• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT2| Leave the damn Hinterlands!

diaspora

It's true. Vivienne may look down on everyone, but it's only because everyone is being so naive about how rulership and stability actually work. You can have disagreements with her, but your reasoning better be more articulate than a teenager demanding freedom over their own life from their parents.

The mages are busy looking at what is possible instead of what happens because of their search of it, the rebels of every other sort are too busy looking at incidents involving rule to realize that infrastructure is indispensable, and she may acquiesce to the problems of tight theocratic rulership a bit too much but she is fully lucid about the implications of every aspect and what the least of many evils is.

The thing about her is that nobody is her intellectual rival except for maybe Dorian, but he doesn't care to challenge her because their worlds are separate except for the great evil that would threaten them both. Remove that aspect and he will still have problems with the Chantry, but his issues with it are separate from anything that anyone else would bring up.

He's smart enough to realize that no revolution or inquisition is going to smoothly and quickly transform a system and faith ingrained in so many people, and trying to slowly change a system while holding it is better than uprooting it, because in doing so you all to quickly become the all more severe form of the very thing you hated most about the old establishment.

You know, I actually never thought about having two mages in my party, but the potential for their banter is so high I might go for it. If I come across a locked door I can always come back later.

lol this brings to mention how when you kill innocent, gentle animals your party shouts things like they are killing darkspawn

*blows up a halla* "ONE DOOOWWNN!!"
You've explained why I like her better than I could.
I realized how right she was when I took the mage path, left to their own devices the Libertarians took over Redcliffe and invited a Magister- a foreign power into Ferelden. Fiona is god damn stupid.
I can't imagine that happening for me, which is why I hope she won't have a pivotal role in any future add-on. I just want to keep ignoring here as I've done so far. If I could choose the main character for new content, Leliana or Dorian would get my vote.
She understands that the best way for mages to move forward and progress is to strengthen their meager political power and to work to change the status quo by working in it like inviting mages to join the chantry rather than to break away with no plan or consideration for the common citizens. She wants progress which is why she "Greatly Approved" of the suggestion of Chantry-Mage integration, not revolution. Revolution helps no one and makes mages look like assholes even if it's a slim majority taking the libertarian side. I mean, I took the mage origin in DA:O, look at what happened to the Ferelden circle. Were the templars paternalistic and unnecessarily strict? Sure, but who exactly benefited from Jowan's shenanigans to break away with blood magic from the circle? Nobody. That isn't to say that she's perfect though, her dismissal of Solas' theories on Cole and spirits in general are IMO unnecessary.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I love how Blackwall has taken to saying "Maker's balls!"

More screenshots just because love:
Inquisibabe
cj0FewQ.jpg

My glorious steed
iXVwwhl.jpg

WTF are you guys doing up there
aVoRS5C.jpg

WTF are you doing
P9DviF2.jpg

X-Frame

I started a second play through as a Qunari Warrior and am not sure what specialization I will take when the time comes.

I didn't find Templar that interesting on Cassandra in my first play through, besides the powerful Wrath of Heaven + Spell Purge combo, but that got boring. Am I missing something with Templar?

Therefore right now it's between Reaver and Champion. I loved how Blackwall was near immortal so I think it could be fun to try a 2-Handed Champion. Then again the ridiculous AoE damage potential with Iron Bull's Reaver spec was fun too. Hmmm.

Since the latest PS4 patch the game has been bugging out for me a lot
In the patch notes it mentioned that it fixes an issue with a forever "Connecting to Dragon Age servers..." screen - a bug which I never encountered until the patch. I now see it 50% of the time after launching the game.

Also, all audio now just randomly cuts out during cutscenes, the game freezes quite a bit, and there have been a few times I've just had to quit the app cus I was unable to do anything. I hope they patch it again soon :/

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Any starting tips for a Nightmare playthrough? I know the duping glitch is gone, but I'm wondering if there's anything else I should know. I'm just trucking along through the Hinterlands trying to overlevel by doing all the quests.

Finished the game last night on Nightmare. It was fun once I got passed the disappointment that this wasn't a return to the type of strategic FRPG I prefer.

