• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Origins |OT| Letting The Fade fade out of memory

FrankT

FuttBuck said:
So after all the pre-release drama over the console version I went with the 360 version. I installed it to my HDD and the loading times are very fast, not to mention there's just about no slowdown (even during a huge outdoors battle that was going on).

It's really good so far, I just hope my 360 doesn't blow up lolz

I have a question though, i can't find my blood armor. I had it when I first loaded up the game but now I can't find it anywhere, is it being kept somewhere?

Yea, it's running really smooth so far. No hiccups yet and again with the HDD the load times seem to be no issue really. Knock on wood.

Zeliard

Basileus777 said:
It's downloading now. The social site said my codes were wrong, but when I restarted the game, it was all available for download.

Did you have to register the game with the site beforehand?

careksims

1260x900. Not the best but I do have everything maxed out. If I try x1024, it won't let me take a screen shot :/

DAScreensho5a.jpg

LCfiner

Alright! I’m installing it now to my 360 HDD. I’ll resurface in a couple hours to add impressions to the growing fray!

I hate to do this, because I know that it devolves the thread into a help station, but it has been decades since I have played a PC game (console gamer only) and I am wondering if my computer can play this game. Seems like the best way to go.

Windows Vista
Intel Dual CPU E2200 2.20 GHz (This seems to be the hangup as it's not 2.40)
NVIDIA Geforce 7100 (also says NVIDIA nForce 630i)
1680X1050 32 bit

C: drive has over 200 GB free so I am pretty sure I have the space.

Feel free to mock me and my computer illiteracy.

Thanks in advance.

Zeliard said:
Did you have to register the game with the site beforehand?

Everything at that site is so fucked up that I can't really give you a good answer. I entered my code to register it, but it said the code was wrong and my profile at the social site doesn't have it listed as a game I own.

RPGCrazied

anyone else here have the 360 ver?

is your cutscenes stuttery? I wanna know if its my box. The gameplay tho is smooth as can be so far.

Zeliard

Basileus777 said:
Everything at that site is so fucked up I can't really give you a good answer. I entered my code to register it, but it said the code was wrong and my profile at the social site doesn't have it listed as a game I own.

Steam gives me like three different cd keys, but the site doesn't accept any of them. The only DLC it's given me as able to download for free is the Lucky Stone. Warden's Keep and the Stone Prisoner show up, but as something I have to buy first. Nothing else shows up.

I want Shale, dammit.

Zeliard said:
Steam gives me like three different cd keys, but the site doesn't accept any of them. The only DLC it's given me as able to download for free is the Lucky Stone. Warden's Keep and the Stone Prisoner show up, but as something I have to buy first. Nothing else shows up.

I want Shale, dammit.

I basically just entered them all, both with and without spaces, and somehow unlocked everything.

From Steam I got:

Blood Dragon Armor
Collector's Edition
Warden's Keep
Stone Prisoner
Memory Band
Wicked Oath

And I had the lucky ring and the items from the flash game already available.

careksims

Now I'm also wondering... How do you get your Deluxe Edition DLC from the Steam version? My dlc shows nothing but that lucky ring.

Zzoram

It doesn't even make sense to have The Stone Prisoner as DLC on the PC since there is no used game market so every copy purchased is new. It should've just been part of the Steam download.

The number of online people on Steam has grown to 3,874 and it's been about an hour since unlock. I'd imagine that it'll peak some time after dinner, and that all the people logged on today are pre-orders.

Kaibutsu

Class_A_Ninja said:
My Gamestop ended up having it. Every copy that wasn't preordered was unwrapped. I wish I would have been able to check Best Buy, but this thread didn't inspire confidence about the availability of the ps3 version.

check your bestbuy using the bestbuy.com in-store finder for the ps3 collector's edition. That's what I did around 1 PM and saw that it was in-stock. I went and had to ask them for it but I was able to score one. They only got 4 CEs in but a ton of the regular editions.

Zzoram

Space Cadet said:
I hate to do this, because I know that it devolves the thread into a help station, but it has been decades since I have played a PC game (console gamer only) and I am wondering if my computer can play this game. Seems like the best way to go.

Windows Vista
1680X1050 32 bit

Thanks in advance.

The 630i is your chipset and doesn't really matter in this case. The GeForce 7100 is an integrated GPU. Although it's better than Intel Integrated, it's by no means good. You won't be able to run DA:O on your PC with that unless you get a video card because your CPU is probably fine.

Swag

Just redeemed all my codes through the Bioware social network, all the dlc I should have is downloading and ready to go. I wonder why they couldn't just do this through Steam, fuck all these additional services their forcing me to use.

garath

Space Cadet said:

Windows Vista
1680X1050 32 bit

Thanks in advance.

I can safely say that video card is not up to the task unfortunately.

Zzoram

Let me say this:

Dragon Age: Origins is an excellent example of a PC interface done right. Right from the start screen you can tell it was designed for PC because all the text is so tiny :lol

Wag

Not only that- my retail Standard Edition just arrived from Amazon and it looks like I'm getting The Stone Prisoner for free anyways, as it says "free DLC Mission" on the back of the box. So there you go.

notworksafe

Zzoram said:
It doesn't even make sense to have The Stone Prisoner as DLC on the PC since there is no used game market so every copy purchased is new. It should've just been part of the Steam download.

DLC to stop people that buy it in the box and share it with friends maybe?

Basileus777 said:
I basically just entered them all, both with and without spaces, and somehow unlocked everything.

