• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Origins |OT| Letting The Fade fade out of memory

Underwhelming visuals, framerate problems, lighting and fog pop in, and the stupid pause before conversations is not leaving a good first impression for me.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
SuperSonic1305 said:
Underwhelming visuals, framerate problems, lighting and fog pop in, and the stupid pause before conversations is not leaving a good first impression for me.

PS3?

Neverfade

Wal-mart is right across the street from work, so I just took a break and easily snagged a copy.

The cover says it includes the Mass Effect 2 downloadable and the back says 'includes downloadable character and quest.'

Weren't these pre-order items?

Am confuse.

ManeKast

Tiamatsword22 said:
Could you post a picture of the map perhaps?

Yep, cant really see the bits of loose cloth, you get an idea of size from the catalogues underneath it. About the size of a magazine.

careksims

Damn why doesn't Valve just have a automatic activation button for the games! It would be nice to have it unlocked at midnight.

Neverfade

Has anyone gotten all 3 items from Journeys?

How long would it take to get those? And are they worth it? I'd hate to invest time into it only to replace them virtually immediately with better items.

hermit7

So there is no definitive console version? I thought from all the media I have seen that the 360's framerate was noticeably better than the PS3's. I don't care about the graphics, as they will look good enough.

traveler

Not Wario
Neverfade said:

How long would it take to get those? And are they worth it? I'd hate to invest time into it only to replace them virtually immediately with better items.

I got em all in about 6 hours total. Just play it on easy each time and make sure to go for the kill multiple dudes achievement while on your mage playthrough.

Fredescu

hermit7 said:
So there is no definitive console version? I thought from all the media I have seen that the 360's framerate was noticeably better than the PS3's. I don't care about the graphics, as they will look good enough.
The gamespot video review that they just took down suggests:

PS3
- worse framerate

- worse textures
- longer load times

Neverfade said:

I seriously doubt they are worth it. You can get one of them in about twenty minutes. The other two take time. I'd say about 3 hours for each.

The game is really fun on it's own though, so that's something.

Ploid 3.0

jcm said:
I think they may just be low on product. I ordered mine a while ago.

2renrdi.png

It finally works. Now it don't say December 7th. I'm able to get the pre order bonuses also, all is not lost. Thanks man, I was going to go hunting tomorrow.

Talon

I'm going to get it on the PC down the road as a huge BG/PST fan, but GameFly's sending the 360 version my way so far. Tough week so it'll be nice to kick back on Saturday morning and play this for a bit.

My hype reversal for this game has been dramatic. BELIEVE.

methos75

Banned
really sadden by Amazon, this was the first time I preordered a game from there, and it will be the last. I ordered my copy of the CE months ago, and I am not getting it tomorrow. I am going to go too Best Buy and see if I cannot snag a CE there for the PS3 instead, and too hell with Amazon.

Mrbob

Fredescu said:
The gamespot video review that they just took down suggests:

PS3
- worse framerate

- worse textures
- longer load times

Does this take the 360 hdd install into consideration?

Nemesis_

FUCK FUCK FUCK.

I misheard the Sloth Demon and now I can't answer the riddles he presented to me. This is very early on in the game.

Stupid game.

Really loving it though, despite being only about 30 minutes in

hermit7

Nemesis556 said:
FUCK FUCK FUCK.

I misheard the Sloth Demon and now I can't answer the riddles he presented to me. This is very early on in the game.

Stupid game.

Cant you look at the conversation log?

Nemesis_

hermit7 said:
Cant you look at the conversation log?
I didn't want to press any buttons because I was scared I would do something else by accident.

It's okay though, if you get any wrong,
he attacks you anyway and I made him cry quite easily
:lol

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
For anyone with the Steam DDE, or regular edition I guess too, I just learned why we got the little pop up message about the DAO pre-download being complete and its most likely because now inside the steamapps folder there are a bunch of files for the DLC key codes and what not.

The files are as follows for the DDE:

dragon age - origins bonus content.ncf

dragon age - origins deluxe cd key.ncf

dragon age - origins deluxe game cd key.ncf

dragon age - origins english.ncf

dragon age - origins preorder cd key.ncf

dragon age origins content.ncf

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Nemesis556 said:
FUCK FUCK FUCK.

Stupid game.

His riddles are so easy tho!!!! ;)

RS4-

Minor annoyance when you're at a town inside a shop, house, bar, etc. You can't switch party members unless you're outside said locations.

Can't open a locked chest or door? Rogue not in your current party? Gotta leave, switch then go back inside.

Enduin said:
For anyone with the Steam DDE, or regular edition I guess too, I just learned why we got the little pop up message about the DAO pre-download being complete and its most likely because now inside the steamapps folder there are a bunch of files for the DLC key codes and what not.

Yeah i just checked my steam files and noticed that in addition to those things i also have the soundtrack and some wallpapers. Which is i guess pretty nifty.

Caspel

Nemesis556 said:
True. But it's still pretty hard when you have seven possible responses and not actually having HEARD THE RIDDLE AT ALL

;P

If you wait a few seconds after the last spoken dialogue, it should show up as text on the top of the screen so you can read what was stated.

Nemesis_

Caspel said:
If you wait a few seconds after the last spoken dialogue, it should show up as text on the top of the screen so you can read what was stated.

Yeah, I realise that too, but it didn't come up for the riddle! I was panicking.

Either way, over and done now. I kind of feel overpowered already. Things seem way too easy, and most of my spells already kill the enemies with one casting.

Also, does the Blood Dragon Armour not work for mages or something, or do I have to wait until later on to be able to equip it?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Nemesis556 said:
Yeah, I realise that too, but it didn't come up for the riddle! I was panicking.

Either way, over and done now. I kind of feel overpowered already. Things seem way too easy, and most of my spells already kill the enemies with one casting.

Also, does the Blood Dragon Armour not work for mages or something, or do I have to wait until later on to be able to equip it?

Options. Nightmare. Do it.

Caspel

Nemesis556 said:

Blood Dragon Armor is only for warriors. I forget the strength, but it's somewhere around a level 32 strength to wear it. That should be the equivalent of a level 11-13 Alistair or level 10-12 Sten depending on how you level them up. I never put it on Oghren, but I am sure you could put it on him too though it would look funny.

Change the difficulty level. Wait until you meet the
Brood Mother or a High Dragon
, that's when you know that you aren't overpowered. I dare you to put it on Nightmare the first time through and then come back and tell us how easy it was.

Enduin said:

Hmm. I don't have the preorder cd key file there even though I pre-ordered it and my account information confirms it.

hermit7

Varshes said:
I'll guess a no. Picking this up on 360 later today.

I think this is what I am going to do as well.

Going to start off as a Mage focusing on the spirit spells, and shapeshifting.

Artchur

Anyone have any inkling on how well this will play on my laptop?

Intel Core Duo T6600, 2.2 gghz, 4 gig DDR3 ram, Nvidia G210M 512 mb....

Would love to pick this up for my trip...

Truant

Really digging the game. The
twist
at the end of the
Magi origin
was pretty good. Loving it so far. Magi origin was too short though, only three hours.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Truant said:
Really digging the game. The
twist at the end of the Magi origin
was pretty good. Loving it so far. Magi origin was too short though, only three hours.

YOU SPOILING THE SPOILERS MANG!

I'm not serious

Zzoram

Just pre-ordered on Steam. Hype + Steam = -$

Why does DA:O show up twice under the community page listing of games I own?

Top Bottom