• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT2| Leave the damn Hinterlands!

npa189

Just had the big sing a long, does the game open up now? I really want to like it, but it's not grabbing me like the mass effect games did. Nevermind, seems like I'm just starting lol.

Varna

You're at the 20-25% mark, I'd say.

Seriously.

That much? Really...

You can probably get to that point in just a few hours if you play on casual/normal I bet and ignore the sidequest obviously.

Not that I mind. I'm playing on nightmare and I am exploring everything I can since I need the extra experience.

VeeP

How many missions should I do/what level should I be on before I leave the Hitherlands?

Any any other tips? Or like a tips guide? So I don't miss out on anything/items/quests/etc.

Ovek

7Member7
How many missions should I do/what level should I be on before I leave the Hitherlands?

Any any other tips? Or like a tips guide? So I don't miss out on anything/items/quests/etc.

Leave as soon as you get enough power to trigger the next story mission on the war table.

PaulLFC

Are the PC and PS4 versions quite different as was the case with the first game on PC and PS3? Trying to decide which format would be best to go for.

LegendX48

Restarted the game cause I switched from the PS4 version over to the PC version and I was wondering, are the schematics that merchants offer random? Been looking for a hunter mail schematic for a bit, not a big fan of how the sturdy scout stuff looks.

Are the PC and PS4 versions quite different as was the case with the first game on PC and PS3? Trying to decide which format would be best to go for.

You mean graphics and such or gameplay? I have both versions and, visually, I don't see too much of a difference outside of AA and frame rate on high settings, gameplay's the same though, especially if you use a controller.

PaulLFC

You mean graphics and such or gameplay? I have both versions and, visually, I don't see too much of a difference outside of AA and frame rate on high settings, gameplay's the same though, especially if you use a controller.
Sorry, I should have been clearer - I mainly meant from a gameplay and controls perspective. I seem to remember DA:O being quite different on PS3 from the PC version since it needed to be adapted for use with a controller.

Astral

After literally 3 hours, I finally cheesed Still Waters on Nightmare with Vivienne. Fuck they don't fuck around with these Rifts on Nightmare. But it was totally worth it for the infinite amulets of power for the Inquisitor. I think I've earned a little exploitation.

Tabby

Restarted the game cause I switched from the PS4 version over to the PC version and I was wondering, are the schematics that merchants offer random? Been looking for a hunter mail schematic for a bit, not a big fan of how the sturdy scout stuff looks.

For early game, the schematics from Redcliffe and Val Royeux is usually enough for me since I have the pre-order dlc with the flames armour.
I don't think they're random though.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Seriously, anyone know whats with the statue in the Hinterlands, the one that looks like some emaciated naked Mindflayer?
I think it's one of the ancient Avarr statues erected to try and scare darkspawn away in one of the old Blights - which didn't work very well.

Asskicker

I'm level 17 and just started going through the Exalted Plains. I'm way too high level for this, but I just can't leave it all undiscovered.

How on earth did I get so much ahead?

I just finished up on
Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts
because I was level 16 and that was the upper recommended level for it.

Josephine doesn't have a sex scene, though she still has a romance scene at the end of her romance plot like other romance-able characters.

Wait what? Josie doesn't have a sex scene?! What nonsense is this?! I only romanced her because out of the terrible options given, she was slightly more attractive.

I'm dumping her ass and getting with Cass, even if she does have a square face. My Inquisitor needs sexytime after all his hard work inquisiting, dammit!

/joke

Asskicker

Wait what? Josie doesn't have a sex scene?! What nonsense is this?! I only romanced her because out of the terrible options given, she was slightly more attractive.

I'm dumping her ass and getting with Cass, even if she does have a square face. My Inquisitor needs sexytime after all his hard work inquisiting, dammit!

/joke

I wanted to romance scout Harding. :(

BeeDog

Thanks to the guys who replied to my post on the previous pages. The ramming attack really did wonders, and now I'm having a much easier time with the game.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Soo I am early on, just hit level 5, haven't done much but some misc stuff in the hinterlands, went back to the Wareoom and selected a mission to rescue some soldiers in "The Fallow Mire" from some Avvar.

I am absolutely getting my ass handed to me when I activate these pillars.. Is this a mission I should be leaving and coming back to? Or running through all at once? Is the Mire an overworld or just part of this mission? Confused.

Arcipello

been playing for 60+ hours and only just found out you have to buy blank runes from the sellers lol...its my first dragon age, can you tell?!

Footos22

Soo I am early on, just hit level 5, haven't done much but some misc stuff in the hinterlands, went back to the Wareoom and selected a mission to rescue some soldiers in "The Fallow Mire" from some Avvar.

I am absolutely getting my ass handed to me when I activate these pillars.. Is this a mission I should be leaving and coming back to? Or running through all at once? Is the Mire an overworld or just part of this mission? Confused.

