• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Origins |OT| Letting The Fade fade out of memory

bengraven

Copy didn't arrive before work. :/

And my food poisoning has gone away. Now I'm at work, doing the responsible thing. This sucks.

Swag

Snapshot King said:
What the hell? It went from 0 to 100% over and over. So I restarted. Then I decrypted it normally. Then it ran first time setup. Now it's back to the instant decrypting and won't run!? FUCK.

Mine was stuck on 0% over and over so I restarted but now it seems to be de crypting normally. I'm too scared to fiddle with any of the options don't wanna fuck it up :lol

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
bengraven said:

And my food poisoning has gone away. Now I'm at work, doing the responsible thing. This sucks.

bengraven
too mature for this board
(Today, 02:04 PM)
Reply | Quote

:lol :lol :lol

Got 360 version and double-dipped on pc collector's for the mods. Stuck at work though! Beat the human noble intro over a long lunch though. Enjoying it so far.

Mindlog

Mine got delivered. Gore praise be to the internet.

Amazon hasn't sent me an item e-mail yet though so that kind of sucks.

360 version froze and required a console restart at one point : \

Installing to HD now so this hopefully won't happen again. Should've done that upfront.

DannyCool

I have a pc who runs Dragon Age on "Low" at every graphics, but i do got a Xbox 360.

Should i buy it for the console or PC? The console version havent been stripped too much have it? :(

Zeliard

bengraven said:

Food poisoning magically goes away when copy doesn't arrive before work. Uh huh.

Swag

DannyCool said:
I have a pc who runs Dragon Age on "Low" at every graphics, but i do got a Xbox 360.

Should i buy it for the console or PC? The console version havent been stripped too much have it? :(

I believe as far as content goes the games are currently identical, if your PC is going to ruin your experience with the game because it can't handle it on a comfortable level for you, then I'd go with the xbox version.

FrankT

Sceren said:
I don't know if this helps, but here's what came in my PS3 collector's edition:

dmwqcx.png

(After reading the GS review I decided to stick with my PS3 pre-order.)

Yea, that makes sense being it's connected to your EA account. This is the 360 one;

14k89ac.jpg

Sebulon3k said:
I believe as far as content goes the games are currently identical, if your PC is going to ruin your experience with the game because it can't handle it on a comfortable level for you, then I'd go with the xbox version.

This for the most part. You will lose the top down view though.

Hari Seldon

You guys are probably getting stalled at decrypt because it downloads the last bit of data, and everyone is hitting the exact same data at the same time.

Jayge

How do I get the DLC/redeem my bonus code? I'm stuck at the BioWare Social Network website because it won't let me log in with my Dragon Age account and it says I'm already logged in with my steam account and it won't let me proceed.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Snapshot King said:
God damnit. Mine is back to that retarded 0% to 100% bullshit. Did you get the regular or digital deluxe version?

The digital deluxe. The decryption took awhile, I had to go play something else to keep myself from going insane waiting on it.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Jayge said:
How do I get the DLC/redeem my bonus code? I'm stuck at the BioWare Social Network website because it won't let me log in with my Dragon Age account and it says I'm already logged in with my steam account and it won't let me proceed.

Yeah, this shit is fucking up. It's telling me my email is incorrect when it's the same email I use for EA shit. WTF.

So if somehow you could run the character creator with no problems, there means nothing about running the game? Sorry, I just haven't been able to find a GS selling a PS3 version DAO...guess I'll just get it from Amazon, but damn am I impatient.:lol

RPGCrazied

I've played the dalish elf origin, so far its really good

the framerate is pretty smooth too, altho in cutscenes it kinda stutters off an on. could just be my xbox tho.

Tadale

I picked up the 360 version. I'd rather play it on PC-- my computer actually ran the character creator very well, but I'm pretty sure that I'd see some chugging when the actual game started. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a copy of the PC version when there's some kind of sale going on.

Tadale said:
I picked up the 360 version. I'd rather play it on PC-- my computer actually ran the character creator very well, but I'm pretty sure that I'd see some chugging when the actual game started. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a copy of the PC version when there's some kind of sale going on.

