• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT2| Leave the damn Hinterlands!

Logash

Just finished the game. Best Dragon Age, best Bioware game, best RPG of the year. What a ride. That ending too. . . Wondering if it's leading to DLC or the next Dragon Age.

tcrunch

Emerald Graves and I've definitely come across them somewhere else, but I'm not sure where. The ones in the Hinterlands are just regular bears though.
I don't think I ever saw any in the Hinterlands, they appear in the Emerald Graves. You can get a small side-quest from a soldier at the first camp to hunt one (it appears to the northeast of the camp), and then after that one of them appeared for me in the "Rush of Sighs" entrance to the north-east of the Gracevine camp. If you're looking for the "Great Bear Hides" / pelts for a quest, they usually drop several each.

There are great bears (the grey ones, not the brown ones, you get great bear claws from them) in the Hinterlands around the Forest Camp, but it seems there's only 3-4. They may only appear when you take the Hinterlands sidequest to retrieve 3 great bear claws.

I will check Emerald Graves, thanks.

PS4. I basically save after every fight now or after every 5mins. I have also had the game bug out when doing the throne trials. I end up just standing there with the crowd around me and not cut scene.

That really sucks. Hopefully they patch it soon.

I've just hit an annoying bug, nothing like yours, but the war room drums play all over the Skyhold, luckily I'm nearing the end of my run otherwise it would drive me nuts.

Just finished the game. Best Dragon Age, best Bioware game, best RPG of the year. What a ride. That ending too. . . Wondering if it's leading to DLC or the next Dragon Age.

Hmm, I assumed next game, but dlc leading to the next game would probably make more sense.

There are great bears (the grey ones, not the brown ones, you get great bear claws from them) in the Hinterlands around the Forest Camp, but it seems there's only 3-4. They may only appear when you take the Hinterlands sidequest to retrieve 3 great bear claws.

I will check Emerald Graves, thanks.

Yeah, they're not great bears. I originally thought they were there, but nope.

Beefy

That really sucks. Hopefully they patch it soon.

I've just hit an annoying bug, nothing like yours, but the war room drums play all over the Skyhold, luckily I'm nearing the end of my run otherwise it would drive me nuts.

Yeah, I hope the patch lands soon. It's a great game, just shame about the game crashing bugs. I don't mind the little ones as I expected them due to the size of the game. It's just restarting the game time after time gets boring. The drum bug sounds annoying tho.

I don't mind her, it's Vivienne I can't stand.

Yeah, I haven't really taken her anywhere because she's just a dick to everyone. Only used her when I went dragon killing.

On my second playthrough, I romanced Sera as an elf and she really isn't that bad.

Beefy

Yeah, I haven't really taken her anywhere because she's just a dick to everyone. Only used her when I went dragon killing.

On my second playthrough, I romanced Sera as an elf and she really isn't that bad.

I'm sure Vivienne is a troll. She likes to bitch at people and places you go and is never happy. Yet you can train her to be a Knight Enchanter.

Playing a male, goody two-shoes human mage. Had a slight fling with Dorian, but decided to call it off and pursue a romance with Cassandra instead. Killed the Hinterlands dragon today and although I thought that I had a pretty good line-up (Cassandra, Iron Bull, Vivienne), it mopped the floor with my party at first. I absolutely love the fact, that you get to judge some of the bosses you encounter and dish out fitting punishments. So far I've
banished the Goat-lord to Tevinter with weapons, made Alexius serve the mages, absolved Ser Ruth of all her crimes and made Lord Erimond into a Tranquil.

Echoing the statements before me: sogood.gif. Bioware, I applaud you.

tcrunch

Yeah, they're not great bears. I originally thought they were there, but nope.

Well they do drop great bear claws, but these Emerald Graves great bears are much larger and drop great bear hides. So I guess those Hinterlanders don't know the meaning of "great bear".

Spineker

Banned
I only just now saw someone mention that Skyhold has a dungeon... where?

There's a door directly behind you from where you are standing when you arrive at Skyhold from somewhere else

You guys weren't kidding about Knight Enchanter. Vivienne just soloed the Emerald Graves Dragon. It is ridiculous how OP it is

mcfrank

Can you have multiple romances in one play trough? I am pretty far along with Cassandra and Josephine, am I going to have to choose?

Bombless

Sera is basically every internet troll rolled into a single persona. Quite amazing, really. Her and Solas make for great entertainment.

Grisby

I wish Bioware was more communicative about the patch. Supposedly its in QA right, but what does it include? How long does QA take? What about a general timetable?

Anything really. Seemed like there was a dev in here a while ago, and I'm sure others read the thread.

