• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age II |OT| The Revenge of Shit Mountain

Patryn

RyanDG said:
There are parts of that review that we know are absolutely wrong right now and I contend it is moneyhatted.

Until one of these third party reviewers specifically show proof that their review copies have auto-attack, each time that they mention this as being an option on consoles just shows that they are shilling off the PR bs that Bioware was feeding them.

Edit:
I'm being mildly sarcastic about the money hatted part... just mildly.

Nah, it's likely that they got the correct "fixed" version, and not the plebian version we'll get.

It would be nice if the review mentioned that console auto-attack will soon be patched-in though, if Bioware gets around it (they are determined to drill into people that BUTTON=AWESOME. You WILL accept the AWESOME BUTTON.)

Lime

Seriously. One of the party members screams "FOR FREEDOM" in combat. This is such a travesty. EA and Bioware needs to publicly apologise and lay off the entire DA team, because this is just embarassing for everyone involved.

benita

Banned
Would someone mind giving me - as a person completely unfamiliar with DA - the brief rundown on what this thread is about and how DA2 has seemingly reached Tony Hawk: Ride levels of derision?

benita said:
Would someone mind giving me - as a person completely unfamiliar with DA - the brief rundown on what this thread is about and how DA2 has seemingly reached Tony Hawk: Ride levels of derision?
WONDER OF WONDERS

Lime

benita said:

http://justin.tv/cizzzats

Bath in the glory of "Awesome".

EDIT: "Destructive forces of nature: COMING UP!" :lol

RyanDG

Patryn said:
Nah, it's likely that they got the correct "fixed" version, and not the plebian version we'll get.

It would be nice if the review mentioned that console auto-attack will soon be patched-in though, if Bioware gets around it (they are determined to drill into people that BUTTON=AWESOME. You WILL accept the AWESOME BUTTON.)

To be honest, I really do think that they are reviewing off the PR tape here... I really don't think its in the review copies. I would love to be proved otherwise. But the simple fact that NONE of the console reviews (or previews) really mentions how it controls with the auto-attack feature, implies to me that no one even tried it and rather, simply stated it was in there because Bioware said so.

I would love to be proved otherwise here, but I don't think I'm wrong about this...

Anyways, still debating on purchasing the PC version or not. Part of me wants to because of the time I devoted to DA:O, but I hated the demo, I hate the way the game moves now, I hate the new animations, and I hate how the tactical positioning for rogues is simply now a matter of pressing a button to get behind an enemy. Blah.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Fimbulvetr said:
Edit: Oh god Yuri Lowenthal in every RPG.
sneakgaf.jpg

also "WINNING at Dragon Age 2 (PC full game) - neogaf and /v/ welcome"

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
RyanDG said:
To be honest, I really do think that they are reviewing off the PR tape here... I really don't think its in the review copies. I would love to be proved otherwise. But the simple fact that NONE of the console reviews (or previews) really mentions how it controls with the auto-attack feature, implies to me that no one even tried it and rather, simply stated it was in there because Bioware said so.

I would love to be proved otherwise here, but I don't think I'm wrong about this...

Anyways, still debating on purchasing the PC version or not. Part of me wants to because of the time I devoted to DA:O, but I hated the demo, I hate the way the game moves now, I hate the new animations, and I hate how the tactical positioning for rogues is simply now a matter of pressing a button to get behind an enemy. Blah.

That was beyond hilarious to me.

Fredescu

benita said:
It hasn't reached those levels. People who just want a Bioware game will probably enjoy it. I wish I wasn't at work and could watch the streams though :(

RyanDG said:
I hate how the tactical positioning for rogues is simply now a matter of pressing a button to get behind an enemy. Blah.
What? Seriously? You automatically get behind them?

water_wendi said:
i think thats the level scaling thats causing that. The guy just glitched to max level 10 min ago.

Well with lots and lots of hitpoints, it gives the player lots and lots of chances to be AWESOME.

Without sounding like a small, petty man...this makes me feel so much better about cancelling my preorder after I tried the demo.

...although I'm sure I still sound small and petty. Oh well.

Fredescu said:
What? Seriously? You automatically get behind them?

This was in the demo...and it's fuckin' ridiculous. It's like Kasumi in ME2...although atleast ME2 had, "Hey! It's the future! It's science!" to fall back on.

REV 09

benita said:
You know how neoconservative republicans are resistant to change?

DA2=vastly expanding immigrant population.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Someone from the chat called it: this fight is like a Wow raid level fight, phases and all. Kicks the shit out of DA:Os combat by far.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
OMG!

Those Diarrhea effects splosh!, splish! splash! mixed in with the pew pew pew mage blast with the one liners has me in laughing tears

The boulder drop needs to be giffed haha, this game is a comedy gold mine

Dragon Age 2 not a WRPG, a Western Role Playing Comedy based on sound effects from sound effects CD volume #3

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Fredescu said:
Oh, I guess it's not bad if you can't use it every time.
Its a skill called Backstab. You only backstab (afaik from the demo.. uninstalled so cant check it) when you activate the Backstab skill. Its not like how it was in Origins.

water_wendi said:
Someone from the chat called it: this fight is like a Wow raid level fight, phases and all. Kicks the shit out of DA:Os combat by far.
so in that case all fights in this game are incredibly fucking boring?

TheExodu5

Banned
ZephyrFate said:
so in that case all fights in this game are incredibly fucking boring?

I don't know what he's talking about. WoW is infinitely more interesting and challenging than what I've seen on the stream.

He seriously stood there, in 1 spot, just spamming spells non stop. A big rock crushed him, and he just stayed there. I don't get it.

Roscoe

Neo Member
Whoever on GAF posted in the chat "I'm a wizard and this shit is fucked up", thanks for making me spit up my cocktail.

Iztli said:
"BioWare is one of the few companies that uses the advanced computing power available to modern game designers"

**spills drink**

"In fact, like Uncharted 2 and Empire Strikes Back, Dragon Age II is the rare sequel that improves upon its already excellent predecessor."

How dare they insult ESB like that.

Lime

Fimbulvetr said:
"In fact, like Uncharted 2 and Empire Strikes Back, Dragon Age II is the rare sequel that improves upon its already excellent predecessor."

How dare they insult ESB like that.

"Bottom Line: A pinnacle of role-playing games with well-designed mechanics and excellent story-telling, Dragon Age II is what videogames are meant to be."

Wow...

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Choice quote from qbert on SA: "The strategy guide arrived today from Amazon. The entire guide is 271 pages, and the main quest walkthrough for the game encompasses pages 20-45. This seems like it might be a short game."

Top Bottom