But you don't know, and you can always adjust the visuals to be smooth on the pc. I don't understand how everyone assumes the 360 version is 100% smooth when you have a scalable version available as well.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
WTF with this Bioware Social Networking bull shit? I just want to redeem the fucking codes but it keeps giving me errors with and my log in. The log in is fine! /rage

RPGCrazied

anyone else have that problem on the 360 version?

running around, fighting an stuff its very smooth.. but once a cutscene starts it stutters off an on

i have it installed, leaps n bounds better than mass effect.. so i should be happy

Ugh. Every time I try playing I get these shades of color over the screen. There isn't anything wrong during cinematics or anything but it's like whenever there is something in-game, my screen turns red, green, pink...sometimes it's transparent but just barely and sometimes it's a solid color. This didn't happen during the character creator. Any ideas anyone?

Tadale

BattleMonkey said:
But you don't know, and you can always adjust the visuals to be smooth on the pc. I don't understand how everyone assumes the 360 version is 100% smooth when you have a scalable version available as well.

I don't know, and that's the problem. If I had some way of testing the game on my rig, then I'd be more likely to pick up the PC version.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Just got home from a four hour time killing adventure.

Checked the topic and am shocked to see that the Steam version is unlocked. :lol

Decrypting now.

Tadale said:
I don't know, and that's the problem. If I had some way of testing the game on my rig, then I'd be more likely to pick up the PC version.
What's your CPU, GPU and screen resolution? I can tell you.

So after all the pre-release drama over the console version I went with the 360 version. I installed it to my HDD and the loading times are very fast, not to mention there's just about no slowdown (even during a huge outdoors battle that was going on).

It's really good so far, I just hope my 360 doesn't blow up lolz

I have a question though, i can't find my blood armor. I had it when I first loaded up the game but now I can't find it anywhere, is it being kept somewhere?

Druz

The Bioware website and DLC is a COMPLETE FUCKING NIGHTMARE

trying to redeem a code, but you have to sign in an account to do it. I already have an account but it makes me "finish" filling out extra information and then tells me my email is already taken. No shit, website... no shit.

notworksafe

I think i've almost decided on the PS3 version. I don't think my poor MBP can handle it, or if it does it won't look as good as the PS3 version.

Windows 7
2.4ghz Core 2 Duo
512mb 8600M GT
2GB RAM
It's the 15" so the screen rez is 1440x900

I assume I'm correct that the PS3 will look/run better even with the lowered framerate?

Tadale said:

Yeah, that's the problem for me. I wish there was some sort of demo or even benchmarker to test it out.

careksims

Camel toes be damned! Also yes the Social Network is fubar right now LOL!

Still in the beginning, but everything's running smoothly. No hiccups, stuttering, graphical glitches... need to get into my 1st battle to see what happens.

Win 7
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
8190MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

Splatt

I just killed a few rats and it's hilarious how much blood they sprayed on my character and my dog aptly named themostawesomedogever :lol :lol

mjc

Was there a special item you got from Gamestop for reserving a copy there? I have the Blood Dragon armor and the Stone Prisoner quest/Shale but I didn't get any special item code or anything like that. Was I shafted?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
notworksafe said:
I think i've almost decided on the PS3 version. I don't think my poor MBP can handle it, or if it does it won't look as good as the PS3 version.

Windows 7
2.4ghz Core 2 Duo
512mb 8600M GT
2GB RAM
It's the 15" so the screen rez is 1440x900

I assume I'm correct that the PS3 will look/run better even with the lowered framerate?
Someone with the 4570 is running it just fine, so you'll be okay with the 8600M, running it around 1280x800.

notworksafe

K.Jack said:
Someone with the 4570 is running it just fine, so you'll be okay with the 8600M, running it around 1280x800.

Oh sweet! I was liking the idea of getting extra gear from getting it on PC. This game has so many damn pre-order/order/dlc things going on.

DannyCool

Sebulon3k said:

Ok, thanks man ;)

Tadale

mjc said:
Was there a special item you got from Gamestop for reserving a copy there? I have the Blood Dragon armor and the Stone Prisoner quest/Shale but I didn't get any special item code or anything like that. Was I shafted?

Yeah. I got a code for a Feral Wolf Charm (adds to armor, i think) and a memory band (+1% to experience).

Zzoram

careksims said:
Camel toes be damned! Also yes the Social Network is fubar right now LOL!

Still in the beginning, but everything's running smoothly. No hiccups, stuttering, graphical glitches... need to get into my 1st battle to see what happens.

Win 7
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
8190MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

Resolution and settings?

Top Bottom