• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age II |OT| The Revenge of Shit Mountain

evangd007

EviLore said:
Obsidian is the only real potential avenue for this right now.

I'm pretty sure the world would be a better place if Obsidian handled base-system design, writing, and story for all WRPGs.

water_wendi said:
"I know I wouldnt turn you down."

Wow.

Yes, needs Obsidian writing badly.

Since this thread is already quite big, and the OP is really funny...but sorta confusing...can someone answer this?

Is Dragon Age II not very good? Like, based on demo impressions or any other hands-on?

If yes or no, is the PC version good, and the console version dumbed down?

So confused.

jackdoe

I'm not quite sure what to think about Bioware having a hi-res texture pack for download. While I'm glad they're including it, it feels like it was almost an afterthought for the PC.

Lime

"Want a sandwich?" XD

Seriously, DA2 = unintended comedic game of the year.

EDIT:
"I want you here. Until the day we die!"
Who the fuck wrote this crap?

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Lime said:
"Want a sandwich?" XD

Seriously, DA2 = unintended comedic game of the year.

EDIT:
"I want you here. Until the day we die!"
Who the fuck wrote this crap?
I can't decide if WANNA SANDWICH is innuendo or a genuinely kind gesture.

Merrill no don't touch that!

Criminal Upper said:
Is Dragon Age II not very good? Like, based on demo impressions or any other hands-on?
It's not like Dragon Age: Origins, possibly for the worse, particularly if you're playing on PC. Reviews will be up midnight tonight.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
I must seek the soonest opportunity to have Merrill killed off. It's the "Welsh" accent, I can't stand it as a true-blooded Englishman.

luxarific said:
Wait, is Anders really a
romantic option for male Hawke?
If so, props to Bioware.
Yeah, it's good to see more options available.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
My friend's wife really wants this thing for her birthday. I refuse to buy it in any way that actually benefits these dumbasses though.

I can't wait to hear her bitch about it afterward.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
This game is art. im being dead serious. It has elicited more varying emotional states within the space of five minutes than every classical painting ive seen total in my life. Anger, hilarity, despair, awe. Fuck Ebert.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Thank you Unity2012, we do indeed believe... In sandwiches.

I like the idea in chat that Hawke is Aveline's gay best friend!

WanderingWind

water_wendi said:
This game is art. im being dead serious. It has elicited more varying emotional states within the space of five minutes than every classical painting ive seen total in my life. Anger, hilarity, despair, awe. Fuck Ebert.

And this post elicited more lulz than a dozen LOLCats.

Thnikkaman said:
I must seek the soonest opportunity to have Merrill killed off. It's the "Welsh" accent, I can't stand it as a true-blooded Englishman.

crecy.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist. :p

Heads up guys.. save your shit when your dealing with Amazon, this is the only negative thing i can say about them.

I contacted Amazon twice, once before asking them if i can apply a promo amount to an already placed order and the rep said yes and i contacted them after the amount was applied on my account and this one says he can't do it.

CSA:I'm sorry El, I don't show a record of that chat on your account. I apologize that that associate was incorrect. We wouldn't be able to apply this credit to this order. This credit would have to be used at checkout.3:22:19 PM

Because of what he said during this convo i save every Amazon order, promo confirmation and chat record... later on he agrees to help me

CSA:I'm sorry, El. I wouldn't be able to place any orders on the website. I can cancel the order but I can't place a new order. I'll tell you what I can do. After the order ships out, I can review the order and refund $20.00 on the order. I'll unredeem your promotional certificate so that it can't be used. I'll send you a confirmation e-mail after I issue the refund. This is an one-time exception to our standard policy, and can only be performed once on your Amazon account. Would this work for you, El?3:32:09 PM

so today i contacted Amazon and the rep tells me two things... Amazon doesn't have any records of the chat i had with the rep on Jan 17th (the 6th time amazon tells me this) and that no promo credit was applied or used on my account.. a little back and forth and he does a search on my account and tries to tell me that the 20 was applied to my order of playstation move ($90 brought down to 60) i tell him that i purchased the living social amazon gift card and i used the killzone 3 promo for that order.. he again brings up that amazon has no chat record of that night, at this point i was pissed.. it felt as if he was calling me a liar so i search for the confirmation email and the convo chat i had with the rep and i send it to him.. he takes a few minutes and he finally said "i found the chat you had with the rep, i will issue a refund"

Dragon Age 2 - $20.. the price it deserves

51694163.jpg

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I'm not watching livestream (link?), but I suppose there's some hot "sandwich" action available in the game?

Songbird

Prodigal Son
So much nug-humping bastardry going on! Enemies everywhere!

Stream

I'm fucking sold. Day one.

...and Hawke solves the entire party's problems for them. I'm going to stop commenting because it'll spoil the fun.

WanderingWind

"Oh, it's just one segment of the game that was greatly exaggerated for effect. Totally NOT representative of the whole game."

Bunch of fucking liars.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
ExMachina said:
http://www.justin.tv/cizzzats

Enjoy (?).

"I'm coming for you, you nug-humping bastards!"

I'm glad to see that my favorite feature of DAO is back - the same battle voice clips repeating every 5 seconds.

damn, I started watching this two minutes ago and I'm afraid I'm not buying this game even on Christmas sale. Something is wrong here.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Would be an awesome idea if the narrating dwarf is just a crazy person making everything up. Like he never even met Hawke. Would be like if some drunk guy at a bar was trying to impress you with how he knew Bill Gates or Charlie Sheen or something.

Top Bottom