I'm not sure I'll ever be up to playing through it again, which stinks because I missed out on three cheevos due to glitches and a story choice: Sera romance bug, a high dragon not being flagged properly and the choice of
not drinking from the well

The dragon cheevo pisses me off because a few of those fights were hard as hell and required a lot of battling against the game's AI. I should have kept more saves. :/

Dice

Reaver's dragon rage + fully upgraded regeneration potion + 3 guard on hit = goodbye dragons

I cannot believe the speed with which I tore through the top dragons using this. Combat roll was also very helpful when they'd try to get away or stun me with scream, and since dragon rage doesn't use stamina it left everything free for block & slash when I needed it. Also, I don't know what they used exactly but Blackwall, Cassandra, and Vivienne didn't use a single potion.

In groups, reaver is significantly less impressive than Mighty Blow + Whirlwind. Ring of death pretty much requires me constantly attacking someone with my +30 stamina on hit amulet in order to stay up longer than 3 seconds because the "per second" seems to be going 3x too fast, and then still doesn't do as much as whirlwind. Pretty useless ring if you ask me.

I was kind of doubting if it was worth it over the other two specializations, but the crazy damage against high-HP enemies makes it work as I was also tearing through the larger demons at an advanced fade rift. If I didn't have guard on hit, block & slash, and combat roll it'd be broken, but I do, so it's cool.

Dice

I want some DLC starring Ser Barris. Not too long ago I was thinking about Ferguson and racial profiling and stuff, and I was thinking how I never saw a black character for the virtuous knight role.The closest thing I could think of in a movie was the protagonist of the film Redbelt, but that's really just in his character, not his role. I knew that historically knights are very euro-centric so you wouldn't see it much really, but why not go for it? It's fantasy. Fast forward to playing Inquisition and you have this cool guy who somehow avoids the biggest corruption of his ranks, survives it, proves his character on several missions and becomes Knight-Commander. From there, though, not much is done with him. He should get a DLC for sure.

I want some DLC starring Ser Barris. Not too long ago I was thinking about Ferguson and racial profiling and stuff, and I was thinking how I never saw a black character for the virtuous knight role.The closest thing I could think of in a movie was the protagonist of the film Redbelt, but that's really just in his character, not his role. I knew that historically knights are very euro-centric so you wouldn't see it much really, but why not go for it? It's fantasy. Fast forward to playing Inquisition and you have this cool guy who somehow avoids the biggest corruption of his ranks, survives it, proves his character on several missions and becomes Knight-Commander. From there, though, not much is done with him. He should get a DLC for sure.

Interesting take on dlc. It would be nice to see Biowares's attempt at making a scenario based on events such as the those.

Ralemont

not me
I love how Blackwall has taken to saying "Maker's balls!"

Blackwall is probably my favorite character. Half the time he's talking about the honor of the Wardens and duty this and that, but then you pair him with Sera and the two of them are thick as thieves.

They really nailed the personalities in this early concept art:

It'll never happen cause you never even meet Barris if you go the mage route. And BioWare doesn't do big investments in divergent content.

Lucreto

Just a thought

Do I lose my spymaster postgame if I make Leliana Divine?

I have a fair bit of the war table missions still to do.

d9b

Banned
In the patch notes it mentioned that it fixes an issue with a forever "Connecting to Dragon Age servers..." screen - a bug which I never encountered until the patch. I now see it 50% of the time after launching the game.

Also, all audio now just randomly cuts out during cutscenes, the game freezes quite a bit, and there have been a few times I've just had to quit the app cus I was unable to do anything. I hope they patch it again soon :/
No probs here.
You can disable connecting to servers in options at title screen.

d9b

Banned
Is there supposed to be another Solas personal quest after
the one where those people summon his spirit friend and turn it into a demon
? I feel like there should be but no matter how much I talk to him he doesn't give me a quest...
I would like to know this also. Anyone?

Finally finished the main story missions at around 80h. I regret starting on hard instead of nightmare, because with a Knight-Enchanter inquisitor plus a guard-on-hit staff most encounters were pretty easy.

