SPECS TO MAKE THE GAME SEEM LIKE IT CAME OUT TWENTY YEARS AGO AND A COMIC SHOWING CONSOLE PEASANTS PISSING ALL OVER GLORIOUS MASTER RACE MEMBERS. THAT'LL SURE SHOW BIOWARE WHO'S BOSS!!!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Zeliard said:

Its funny but EviLore is totally trolling the game too. You can't really separate the two

Almighty

shinobi602 said:
Hmm, never heard of them. Are they reliable?

Yes in my experience with them. Between me and my mom we have ordered probably a dozen or so things from Overstock and have had no problems.

Top Bottom