1) Play as an Elf
2) Talk To Sera
3) Resist all urges to punch a hole through your monitor
If you're not smug about it she won't care. She just doesn't want to be preached at.

Really? I didn't even pick up on that. He even scolds Sera for not being a proper elf or whatever.
Yeah, it makes no sense. If you're Dalish he reacts very condescending towards you and your heritage. His idea of what an ideal elf should be clearly doesn't exist anymore.

Spineker

Banned
If you guys want a cool quest to experience that can be easily missed, search the area due east of the Andrastes Mercy statue in Emerald Graves

That's all I'll say

Animator

Is there a map online that shows the locations of the Dragons?

I have been trying to find the Dragon I came across in Hitherlands when I was lvl 5 or so and had to bail out. Now I am lvl 13 and I want to kick that dragons ass but I can't find him for the life of me.

mcfrank

I have been trying to find the Dragon I came across in Hitherlands when I was lvl 5 or so and had to bail out. Now I am lvl 13 and I want to kick that dragons ass but I can't find him for the life of me.

Just east of red cliff. Go to the camp south east of red cliff and run straight north.

Spineker

Banned

Directly to the north of Dusklight camp

Bessy67

Dragons (along with a bunch of other stuff) are marked on these maps

Carbonox

"Cassandra, have you ever punched a bear?"

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Sera you're killing me.

I'm starting the belief that the world might not be savable, so why not spend all the inquisitions resources on defending and fortifying one place....The Hinterlands. In all fairness I haven't gone any further in the main story yet so maybe I am missing something important.
Lol, don't worry, the odds aren't actually that steep. You stay on top of things for most of the game.

Spineker

Banned
Is it just me or is there not many awesome heavy armor pieces? I'm nearly 60 hours in and I'm still using the Dragon Armor I crafted from the preorder DLC

Nameless

My main party consists of Sera, Cassandra, and Vivienne. Countless RPGs played and I've never experienced a group dynamic like it. Everyone loathes one another, and will go well out their way to shit on each other. It's wonderful.

Mideon

If you guys want a cool quest to experience that can be easily missed, search the area due east of the Andrastes Mercy statue in Emerald Graves

That's all I'll say
Quest leads to nothing so I have read, no time for this!! Too many quests already, brain is overloaded!!!

abundant

I've been working on my Necromancer in MP and just found a pretty good fire staff and that + master spirit rune + various passives makes me walking death.

The only things they need to fix is to nerf the Demon Commander and add the ability to respec. I know you can promote when fully leveled, but it sucks when you waste an ability point on what you thought would be a useful skill.

so how is the armor and weapon style variety? Is there only a few armor and weapon variants with them being different colors? probably a silly thing but I hate looking the same after hours of play.

tcrunch

"Cassandra, have you ever punched a bear?"

"Bull, are your women like you?"

(he says something esoteric I forgot what)

"No, I mean are they big and fwaa!"

People who get put off by her intro scene nuttiness are missing out. She's quite lucid most of the time, but more importantly hilarious.

Soo not sure if this is different depending on if you support Templars vs Mages, but the
time travel sequence with the Mage path is the first time
, in a long time, I felt really invested and enthralled by a game's story in a long time.

I think part of it was the sci-fi nerd in me, and another part was the Chrono Trigger-ness of the whole thing (accidentally travel into a horrible future that needs to be changed)
, but I absolutely loved it. Told myself I was going to stop playing at 11 PM last night (after about a 7 hour binge) and I finished at 1 AM. Well done, even if the resolution was kinda anticlimactic.

Also, in terms of pure content, this game is almost annoying with the amount of shit to do. I'm STILL going back to the Hinterlands every so often to catch up on stuff. It feels like the Hinterlsands alone has more story, world-building, character, and overall content than the whole of Destiny (a little hyperbolic, I suppose).

Coming from Destiny, it is a breath of fresh air to find a game that knows how to do fetch quests MOSTLY right (shard collection suxxx) by integrating them into the storyline/NPCs and making them MATTER.

Well done, Bioware. And I'm not even level 10 yet and there are class specs? I JUST started delving into armor/weapon upgrades and love it. So much shit to do, I have to remind myself to push the story forward.

What a great game so far. And I haven't even tried co-op yet!

EDIT: Also, what's a rogue gotta do to get a helm that isn't a piece of cloth/swashbuckler cap or makes me look like a Jim Henson character?

Qqhxlua.gif

God the AI in this game is frustrating. Dragon summons fire mines, party stands in the mines until they explode, drink 3 potions, repeat. And for some reason they just stop attacking every few minutes. Bioware pls.

Top Bottom