I was planning on starting a second run right away on nightmare to choose what I didn't the first time around, but I'm still undecided with regards to class. The safest choice would be rolling mage-KE again, but that seems a bit of a waste. I was thinking of going Rogue archer (either tempest or assassin) since stealth on the inquisitor might be useful for disrupting/closing rifts.

What was NM like for those of you that rolled a rogue? The interesting kind of hard or just frustrating?

I played through Nightmare with an Archer-Assassin. The class took awhile to come into its own, and I'd often control Blackwall instead, pre-spec. If I had to do it all over again with an archer, I'd go Tempest instead, I think.

I think if I were to play through NM again, I'd go 2H Champion or 2H Reaver. KE is more powerful, but both 2Hs are powerful enough, can solo NM if you want (particularly Champion) and come into their own much faster than KE.

I would like to know this also. Anyone?

Nope, that's it.

There is the secondary one relating to his collection type quest (the weird green globes you can activate) that is just closing another rift. Those things don't have a quest entry like some of the other people's though so i'm not sure of the trigger requirements.

d9b

Banned
Nope, that's it.

There is the secondary one relating to his collection type quest (the weird green globes you can activate) that is just closing another rift. Those things don't have a quest entry like some of the other people's though so i'm not sure of the trigger requirements.
Ok, thanks. Will try to figure it out, because his (Solas) character card is the only one that didn't change.

Ethelwulf

Anyone else here feels a little bit overpowered? I'm reaching lvl 21 and its somewhat easy sometimes. Glorious game though! I stopped playing it for about a month but now I'm back on track to kill them all 10.

Dice

Anyone else here feels a little bit overpowered? I'm reaching lvl 21 and its somewhat easy sometimes. Glorious game though! I stopped playing it for about a month but now I'm back on track to kill them all 10.
You can change the difficulty any time, though I doubt it changes enemy levels mid-fight.

Auctopus

Okay, I might be venting a bit here but hear me out...

I've platinuming this title over the last couple weeks and I know going for all trophies can be a little frustrating but I've thought about this. Besides the fetch quest nature of the side quests, the high dragons are EASILY the worst aspect of this game's design.

How do we make this fight go on and seem epic?

- add mobs to slow down the player? Check.
- make the dragon gain guard more frequently as it loses health.
- make the dragon fly off at each 1/4 health and fire easily missable fireballs at the player.

It's such a chore. I'd rather have 3-5 very challenging dragons.

Also, I just beat the 10th and the trophy didn't pop. Upon googling, I found this has been a bug since LAUNCH? Wtf, bioware.

valkyre

So I am starting my 3rd character. He is going to be a dps 2 handed warrior.

GAF, what is the best build for such a class? What stats should I invest apart from the obvious +strength?

diaspora

Dude.... Dude.

Edit: Ah, you fixed it. Good on ya.

Was posting from mobile, sorry ;_;

edit: Reading the codex really makes the elven gods super interesting. Solas thinks that
the elven gods are just powerful beings/spirits since Flemeth possesses her daughters and Flemeth is actually Mythal the idea of possession alone implies being a spirit. If their sworn enemies are the "Forgotten Ones" both of which are sealed away anyway would that possibly make the Elder Gods that Tevinter worships be the "Forgotten Ones"? It's interesting to think about.

This I've been having micro freezes ever since the update.

X-Frame

In my opinion, 2H Champion is best. Something along the lines of this build

http://dragoninquisition.com/warrior-builds/#Two-Handed_Champion_Build

deals a ton of damage and is practically indestructible.

I'm thinking of going with 2H Champion on my Qunari Inquisitor to change things up a bit. Originally I wanted to do 2H Reaver, but if so then I might as well just take Iron Bull.

Then again, I have been reading that a S&S Reaver is pretty good too, hmmm.

neoism

In my opinion, 2H Champion is best. Something along the lines of this build

http://dragoninquisition.com/warrior-builds/#Two-Handed_Champion_Build

deals a ton of damage and is practically indestructible.

Damn so I just started using Blackwall and is this the best build for him? I went one hander?

Also fuck this game is biiiiiiggggggg I just played for 6 hours straight in that big green forest area and was trying to 100% it @_@. I'm at 65 hours and haven't even killed one dragon yet lol

Top Bottom