The Fallow Mire is just an explorable area. There's nothing there but optional stuff.
Best area so far to me though.

think iv'e done everythign there. One landmark short though, even though i have uncovered the whole map.

I think the undead around the Fallow Mire are level 12 (you can check the enemies' levels by activating tactical camera and selecting them) so you're way over your head.

The Fallow Mire is one of the zones the game is divided into, there are some big like the Hinterlands and some smaller like the Mire, you unlock them using power and you can explore them, they all have a 'main' quest in them but they are not mandatory to progress the overarching story of the game. Atop of your journal there is a section named 'Inquisitor's Path', follow these if you want to progress with the story.

BigTnaples

Thanks all. Left there to return later. Back in the Hinterlands.

Where can I find a damned logging stand at?

Dosia

Yeah return when you are around Level 10-11 and it is more doable. I went at level 6 and got owned too.

Braag

Sometimes I feel like I can't take 2 steps without a bear attacking me from somewhere. At times they just spawn directly in front of me.

BigTnaples

Also just upgraded to the Delux Edition on PSN and selected the stuff on the war map. Where to I collect rewards?

Dosia

I'm level 17 and just started going through the Exalted Plains. I'm way too high level for this, but I just can't leave it all undiscovered.

How on earth did I get so much ahead?

I just finished up on
Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts
because I was level 16 and that was the upper recommended level for it.

Ha I just did that mission at level 10. I think I am doing shiz way out of order. Thank god I brought Blackwall for the boss or I would have been screwed. Took me like 40 mins to finally defeat.

Thanks all. Left there to return later. Back in the Hinterlands.

Where can I find a damned logging stand at?

They are about, I believe there is a perk that you can get to display them on the map.

Did you get the one in Haven? When you get that requisition in Haven I believe you can select it as your active quest and it will point you in the direction of the one there.

Otherwise I just sort of stumble upon them as I do not have that perk yet.

Ricker

Is doing the puzzle in the room in Exalted Plains,with the levers,and the lights and that archer statue that turns and shoots at portal looking spheres worth it...?,cant figure it out yet,I got an idea on how now but dont want to spoil more...

Owzers

started getting into the game yesterday...a couple questions:

Are stat points distributed automatically? I can't seem to find a way to do them myself at lvl 3.

Can i not run around without any pants on? I didn't even make a female character this time but i'm still game for a guy with a mustache running around fighting demons without pants.

Action seems a little too fast and clunky right now though, the camera gets too wonky when doing the tactical control.

Is doing the puzzle in the room in Exalted Plains,with the levers,and the lights and that archer statue that turns and shoots at portal looking spheres worth it...?,cant figure it out yet,I got an idea on how now but dont want to spoil more...

Huh. Where is that located? I'm assuming you get a quest for it?

Goddamnit Bioware you did it again...who in their right mind thought that putting a dungeon within a dungeon was a good idea? I would've rather had the adamant lengthened rather than have to deal with another
long, tedious and boring ass romp through the Fade AGAIN...
. I'm very well aware that this is colored by my own opinion and experience of the Fade in DA:O (so obviously your own mileage may vary). But come on...I mean there was a mod to completely bypass this shit in Origins.

Goddamnit Bioware you did it again...who in their right mind thought that putting a dungeon within a dungeon was a good idea? I would've rather had the adamant lengthened rather than have to deal with another
long, tedious and boring ass romp through the Fade AGAIN...
. I'm very well aware that this is colored by my own opinion and experience of the Fade in DA:O (so obviously your own mileage may vary). But come on...I mean there was a mod to completely bypass this shit in Origins.

I must be one of the few who enjoyed
The Fade
in Origins. But I agree I didn't like it either in Inquisition. Nor did I like
the siege of Adamant
, such an extremely linear sequence.

Jag

I'm level 10 and just got to Skyhold. I finally got around to doing DA Keep online and it gives me the option to import the world state to DA:I. Will this ruin my current save game?

jgwhiteus

I think it just leads to some basic loot (some amulets, armor, etc.) maybe a codex entry or two, and it allows you to unlock a shortcut gate, but I don't remember the rewards being amazing. It's one of the more annoying puzzles because I couldn't figure out how to reset it once I messed up.

Huh. Where is that located? I'm assuming you get a quest for it?

I think it's the north-east corner of the map; the entrance is a huge statue of a dead hand (it's also a landmark, I think). There's probably a small side-quest line related to finishing it.

JeffG

I'm level 10 and just got to Skyhold. I finally got around to doing DA Keep online and it gives me the option to import the world state to DA:I. Will this ruin my current save game?

Only comes into play when you start a new game.

JeffG

Yea...what a pain. I have only gotten 3/4 done. Can't figure out the last one

Top Bottom