From Steam I got:

Blood Dragon Armor
Collector's Edition
Warden's Keep
Stone Prisoner
Memory Band
Wicked Oath

And I had the lucky ring and the items from the flash game already available.

Lucky ring? Can you get a code for the console versions through this flash game or is PC only?

I've finally gotten everything downloaded, the memory band was stuck at 0% for a good 15 minutes. The social site is getting hammered so hard that the message board isn't even working.

kyo_daikun said:
Lucky ring? Can you get a code for the console versions through this flash game or is PC only?

It's the item you get for uploading a character made in the character creator, so I don't think you can get it for the console version.

So this might be a stupid question, but since they seem to be tying all the DLC to your "EA Account," if you have dlc for one version (say 360), would it also apply to other versions you might have (like if I pick up the PC or PS3 version down the road)?

Basileus777 said:
It's the item you get for uploading a character made in the character creator, so I don't think you can get it for the console version.

Ah I see, I feel like im being pushed to double dip on this, already got the PS3 version pre ordered but it comes out in UK 3 weeks later than the PC and Xbox versions, I could still buy the PC deluxe version.... agh

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Zzoram said:
The 630i is your chipset and doesn't really matter in this case. The GeForce 7100 is an integrated GPU. Although it's better than Intel Integrated, it's by no means good. You won't be able to run DA:O on your PC with that unless you get a video card because your CPU is probably fine.
Are you sure about that, because doesn't that card pass the min requirements? the min requirement is geforce 6600 and up. You might be able to run it at low at least.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Fuck you all, I got this game today but I'm not going to be able to play it until at least Thursday night due to work and other shit. By the time I put it in my system, most of you people will have already 100%ed the game.

careksims

Found the codes but, Damn servers are getting so hammered. Such BS. I hope my codes still work. Everytime I put them in I get a error or it jumps to a different part of the site :/

Lafiel said:
Are you sure about that, because doesn't that card pass the min requirements? the min requirement is geforce 6600 and up. You might be able to run it at low at least.

7100 is nowhere near the 6600 as far as im aware power wise.

Zeliard

careksims said:
Found the codes but, Damn servers are getting so hammered. Such BS. I hope my codes still work. Everytime I put them in I get a error or it jumps to a different part of the site :/

Even if it gives you an error, go into your game and try the DLC page again and see if the stuff is there. The site was telling me that my codes were working and not working simultaneously. :lol

I seem to have gotten everything, though.

notworksafe

Basileus777 said:

kyo_daikun said:
Ah I see, I feel like im being pushed to double dip on this, already got the PS3 version pre ordered but it comes out in UK 3 weeks later than the PC and Xbox versions, I could still buy the PC deluxe version.... agh

It is obtainable on the console version. You just have to log into the "Bioware/EA Account" that you use for the Character Creator. You can do it on any system as long as you use the same account login.

Doytch

Zzoram said:

The number of online people on Steam has grown to 3,874 and it's been about an hour since unlock. I'd imagine that it'll peak some time after dinner, and that all the people logged on today are pre-orders.
Piracy and all that jazz.

careksims

Zeliard said:
Even if it gives you an error, go into your game and try the DLC page again and see if the stuff is there. The site was telling me that my codes were working and not working simultaneously. :lol

I seem to have gotten everything, though.

Dude you are awesome. It just happened that it all started d/ling. Kudos! :D

notworksafe said:
It is obtainable on the console version. You just have to log into the "Bioware/EA Account" that you use for the Character Creator. You can do it on any system as long as you use the same account login.

Thanking you good sir, will do that when I get home :D

Zeliard

The only piece of DLC I'm wary about is the memory ring, which increases the rate at which you gain experience, though it doesn't say in-game.

Zzoram said:

Dammit! Figured as much, PS3 for me. Thanks for the info!

wonkyaddict

Neo Member
I decided to go with a Human Noble Warrior my first playthrough, and I gotta say the story starts out pretty fucking grim. I won't even put anything in spoiler tags so you can see for yourself.

Snuggler said:
Fuck you all, I got this game today but I'm not going to be able to play it until at least Thursday night due to work and other shit. By the time I put it in my system, most of you people will have already 100%ed the game.

Not a chance. I've been playing for 3 hours and I've barely experienced anything this game has to offer. I've spoken to every character I've come across, though.

Q8D3vil

got the collector from ea site
hope they still have it not some stupid in stock error :lol

for those who have the game
is it hard ?!

Alex

E8400 Core 2 Duo @ 3.00ghz
4GB RAM
8800 GTX 768
Windows 7

Running at maximum, 4x AA, 8X AF, 1366x768. Seems to bounce between 45-60 FPS largely for me.

Very smooth, very polished, much more than I expected, kicks the shit out of Mass Effect in terms of visuals, art and overall polish. Excellent PC presentation.

Zeliard

Alex said:
E8400 Core 2 Duo @ 3.00ghz
4GB RAM
8800 GTX 768
Windows 7

Running at maximum, 4x AA, 8X AF, 1366x768. Seems to bounce between 45-60 FPS largely for me.

Very smooth, very polished, much more than I expected, kicks the shit out of Mass Effect in terms of visuals, art and overall polish. Excellent PC presentation.

I wish the graphics weren't so inconsistent at times, though. Duncan's armor textures up-close are all muddy and it's actually pretty distracting, especially since some of the other armor looks pretty damn great.

Alex

I havent been playing but for a few. Picked a dwarf female because the spectacle of fairly nice looking dwarf females seemed appealing. :lol

Love the Dwarf Nobles armor. Steve Blum right off the bat for voice acting!

Top Bottom