• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Origins |OT| Letting The Fade fade out of memory

Zzoram

Himuro said:
That steam cd key thing sounds genius. o_O

Very few games use it. The list is here:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-wusf-3601

* Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
* Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* AI War CD Keys in various formats
* Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
* Dawn of War Soulstorm CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM-OP9Q
* Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
* F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
* GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* Lost Planet: Extreme Conditions CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* Lost Planet: Colonies Edition is not accepted on Steam
* MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
* RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
* Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
* Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q

Sanjuro

Just looked it up to my HD with the HDMI port. :D

Another thing I really like is when you come back to a save it gives you a mini recap on what is going on in your game. Great feature.

Zzoram

SanjuroTsubaki said:

Another thing I really like is when you come back to a save it gives you a mini recap on what is going on in your game. Great feature.

Nice. That's what you need for long games that you don't play all the way through in a week.

Zzoram said:
So basically, DA:O performs on the PS3 like Mass Effect did on the 360.

Everybody says this, I don't really remember Mass Effect running too badly. If it runs like Mass Effect then the PS3 version will be fine.

Zzoram

Himuro said:
They should use that feature more.

Only games using Steamworks and that have some agreement with Valve have their retail serial link to Steam. Dawn of War II was the most recent to do it, and Modern Warfare 2 will apparently do it. Retailers don't like this because it promotes Steam, which they compete with. They semi-retaliated with Dawn of War II by not taking retail pre-orders for that game because it used Steamworks. Retailers won't be able to ignore MW2 because of Steamworks though.

Surfheart

SanjuroTsubaki said:

That's really cool!

Anyone know how this game is running on 9800gtx cards?

Bliany

Yah got the text from Gamestop too. Called to see if they are doing a midnight release but looks like i'll have to wait for tomorrow. Not a big deal, just means i'll have to play it until the wee hours of morning tomorrow instead of tonight!

Relix said:
They text now? :lol :lol Might just call my local store in the morning.

yep. i get texted. Should tell them to fuck off because that's money if you don't have unlimited text messages :lol.

Steam preload is at 20% @ 1MB/s average.

Flib

When I logged into Steam tonight it told me that Dragon Age had finished downloading, which made me excited as a pre-loaded it yesterday.

Still locked though...tears are being shed.

TheFreshPrince

Trying to decide between 360 and PC....

I'd rather play the game on PC, but can my Mac/BootCamp and NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS handle it?

Or should I just stick with Achievements and go 360?

Zinthar

TheFreshPrince said:

I'd rather play the game on PC, but can my Mac/BootCamp and NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS handle it?

I would say probably PC, but it depends on your CPU -- if it's a good Core 2 Duo or better than I would say PC. The req's seem to indicate that the game is more CPU bottle-necked than most games.

The difference may be such that it comes down to personal preference between PC vs. console. Personally, this is one game that I expect to offer a much better gameplay experience on PC.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
TheFreshPrince said:

There are achievements in the PC version...right?

I have a quick question, probably was answered somewhere in this thread so I apologize 'cause I missed it. Does the Steam Digital Deluxe Edition of Dragon Age come with all the DLC stuff already included? It's all listed on the Steam page but I'm not sure if that means it's actually all in there or just would be available to buy as well.

so i pre-ordered this on gamestop and got the email today for the feral wolf charm and memory band, but nothing for the blood armor. is that just gonna come in the case?

hermit7

voodoopanda said:
I have a quick question, probably was answered somewhere in this thread so I apologize 'cause I missed it. Does the Steam Digital Deluxe Edition of Dragon Age come with all the DLC stuff already included? It's all listed on the Steam page but I'm not sure if that means it's actually all in there or just would be available to buy as well.

All the DLC is included within the Digital Deluxe. (Stone Prisoner, and Wardens Keep).

hermit7 said:
All the DLC is included within the Digital Deluxe. (Stone Prisoner, and Wardens Keep).

Wow, really? Awesome! But I thought you had to physically download stone prisoner. Or is the Steam version the only one that has it in the actual download?

Played an hour of 360 version. Beat the origin story of Human Noble Warrior.

- Textures are terrible. Facial animations are strong. Overall graphics are solid.

- Controls are good. Radial menus work fine. Only caveat is sometimes character keeps walking when I don't want him to.

- Music is very sweet so far, LoTR inspired for sure. Voice acting is diverse and well-casted.

- Combat seems simplistic to this point, but rewarding. Can see it getting pretty hectic.

- Overall, great start. Gonna get addicted to this like I did with Oblivion, Baldur's Gate.

Installing DLC and game to HDD right now; hopefully shorten the loading times which are frequent.

Tubobutts

Flib said:
When I logged into Steam tonight it told me that Dragon Age had finished downloading, which made me excited as a pre-loaded it yesterday.

Still locked though...tears are being shed.

Same thing happened to me. And then it randomly popped up again a few minutes ago.

ManeKast

360 EBgames (Australia) CE Impressions.

Cloth Map: Pales in comparison to my cloth maps for Icewind dale and BG1+2. Really average material and a half arsed print quality.
Tin: OK, if you like these things. Thought it would be bigger.

Anyway, anyone worried about missing out on the cloth map. Fear not, it is of poor quality.

Tubobutts

ManeKast said:

Cloth Map: Pales in comparison to my cloth maps for Icewind dale and BG1+2. Really average material and a half arsed print quality.

Anyway, anyone worried about missing out on the cloth map. Fear not, it is of poor quality.

Could you post a picture of the map perhaps?

Satanyoka

Banned
ManeKast said:

So CE not worth it then?

Can't get it on PC right now, don't have the screen for it, though my PC can run it just fine with a Q6700, 9800GT, 4GB ram and Windows 7.

I just play my 360 too much, and that I don't have a screen at the moment, makes me pick this game up for 360, if I do that tomorrow.

So, I am thinking of the collecters editions, and how similar is it to Oblivion in terms of the quests and all? How is the story line so far, for the ones who played it? Will it be worth getting the game? I only have one more week before Modern Warfare 2 comes out and I will be totally immersed in that game's online play for a while.

Thanks again guys.

Darkman M

sweetvar26 said:
Can't get it on PC right now, don't have the screen for it, though my PC can run it just fine with a Q6700, 9800GT, 4GB ram and Windows 7.

I just play my 360 too much, and that I don't have a screen at the moment, makes me pick this game up for 360, if I do that tomorrow.

So, I am thinking of the collecters editions, and how similar is it to Oblivion in terms of the quests and all? How is the story line so far, for the ones who played it? Will it be worth getting the game? I only have one more week before Modern Warfare 2 comes out and I will be totally immersed in that game's online play for a while.

Thanks again guys.

Only played a couple hours, but story wise i think this game blows Oblivion away Mods made Oblivion a great game, this game seems great without mods.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
zombieshavebrains said:
There are achievements in the PC version...right?

Yep! There are 1600 points worth of achievements. The whole thing is on its own system, though and will not be boosting your Gamerscore.

hermit7

Snapshot King said:
Wow, really? Awesome! But I thought you had to physically download stone prisoner. Or is the Steam version the only one that has it in the actual download?

I am not sure, I would imagine its included within the download.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Darkman M said:
Only played a couple hours, but story wise i think this game blows Oblivion away Mods made Oblivion a great game, this game seems great without mods.

Damning with faint praise, really.

Top Bottom